closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Daytona 116515 Chocolate dial Everose....

Daytona 116515 Chocolate dial Everose....

Whilst deliberating about the Everose YM I'm now turning my attention towards the ceramic Chocolate dial Everose Daytona instead, a few thousand more but having tried one on yesterday wears a little better IMHO compared to the YM which felt a little small. Anyone out there tried one of these?

Web pic
    Last edited by shalako; 17th May 2017 at 19:18.

Just seen a couple of these used, at Michael Matthews in Bournemouth
    never thought I'd like these but I do!
    now, what shall I sell....

Quote Originally Posted by GOAT View Post
    I didn't think I would like it either until I tried it on, the contrast on the sub dials is poor and the Arabic numbers aren't luminous but it does look stunning. I've just checked the Michael Matthews website and they are selling it for 15k.... less that one some Grey market dealers are charging for the steel ceramic Daytona which when you consider it retails at over twice the price is quite interesting.
    Last edited by shalako; 7th December 2016 at 20:46.

Alanski has one, I am very jealous.

Have to agree it looks stunning and has some weight to it, but I thought it wore tiny on my wrist, even against the YM.

Master
    Shop around you can get pre loved at a big reduction from rrp

Grand Master
    Ive had one on for a month or two and its a very nice watch, you might find the dial a little difficult to read but to be honest I don't wear a watch to see the time!
    RIAC

Master
    Never owned one, but a friend of mine has one which I've tried and it's a glorious thing. The rose gold with the chocolate dial is almost a perfect combination.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GOAT View Post
    Might have to have a walk down for a nosey.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Master
    From the title this sounded quite unpromising in the looks department. Appears fabulous in the images below though.

Master
    That is a fabulous looking watch

Master
    Blog Entries
    Absolutely Stunning

Master
    Commercially, one of the better gold models. You'll need to buy a strap every few years. Like all gold models you are likely to lose a few thousand, but there are worse depreciators and as always it's a case of buying well in the first instance.

Unworn will be circa £17,900 which pushes even a mint pre-owned one (and there aren't too many around) realistically down to something like £15k at most.

H

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gc52 View Post
    From the title this sounded quite unpromising in the looks department. Appears fabulous in the images below though.
    Also you are not going to see many about and it's not 'too much'. Prob looks great with casual or smart attire.

I wear mine on a black rubber b which I think gives it a slightly more modern look...

Yeah great watch . Real eye catching pretty unique piece

Wears really nice and weight is nice too.

Isn't as too in ya face as a full bracelet version

The chocolate dial with the ceramic numbers is the one to buy

On my shopping list. Beautiful watch.

Master
    Quite like the pic but never seen one in the flesh. What I don't like is the interface between the strap and the watch - looks wrong to me. I prefer a strap to go all the way to the case without end links.

Quote Originally Posted by GIB984 View Post
    Quite like the pic but never seen one in the flesh. What I don't like is the interface between the strap and the watch - looks wrong to me. I prefer a strap to go all the way to the case without end links.
    Maybe reserve judgement until you've worn one? Just a thought!

I'm shocked. I don't like the Daytona nor gold sports watches, but along with the Everose YM, I really like this. Must be getting old!

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really like this! But how can there be all those used models for sale - this is the new ceramic model, no?
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    Maybe reserve judgement until you've worn one? Just a thought!
    If he doesn't like the look then wearing one won't help - it is a visual issue after all. That said, I'm sure you can get a strap with curved ends (Camille Fouret?) so that problem should be easy to fix.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I have just been offered a new one of these for £18,500 by a high street AD. Sounds a pretty good deal, but views appreciated. Offer is on the table for this afternoon only!

Master
    £21,050 is list RRP but you can source unworn watches in stickers from Europe - heck, even with swing-tags - for under £18k if you look.

If the AD experience (whatever that is) is important to you, at least try to haggle him a bit further, maybe even using the European watches here in the UK as leverage.

Personally the point at which any salesperson tries to get me to sign up to something "because this deal ends today" comes just before I smile and walk away. It's a desperate sales technique whether it's double glazing, cars or watches.

Perhaps tell him that you'll offer £18,000 on a debit card --- but your offer is only open for the same length of time as his was.

H

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Thanks very much, H. To confess, I sort of brought the deadline on myself by telling him that I am returning to France tomorrow! His best price initially was £18,995. I think I would be happy at £18,500 but a little extra is always worth a try😉.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    Thanks very much, H. To confess, I sort of brought the deadline on myself by telling him that I am returning to France tomorrow! His best price initially was £18,995. I think I would be happy at £18,500 but a little extra is always worth a try.
    Show him this very watch listed on Iconic and on my own site, both sub-£18k. He may match the price or at least move closer to it.

Good luck! H

Craftsman
    Love the dials on these, seen one a while ago and fell in love with it.

Might take a bit more saving until I can get one yet but the price seems fair.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    What a great watch. Lovely weight. Beautiful dial. I did not quite get to the deal I wanted, so the watch went back in the safe so that we can re-engage with the decision-maker next week, when I am back in the UK. Do not tell them though. I absolutely love the watch.❤️

What a great watch. Lovely weight. Beautiful dial. I did not quite get to the deal I wanted, so the watch went back in the safe so that we can re-engage with the decision-maker next week, when I am back in the UK. Do not tell them though. I absolutely love the watch.❤️
    When you consider some people with the premium are paying up to 15k for a steel Daytona Ceramic the Everose looks to be good value at 18k, I'm hoping to add one to the collection at some point.
    Last edited by shalako; 18th May 2017 at 11:17.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by l6sev View Post
    I wear mine on a black rubber b which I think gives it a slightly more modern look...

Do you have any pics?

Master
    Is this on the new oysterflex rubber or original alligator? Believe the latter is discontinued

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mtagrant View Post
    Is this on the new oysterflex rubber or original alligator? Believe the latter is discontinued
    Probably why the dealer wants to get rid of the remaining alligator stock.

The new clasp fits the Oysterflex but not the alligator. So better to buy the new version with oysterflex, and then just modify a hirsch strap or use a regular pin buckle if you want alligator strap on it...

Journeyman
    Tried one on last week. Sometimes I can find rose gold too showy but with the alligator strap it was actually quite understated. Crazy to think you could nearly flip a steel Daytona for one of these.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Leather. In my opinion, this is not a rubber watch!

Master
    Leather. In my opinion, this is not a rubber watch!
    I think I agree, but not seen it on rubber yet (and should bear in mind comment below on the clasp). Liked it when I tried it on, but also remember looking at it on iconic early last year at around £13.5k - need a time machine!!

I can only see rubber on the Rolex website so think it is discontinued, so should put you in a good negotiating position.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I think I agree, but not seen it on rubber yet (and should bear in mind comment below on the clasp). Liked it when I tried it on, but also remember looking at it on iconic early last year at around £13.5k - need a time machine!!

I can only see rubber on the Rolex website so think it is discontinued, so should put you in a good negotiating position.
    ^^^^I hope that may be helpful. Also, I have been told the new rubber strap will not retrofit. Seems a bit odd?

Master
    ^^^^I hope that may be helpful. Also, I have been told the new rubber strap will not retrofit. Seems a bit odd?
    I doubt that they changed the case, but perhaps the way the end links attach to the strap and the clasp also?

Apprentice
    Prefer the black dial personally. Its dial is much more legible and rarer! True panda and the sub dials look better.

images.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by bigweb View Post
    Do you have any pics?
    Sure, but absolutely no idea how to post it from my phone- sorry...do I need a photo bucket account or something?

Master
    Imgur is probs the simplest

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Master
    I doubt that they changed the case, but perhaps the way the end links attach to the strap and the clasp also?
    The endlinks dont attach to the strap, they're just covers kept in place with a springbar.

The oysterflex will fit the case fine, but it wont fit the clasp. So you need to buy the clasp separately, its the same as the Yachtmaster everose clasp and daytona everose bracelet also has it.

Quote Originally Posted by 744ER View Post
    The endlinks dont attach to the strap, they're just covers kept in place with a springbar.

The oysterflex will fit the case fine, but it wont fit the clasp. So you need to buy the clasp separately, its the same as the Yachtmaster everose clasp and daytona everose bracelet also has it.
    Don't the endlinks on these Daytona sit under the bezel as well?
    Haven't found any for the RG but the old WG on strap looked like this

And yes I've been told the same about the compatibility

Love mine on a rubber b looks absolutely beautiful best looking rose gold one in my opinion to be the fair pictures do not do the watch justice!! They not over the top having it on the leather or rubber B as full gold bracelet I felt was too much for me. The dial is stunning if you want a watch to see the time at night do not bother its terrible to see the time at night.

I had the Ceramic White dial Daytona at over list and thought same as you Steve a few quid more rose old version so ended up with the rose gold one and not looked back lol

But wears really well for all occasions not to ostentatious being precious metal it is more understated than you initially would think before buying. I did see a stickered up one lightly worn on eBay for £16250 dealer too in Cheshire might be worth a look or drive. My mate was after one so I found that but he decided too much in the end and shivered.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1423594339...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Last edited by bokbok; 18th May 2017 at 22:32.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbull666 View Post
    Don't the endlinks on these Daytona sit under the bezel as well?
    Haven't found any for the RG but the old WG on strap looked like this

And yes I've been told the same about the compatibility

On the 11651X they are not held in place by the bezel like on the old zeniths, no. They slide out.

Quote Originally Posted by 744ER View Post
    On the 11651X they are not held in place by the bezel like on the old zeniths, no. They slide out.
    Right ok, so is it just lug hole placement that then prevents a bracelet from being fitted?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by l6sev View Post
    that's how they come now anyway. wrong colours but you get the new Oysterflex Bracelet as seen here.

While I love the choc dial, I thing the new white gold one is the best looking now, sophisticated looks ;-)

looks great on, def my new fav watch and makes the new SS one at £16k look a bit naff dare I even say a bit Chav !
    this is love at 1st sight

Last edited by Mrdemon; 19th May 2017 at 14:16.

I saw one of these in Hong Kong last year for the equivalent of about £16k. I thought it looked amazing and would generally shy away from gold watches. I did consider buying it at the time and gave myself some time to think about it, When I went back to have another look it was gone.

Looks better than in the pictures in my view.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrdemon View Post
    that's how they come now anyway. wrong colours but you get the new Oysterflex Bracelet as seen here.

While I love the choc dial, I thing the new white gold one is the best looking now, sophisticated looks ;-)

looks great on, def my new fav watch and makes the new SS one at £16k look a bit naff dare I even say a bit Chav !
    this is love at 1st sight

Yet to see one in person but flipping my SS ceramic white for the WG on Oysterflex from the pictures I've seen is on the cards

Much nicer in person than in the pics and incredibly comfortable on the wrist. I'm extremely tempted myself.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbull666 View Post
    Yet to see one in person but flipping my SS ceramic white for the WG on Oysterflex from the pictures I've seen is on the cards
    Well, I have just confirmed my order for the ivory dial version. I like the batons and the dial colour more than the chocolate. Beautiful pieces.