timefactors watches
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 82

Thread: Daytona 116515 Chocolate dial Everose....

  1. #1
    Master shalako's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    3,545

    Daytona 116515 Chocolate dial Everose....

    Whilst deliberating about the Everose YM I'm now turning my attention towards the ceramic Chocolate dial Everose Daytona instead, a few thousand more but having tried one on yesterday wears a little better IMHO compared to the YM which felt a little small. Anyone out there tried one of these?

    Web pic
    Last edited by shalako; 17th May 2017 at 19:18.

  2. #2
    Just seen a couple of these used, at Michael Matthews in Bournemouth
    never thought I'd like these but I do!
    now, what shall I sell....

  3. #3
    Master shalako's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    3,545
    Quote Originally Posted by GOAT View Post
    Just seen a couple of these used, at Michael Matthews in Bournemouth
    never thought I'd like these but I do!
    now, what shall I sell....
    I didn't think I would like it either until I tried it on, the contrast on the sub dials is poor and the Arabic numbers aren't luminous but it does look stunning. I've just checked the Michael Matthews website and they are selling it for 15k.... less that one some Grey market dealers are charging for the steel ceramic Daytona which when you consider it retails at over twice the price is quite interesting.
    Last edited by shalako; 7th December 2016 at 20:46.

  4. #4
    Alanski has one, I am very jealous.

  5. #5
    Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Exeter, Devon, UK
    Posts
    2,256
    Have to agree it looks stunning and has some weight to it, but I thought it wore tiny on my wrist, even against the YM.

  6. #6
    Master
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    west midlands,UK.
    Posts
    1,261
    Shop around you can get pre loved at a big reduction from rrp

  7. #7
    Grand Master 100thmonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Mayfair & Surrey
    Posts
    14,527
    Ive had one on for a month or two and its a very nice watch, you might find the dial a little difficult to read but to be honest I don't wear a watch to see the time!
    Follow Me on: Instagram Twitter



    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say,
    For Their Tomorrow, We Gave Our Today"

  8. #8
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Gods own county of Sussex
    Posts
    740
    Never owned one, but a friend of mine has one which I've tried and it's a glorious thing. The rose gold with the chocolate dial is almost a perfect combination.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by GOAT View Post
    Just seen a couple of these used, at Michael Matthews in Bournemouth
    never thought I'd like these but I do!
    now, what shall I sell....
    Might have to have a walk down for a nosey.

    Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Leicester
    Posts
    752
    From the title this sounded quite unpromising in the looks department. Appears fabulous in the images below though.

  11. #11
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    west midlands
    Posts
    686
    That is a fabulous looking watch

  12. #12
    Master
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Aberdeen. Scotland
    Posts
    1,101
    Absolutely Stunning

  13. #13
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Chester and Merseyside, UK
    Posts
    2,024
    Commercially, one of the better gold models. You'll need to buy a strap every few years. Like all gold models you are likely to lose a few thousand, but there are worse depreciators and as always it's a case of buying well in the first instance.

    Unworn will be circa £17,900 which pushes even a mint pre-owned one (and there aren't too many around) realistically down to something like £15k at most.

    H

  14. #14
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Bury, UK
    Posts
    808
    Quote Originally Posted by gc52 View Post
    From the title this sounded quite unpromising in the looks department. Appears fabulous in the images below though.
    Also you are not going to see many about and it's not 'too much'. Prob looks great with casual or smart attire.

  15. #15
    I wear mine on a black rubber b which I think gives it a slightly more modern look...

  16. #16
    Yeah great watch . Real eye catching pretty unique piece

    Wears really nice and weight is nice too.

    Isn't as too in ya face as a full bracelet version

    The chocolate dial with the ceramic numbers is the one to buy

  17. #17

    On my shopping list. Beautiful watch.

  18. #18
    Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Walsall
    Posts
    4,141
    Quite like the pic but never seen one in the flesh. What I don't like is the interface between the strap and the watch - looks wrong to me. I prefer a strap to go all the way to the case without end links.

  19. #19

    Quote Originally Posted by GIB984 View Post
    Quite like the pic but never seen one in the flesh. What I don't like is the interface between the strap and the watch - looks wrong to me. I prefer a strap to go all the way to the case without end links.
    Maybe reserve judgement until you've worn one? Just a thought!

  20. #20
    Master helidoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    1,101
    I'm shocked. I don't like the Daytona nor gold sports watches, but along with the Everose YM, I really like this. Must be getting old!

    Dave


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  21. #21
    Master Raffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Lėtzebuerg & Berlin
    Posts
    7,620
    I really like this! But how can there be all those used models for sale - this is the new ceramic model, no?

  22. #22
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sunny Grantham, UK
    Posts
    5,084
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    Maybe reserve judgement until you've worn one? Just a thought!
    If he doesn't like the look then wearing one won't help - it is a visual issue after all. That said, I'm sure you can get a strap with curved ends (Camille Fouret?) so that problem should be easy to fix.

  23. #23
    Master Skyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Dordogne
    Posts
    5,156
    I have just been offered a new one of these for £18,500 by a high street AD. Sounds a pretty good deal, but views appreciated. Offer is on the table for this afternoon only!

  24. #24
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Chester and Merseyside, UK
    Posts
    2,024
    £21,050 is list RRP but you can source unworn watches in stickers from Europe - heck, even with swing-tags - for under £18k if you look.

    If the AD experience (whatever that is) is important to you, at least try to haggle him a bit further, maybe even using the European watches here in the UK as leverage.

    Personally the point at which any salesperson tries to get me to sign up to something "because this deal ends today" comes just before I smile and walk away. It's a desperate sales technique whether it's double glazing, cars or watches.

    Perhaps tell him that you'll offer £18,000 on a debit card --- but your offer is only open for the same length of time as his was.

    H

  25. #25
    Master Skyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Dordogne
    Posts
    5,156
    Thanks very much, H. To confess, I sort of brought the deadline on myself by telling him that I am returning to France tomorrow! His best price initially was £18,995. I think I would be happy at £18,500 but a little extra is always worth a try😉.

  26. #26
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Chester and Merseyside, UK
    Posts
    2,024
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    Thanks very much, H. To confess, I sort of brought the deadline on myself by telling him that I am returning to France tomorrow! His best price initially was £18,995. I think I would be happy at £18,500 but a little extra is always worth a try.
    Show him this very watch listed on Iconic and on my own site, both sub-£18k. He may match the price or at least move closer to it.

    Good luck! H

  27. #27
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    North East
    Posts
    317
    Love the dials on these, seen one a while ago and fell in love with it.

    Might take a bit more saving until I can get one yet but the price seems fair.

  28. #28
    Master Skyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Dordogne
    Posts
    5,156
    What a great watch. Lovely weight. Beautiful dial. I did not quite get to the deal I wanted, so the watch went back in the safe so that we can re-engage with the decision-maker next week, when I am back in the UK. Do not tell them though. I absolutely love the watch.❤️

  29. #29
    Master shalako's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    3,545
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    What a great watch. Lovely weight. Beautiful dial. I did not quite get to the deal I wanted, so the watch went back in the safe so that we can re-engage with the decision-maker next week, when I am back in the UK. Do not tell them though. I absolutely love the watch.❤️
    When you consider some people with the premium are paying up to 15k for a steel Daytona Ceramic the Everose looks to be good value at 18k, I'm hoping to add one to the collection at some point.
    Last edited by shalako; 18th May 2017 at 11:17.

  30. #30
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    liverpool UK
    Posts
    265
    Quote Originally Posted by l6sev View Post
    I wear mine on a black rubber b which I think gives it a slightly more modern look...

    Do you have any pics?

  31. #31
    Master
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Southampton, UK
    Posts
    2,334
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    What a great watch. Lovely weight. Beautiful dial. I did not quite get to the deal I wanted, so the watch went back in the safe so that we can re-engage with the decision-maker next week, when I am back in the UK. Do not tell them though. I absolutely love the watch.❤️
    Is this on the new oysterflex rubber or original alligator? Believe the latter is discontinued

  32. #32
    Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    SE
    Posts
    2,833
    Quote Originally Posted by mtagrant View Post
    Is this on the new oysterflex rubber or original alligator? Believe the latter is discontinued
    Probably why the dealer wants to get rid of the remaining alligator stock.

    The new clasp fits the Oysterflex but not the alligator. So better to buy the new version with oysterflex, and then just modify a hirsch strap or use a regular pin buckle if you want alligator strap on it...

  33. #33
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Glastonbury Somerset
    Posts
    35
    Tried one on last week. Sometimes I can find rose gold too showy but with the alligator strap it was actually quite understated. Crazy to think you could nearly flip a steel Daytona for one of these.

  34. #34
    Master Skyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Dordogne
    Posts
    5,156
    Quote Originally Posted by mtagrant View Post
    Is this on the new oysterflex rubber or original alligator? Believe the latter is discontinued
    Leather. In my opinion, this is not a rubber watch!

  35. #35
    Master
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Southampton, UK
    Posts
    2,334
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    Leather. In my opinion, this is not a rubber watch!
    I think I agree, but not seen it on rubber yet (and should bear in mind comment below on the clasp). Liked it when I tried it on, but also remember looking at it on iconic early last year at around £13.5k - need a time machine!!

    I can only see rubber on the Rolex website so think it is discontinued, so should put you in a good negotiating position.

  36. #36
    Master Skyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Dordogne
    Posts
    5,156
    Quote Originally Posted by mtagrant View Post
    I think I agree, but not seen it on rubber yet (and should bear in mind comment below on the clasp). Liked it when I tried it on, but also remember looking at it on iconic early last year at around £13.5k - need a time machine!!

    I can only see rubber on the Rolex website so think it is discontinued, so should put you in a good negotiating position.
    ^^^^I hope that may be helpful. Also, I have been told the new rubber strap will not retrofit. Seems a bit odd?

  37. #37
    Master
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Southampton, UK
    Posts
    2,334
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    ^^^^I hope that may be helpful. Also, I have been told the new rubber strap will not retrofit. Seems a bit odd?
    I doubt that they changed the case, but perhaps the way the end links attach to the strap and the clasp also?

  38. #38
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Blackpool, England
    Posts
    7
    Prefer the black dial personally. Its dial is much more legible and rarer! True panda and the sub dials look better.


    images.jpg

  39. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by bigweb View Post
    Do you have any pics?
    Sure, but absolutely no idea how to post it from my phone- sorry...do I need a photo bucket account or something?

  40. #40
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    liverpool UK
    Posts
    265
    Imgur is probs the simplest

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

  41. #41
    Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    SE
    Posts
    2,833
    Quote Originally Posted by mtagrant View Post
    I doubt that they changed the case, but perhaps the way the end links attach to the strap and the clasp also?
    The endlinks dont attach to the strap, they're just covers kept in place with a springbar.

    The oysterflex will fit the case fine, but it wont fit the clasp. So you need to buy the clasp separately, its the same as the Yachtmaster everose clasp and daytona everose bracelet also has it.

  42. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by 744ER View Post
    The endlinks dont attach to the strap, they're just covers kept in place with a springbar.

    The oysterflex will fit the case fine, but it wont fit the clasp. So you need to buy the clasp separately, its the same as the Yachtmaster everose clasp and daytona everose bracelet also has it.
    Don't the endlinks on these Daytona sit under the bezel as well?
    Haven't found any for the RG but the old WG on strap looked like this



    And yes I've been told the same about the compatibility

  43. #43
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    sunny yorkshire
    Posts
    2,151
    Love mine on a rubber b looks absolutely beautiful best looking rose gold one in my opinion to be the fair pictures do not do the watch justice!! They not over the top having it on the leather or rubber B as full gold bracelet I felt was too much for me. The dial is stunning if you want a watch to see the time at night do not bother its terrible to see the time at night.

    I had the Ceramic White dial Daytona at over list and thought same as you Steve a few quid more rose old version so ended up with the rose gold one and not looked back lol

    But wears really well for all occasions not to ostentatious being precious metal it is more understated than you initially would think before buying. I did see a stickered up one lightly worn on eBay for £16250 dealer too in Cheshire might be worth a look or drive. My mate was after one so I found that but he decided too much in the end and shivered.

    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1423594339...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT


    Last edited by bokbok; 18th May 2017 at 22:32.

  44. #44
    Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    SE
    Posts
    2,833
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbull666 View Post
    Don't the endlinks on these Daytona sit under the bezel as well?
    Haven't found any for the RG but the old WG on strap looked like this



    And yes I've been told the same about the compatibility

    On the 11651X they are not held in place by the bezel like on the old zeniths, no. They slide out.

  45. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by 744ER View Post
    On the 11651X they are not held in place by the bezel like on the old zeniths, no. They slide out.
    Right ok, so is it just lug hole placement that then prevents a bracelet from being fitted?

  46. #46
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    East midlands
    Posts
    419
    Quote Originally Posted by l6sev View Post
    I wear mine on a black rubber b which I think gives it a slightly more modern look...
    that's how they come now anyway. wrong colours but you get the new Oysterflex Bracelet as seen here.



    While I love the choc dial, I thing the new white gold one is the best looking now, sophisticated looks ;-)



    looks great on, def my new fav watch and makes the new SS one at £16k look a bit naff dare I even say a bit Chav !
    this is love at 1st sight

    Last edited by Mrdemon; 19th May 2017 at 14:16.

  47. #47
    I saw one of these in Hong Kong last year for the equivalent of about £16k. I thought it looked amazing and would generally shy away from gold watches. I did consider buying it at the time and gave myself some time to think about it, When I went back to have another look it was gone.

    Looks better than in the pictures in my view.

  48. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrdemon View Post
    that's how they come now anyway. wrong colours but you get the new Oysterflex Bracelet as seen here.



    While I love the choc dial, I thing the new white gold one is the best looking now, sophisticated looks ;-)



    looks great on, def my new fav watch and makes the new SS one at £16k look a bit naff dare I even say a bit Chav !
    this is love at 1st sight

    Yet to see one in person but flipping my SS ceramic white for the WG on Oysterflex from the pictures I've seen is on the cards

  49. #49
    Much nicer in person than in the pics and incredibly comfortable on the wrist. I'm extremely tempted myself.

  50. #50
    Master Skyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Dordogne
    Posts
    5,156
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbull666 View Post
    Yet to see one in person but flipping my SS ceramic white for the WG on Oysterflex from the pictures I've seen is on the cards
    Well, I have just confirmed my order for the ivory dial version. I like the batons and the dial colour more than the chocolate. Beautiful pieces.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •