closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: G-Shock: who has gone - Riseman to Rangeman?

G-Shock: who has gone - Riseman to Rangeman?

The Riseman (I have owned for a few years) is near enough the perfect G for me in terms of design, functions, size etc and the best all round G they ever made I think. With Atomic syncing, solar, barometer etc it is so perfect as an everyday do it all without worrying watch - I absolutely love it.

Thinking about the Rangeman though for new functions and updated module and I'd think it would be even more perfect but it may be just that bit too big and there is just something about the design that does not gel for me. Not sure if it's the fake screws on angular thing but how are others who have gone Riseman > Rangeman getting on with it?

Pic below (not mine) is interesting as I also have a (Final) Frog 200 but rarely wear it as it is 'brand new' and a bit of a safe queen and just that bit too bulky in some ways.

Last edited by Max...; 5th December 2016 at 11:24.

Very nice set
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Journeyman
    I agree on what you say about the Rangeman, although it has very good reviews the design was a bit lacking (for me at leas), the "design reason only screws" made me want to go in a different direction. I was about to get it but then I thought that my Pro-Trek PRG-200 was a nicer looking watch with the same functions and I can fit any 22mm strap if I want. You are so lucky to have the final Frogman, I've never own one but looks amazing, nice to see you have a nice collection

Just to confirm, the pic in OP is not mine.

This is my trio:

Craftsman
    I've owned a couple of Risemans and I have found it to be one of the most comfortable G-Shocks I have owned, great module and not too large either. I had a Rangeman with the carbon band, and believed at the time that it was my perfect G-Shock with the module and carbon fiber etc. I did not find it as comfortable to wear as the Riseman (6.5" flat wrist) and it wears a little larger/higher on the wrist. I let mine go to try something else from the aviation range but I still find myself wanting another now, not as a single G-Shock though. Personally I do like the design but the Riseman is a classic for me.

My advice would be if you can find one second hand, give it a try, they seem to hold prices well in the second hand market and you're unlikely to lose much if anything.

Craftsman
    I have the Riseman, and it is indeed the perfect G-Shock. Or at least very close to it.

The Rangeman while packed with impressive functions looks very bulky. Even by G-Shock standards.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Master
    I tried a Rangeman before getting my Riseman. Unfortunately, my wrists were too small for the Rangeman so had to spend a while to find a decent Riseman as they had stopped selling them by then!

Craftsman
    I had a Riseman and thought it was the perfect G. It went as part of a deal for another watch which I have worn once in two years! Have since brought a GA-1008 which I wear 2-3 times a week and really like. Tried a Rangeman but it felt too big for me.

Cheers chaps, beginning to regret the below now!

http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...ed-un-worn-etc

I think the Rangeman is step up from the Riseman which is a fantastic watch. I prefer the rangeman, I bought this one for my Oldest Son for his Ten Tors Challenge, He is a big G shock fan with his own collection like me, Rangeman one his Favourite watches.

I like wearing it when i am allowed (not often), but prefer the Frogman.

Was going to get a Maharishi Mudmaster, but recent watch purchase of something that ticks, has put that on hold.