closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Seiko Watch Prospex Blue Lagoon Samurai

Quote Originally Posted by Montybaber View Post
    Im not sure if it is, depends i suppose on how easy they are to get hold of new

Its brand new and £25 less than rrp, i was surprised it hadnt sold

Yeah I suppose so, although I've seen prices of 390 Euros which was the basis for my comment.

Im not sure if it is, depends i suppose on how easy they are to get hold of new.
    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Yeah I suppose so, although I've seen prices of 390 Euros which was the basis for my comment.
    Yep, Monsterwatches.nl (where I bought mine) have it at 390 (+13) euro so ~£350 depending on how badly your bank/card do you over for exchange rate. Obviously takes a few days extra shipping. I can understand why some people would pay the extra £25 to have it next day.

I have had a good chance to wear the Samurai this weekend and I am pleased to report that despite its size it wears very well due to its case shape and the bracelet is better (in my opinion) to the PADI turtle I had, timekeeping is very good and it certainly has some presence on the wrist

For the money I am very impressed indeed

Im not sure if it is, depends i suppose on how easy they are to get hold of new

It has now!I bought it!

Mine arrived yesterday but I didn't get my hands on it 'til after dark.
    It's still really dingy but here are a few pics (more in here)...

Looks great! Be interested to know your thoughts. Also where is that leather NATO from?

Quote Originally Posted by 5avvy View Post
    Looks great! Be interested to know your thoughts. Also where is that leather NATO from?
    Very impressed with it. The dial sunburst effect is livelier than my recent PADI turtle - some people will prefer one, some the other. It seems well built - bexel and crown are precise. I took it straight off the bracelet so can't comment other than that that also seemed well put-together.

The leather Nato was from Etsy (TunaStraps) but they're not active any longer: https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/TunaStraps

Thanks for that really helpful. I've got the Padi too and I'm really drawn to this one as well.

Master

Don't know!!

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    There's one for sale over on The Watch Forum for £375. Seems a bit pricey.
    Not sure as on EBay US there's one at £800😳 plus £375 is £25 below rrp and it's sold out worldwide??

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by subchris View Post
    ...it's sold out worldwide??

Chris
    It's not. See above... still available from Holland for 390 euro (+13 shipping).

http://www.monsterwatches.nl/product...agoon-samurai/
    Last edited by MakeColdplayHistory; 22nd February 2017 at 07:35.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeColdplayHistory View Post
    It's not. See above... still available from Holland for 390 euro (+13 shipping).

http://www.monsterwatches.nl/product...agoon-samurai/
    More fool anyone that pays over the odds then!!
    Saying that I don't know the one above so for me personally I wouldn't want to risk it but I'm sure others would or will?
    As long as I have mine which I ordered from Jura! although I haven't worn it yet but I have stared at it :-)

Good luck with anyone finding one anyway as it's worth it if you ask me!! I do however love blue dialled watches so I may be a bit one sided in my opinion!!!

Chris

I saw a blue lagoon samurai in a shop window at the weekend, it looks really good, I wanted a samurai the first time around in orange or blue but could not source one so missed out.

Saw a Padi Turtle in another shop on my travels for the first time last week, it is cool, I did fancy getting one for a bit and missed a few on SC.

It was the blue dial that had me tempted and I am big fan of the brand, however seeing it in the shop, I am glad I did not rush and get one. Still like it but did not impress me as much as I thought it would, Plus the one I saw was at RRP.

I am tempted to pop back to the shop and see if the blue samurai is still there, did not realise they would be so limited and as it seems hard to get now.

We shall see.
    Last edited by pastrana72; 27th February 2017 at 18:33.

Master
    Got a Samurai on pre-order at Jura. No email yet to pay the balance, but I did visit their site several times over a week or two and hovered over the button before finally pressing it, so I guess I'm not one of the earliest orders.

I did go back today, it was there, so I bought it and took it back to work with me.

Quick pic.

Quote Originally Posted by Evanssprky View Post
    Got a Samurai on pre-order at Jura. No email yet to pay the balance, but I did visit their site several times over a week or two and hovered over the button before finally pressing it, so I guess I'm not one of the earliest orders.
    When did you order yours? i have had mine nearly two weeks now from Jura

Master
    When did you order yours? i have had mine nearly two weeks now from Jura
    Hi, 23rd of January.

Quote Originally Posted by Evanssprky View Post
    Hi, 23rd of January.
    I think i pre ordered at the end of 16, i assume like other Seiko releases yhey are arriving in batches although Jura must know how many they will recieve as they sold out/stopped taking orders unlike the Padi turtles

I would have thought they will be in touch very soon, it is worth the wait

Master
    Thanks for the info, my order is approaching a month after yours then. They have replied quickly to an email stating that they'll contact me for payment of the balance when Seiko supply them.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using TZ-UK mobile app

Back in stock at:

http://www.watcho.co.uk/watches/seik...atch-srpb09k1/

Use code SEIKO5 for 5% discount.

Apprentice

Back in stock

Quote Originally Posted by AAddict View Post
    Now sold out.
    Looks like back in stock.

Master

Gone again ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by WatchFan View Post
    Looks like back in stock.

Looks like it's gone again😂

Quote Originally Posted by subchris View Post
    Looks like it's gone again
    Well played, sir.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper85 View Post
    I really do hope Jura Watches honour my deposit and I do get to purchase it.
    I finally got the email from Jura Watches I had been waiting for (or so I thought) regarding my Blue Lagoon Samuria arriving in stock.

However, it read....... At current, I would like to announce that we have not been allocated number of timepieces we were expecting this has affected us fulfilling your current order.

So it looks like I will have to see what SC has to offer in the future or source one elsewhere on the web. Needless to say I am a little disappointed but I guess these things happen!

Craftsman
    If anyone is still looking for a Blue Lagoon Samurai, I have just seen one in a shop window in Witney £399. I will pop up a photo later and the contact details if needed.

Michael Lynes jewellers, Witney, Oxon

Last edited by electorn; 13th April 2017 at 18:01. Reason: Jewellers name and location added

Quick phone snap of mine. The dial is a thing of beauty and the lume is superb.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper85 View Post
    I finally got the email from Jura Watches I had been waiting for (or so I thought) regarding my Blue Lagoon Samuria arriving in stock.

However, it read....... At current, I would like to announce that we have not been allocated number of timepieces we were expecting this has affected us fulfilling your current order.

So it looks like I will have to see what SC has to offer in the future or source one elsewhere on the web. Needless to say I am a little disappointed but I guess these things happen!
    Having initially enquired what else they had in stock and receiving no further correspondence, I have since contacted them a second time requesting a refund of my deposit and I still have not recieved any correspondence. So it looks like a call is now in order now!

Craftsman
    Sorry for a bit of a thread revival but.....

I noticed a shop on fdacebook i follow listed on on friday night - witnin 5 minutes it was bought and should be here tomorrow.

First piece i have bought in a few years after "falling out of love" with watches.

Some of the pics on this thread look stunning.

A

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAx View Post
    Sorry for a bit of a thread revival but.....

I noticed a shop on fdacebook i follow listed on on friday night - witnin 5 minutes it was bought and should be here tomorrow.

First piece i have bought in a few years after "falling out of love" with watches.

Some of the pics on this thread look stunning.

A
    Considering you have purchased a watch after a while and chose this one, would love to know your thoughts.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by WatchFan View Post
    Considering you have purchased a watch after a while and chose this one, would love to know your thoughts.
    You know what, this is my favourite watch in my collection. I have worn it EVERY day since purchase.

I loved my original monster and thought i wouldnt be able to beat that with a seiko, however this trumps it.

It already has some character with scuffs and a chip to the bezel, i really am very impressed with it.

A

Just in this week

and with the Blue Waffle Dial version I got a few weeks ago.

Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post
    Just in this week

and with the Blue Waffle Dial version I got a few weeks ago.

great comparison shot,
    excellent value/quality for the money

I recently sold my blue lagoon as I found the sunburst dial and the 00-15 blue on the bezel a bit too 'bright' for my liking
    the SRPB49k Waffle is high up on my list as a replacement

Kinda annoyed I missed these. I had one of the original Samurai's and really liked the design, but I felt something about the quality just wasn't right in places and it let the whole thing down a bit. Always felt like a missed opportunity. I really fancy trying out the new version, but neither of the standard models really jumps out - I think the highlight on the bezel just seems like its stuck in a middle ground where it can't decide whether it should even be there or not. I was never too big of a fan of the waffle dial either. The Blue Lagoon seems to tick all the boxes though, the radial dial looks great and the unusual bezel colours fits the fact this is a slightly quirky watch, I think. Low-key, without being as muted as the standard versions.

Might need to post up a WTB for one.