closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: MM300

MM300

With my 40th coming up in January I decided I wanted a new watch. Haven't bought anything over £300 in a couple of years, so I set myself a healthy budget for something special to keep for the rest of my days. After a lot of thinking and toying with HEQ ideas, I decided it had to be mechanical and either a Panerai or a Grand Seiko. I only really like the 1950's Panerai, so off I went to try a few. Long story short, I decided they looked somewhat ridiculous on my wrist and was put off them. Grand Seiko it was then, so while in Japan last month I made it a mission to try as many as I could. While doing that I also tried on the MM600, which was so thick it looked like two watches stacked up, and an MM300. I fell in love with it. Having dragged my wife around various shops for two days, not a single GS appealed to me as much as the MM300. Sure, they felt more special off the wrist, had amazing build quality, were just awesome, but maybe for my 50th... The MM300 just took over and I had to have it. The rest of my budget was spent on an Alexander McQueen bag for my wife. Needless to say, we are both very happy!

Lovely watch :-)

Good choice Adi, I went with one for my 40th too.

Blog Entries
    Very fine choice.

Other watches start to bore me after seeing them for to long, but this keeps on giving :)

Daddel.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Great choice! I am still waiting for a titanium version though.

Grand Master
    great watch! i think if i try one again i'll go for the titanium though as i found it top heavy on the wrist.
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

I was going to buy one for my 40th a few years ago, but decided on another watch.. The MM300 though just kept nagging at me so a few months ago I posted up a wanted and in a few days it came good for a like new 001 full set..

I have to say the MM is way above what I was expecting, I truly love it especially on a fitted MM300 rubber, its so hard to describe and put in pictures what really appeals about this watch but I know its right for me when I turn my nose up to other watches as I know they wouldn't see wrist time over the MM.

Also it's the only watch I have owned that I look at to tell the time and a few seconds after I think "what was the time"

Like it on a shark skin too -

Last edited by murkeywaters; 2nd December 2016 at 23:32.

It is a lovely watch
    I got one from a WTB last month and it's has hardly been of my wrist.
    I would suggest you try a crafter blue strap as they set the watch off a treat
    Enjoy

Craftsman
    Great choice! I am toying with the idea of buying one for some time now. But I always find reasons why not to do it.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

One of my all time favourites. I've had a couple of MM300's and I just love the fit and feel of them. Here's my SBDX012 LE. - perfect.

Very nice.

I had one and sold it a while back (needed the cash), but it's one that I would definitely like to have again.
    Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

Master
    Iconic, timeless and classy. You have chosen wisely. :-)

Journeyman
    Man, you spent your cash well! I got mine recently and I can't say that I am disappointed!

Blog Entries

I longed for a mm300 for about 3 years before I bought one. I loved it but felt it a little too heavy due to the thin bracelet so after about 2 years I sold it. Since then I've missed it sometimes and I bought the "original mm300" 6159 a few weeks back. Now when Crafter Blue makes a fitted rubber for it and Strapcode makes a bracelet for it, I miss it even more. It's a great watch with lots of character so hopefully you'll be happy with it for a long time.

Just waiting to get my hands on the crafter blue strap .

Enjoy and don't forget to get it wet !

Blog Entries
    ^^^ This pictures make me think that the MM300 would look good with a DSSD-style D-Blue dial. I wonder if there's an aftermarket one.

Good man, good choice, happy wife.

I too have an mm300 in the box and its one of those I never think of selling.
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Master
    Great choice and although I have never seen one in the flesh so to speak, it is a watch I feel that one day I will have to own.

I have just released some watch funds and these pics have me testing my resolve to not dive in too quickly!

Master
    Great choice as its such a lovely watch imho. I bought mine in 2010 from another fellow member here and it still puts a smile on my face each time I put it on....

A lovely watch.
    IMO, the very best of non-GS Seiko and one of the five best dive watches ever.
    Congrats and enjoy it.

lovely watch, great choice. can't go wrong with MM300. Happy 40th and wear it in good health!

I made a similar choice once. The MM300 tends to have this effect on some, simply awesome design and very unique. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a custom poor man's mm made.
    Because I'm poor.

I knew it was a popular choice here, which is really what put it on my radar in the first place. It ticks so many boxes for me visually as it's such a timeless design, but once I tried it on it felt completely right. Some of you mention it sitting heavy due to the thin bracelet, I can't say i'm experiencing this at the moment, but I am used to heavy watches.

Great choice, I have recently tried mine on the supplied rubber strap which is something I would never normally do, bracelets are my usual choice, but it looks great on the strap.
    I have since tried a few other watches on straps, good stuff
    Last edited by geran; 3rd December 2016 at 23:14.

Craftsman
    Great opportunity to try on before you bought. Wish there was more choice of decent seiko models available in UK bricks and mortar shops.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Lovely watch and a great choice :)

On my to buy list hopefully next year :)