closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Advice on replacement of non-original part during RD service.

Advice on replacement of non-original part during RD service.

Hi all

I've brought in my Roger Dubuis to Harrods for service and received it back a couple of weeks ago.

However as I was just photographing it, I realised that the rotor had been changed for one without the previous detail of some micro engravings. I wasn't aware/ informed that part had been swapped for something non-original. And from my point of view, that was quite a desirable aesthetic I had liked and would expect from RD.

I have contacted the Harrods after service asking for an explanation. However I was wondering if anyone had any further advice for me?

TIA!

Edit: photos deleted but not the signature!

H
    If you give people nothingness, they can ponder what can be achieved from that nothingness.
    Sent from my iPhone
    Last edited by hyl1987; 5th December 2016 at 10:00.

Master
    Your after photo is useless to see exactly what yours has been replaced with.
    And while you’re taking a number of photos with your iPhone, to use the best one, delete that stupid signature shite, which is beyond irritating to see in every single one of your posts!

As for the rotor issue – demand it be returned to its original.
    I’d be more inclined to think they’ve put the wrong movement into your case, which if it can’t be identified from marks or numbered edition (xxx/888, for example) then bar the strap, can you even be sure you’ve received your watch, and not somebody else’s?

Advice on replacement of non-original part during RD service.

Think we need not just better but much better pictures before we can comment.

I
    If you give people crap pictures you'll get back crap answers.

Blog Entries
    Definitely higher res pics needed. :-)

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Is there a watch in the picture??!

Quote Originally Posted by PJ S View Post
    delete that stupid signature shite, which is beyond irritating to see in every single one of your posts!
    ^^ this.

As soon as I see your username, I don't even read the text because of that drivel at the bottom.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hyl1987 View Post
    If you give people signature shite, they can ponder what can be achieved from that signature shite.
    Sent from my i product
    Fixed that for you.

Ta deleted the photos as I'm going to get the watch on a holiday to Swiss. Not deleting my signature though!

H
    If you give people nothingness, they can ponder what can be achieved from that nothingness.
    Sent from my iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by hyl1987 View Post
    Not deleting my signature though!
    In that case I am going to heed your advice and make sure you give me 'nothingness' by putting you on ignore. I suggest all those who are similarly annoyed by it do the same.

Went and Googled that quote. It's about architecture, talking about the space created within a building. Not sure how that relates to watches. Perhaps if you wear a tiny watch on an enormous arm, then you give the watch the opportunity to think about its position on your arm, and it can reflect on all the many parts of the arm on which it is not located?

Sorry OP but it is bloody annoying.

Grand Master
    Despite the rubbish photos and the questionable appendage, I`ll be the exception on this thread and I'll offer some help.

I`m puzzled as to why the rotor has had to be swapped; assuming the bearing is worn it should've simply been given a replacement bearing to the original rotor. If this wasn`t possible the owner should've had this explained to him. I can`t see what the movement is but it's obviously got a ball-bearing type centre bearing that presses out from the rotor. There are examples where a common movement is used but for whatever reason the rotor and bearing are custom-made for a specific manufacturer. Omega do this with their Valjoux 7750 derived movement and it means the rotor bearing isn`t interchangeable, a whole new rotor has to be ordered at great expense.

Clearly the OP needs to take this up with the repairer and get some answers. It may be that the rotor bearing is now only supplied complete with the rotor and they've simply fitted the whole lot rather than swap the bearing over.

There's an old Yorkshire saying....' if you can`t say owt nice say nowt'........maybe a few around here would do well to heed it. Yet more examples of shitty behaviour for no good reason.

Paul