closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Patek Philippe buying help/support/enabling (5167,5164,5711 and 5712)

Thanks for the picture. Those prices only strengthen my opinion that Rolex do remain pretty good value.

Quote Originally Posted by W124 View Post
    Here is a shot of the current PP price-list for sports pieces, it may be useful when comparing against dealer prices.

Is this £GBP?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by watchlovr View Post
    Is this £GBP?
    It is, Colin.

Yup - I received the PP pack from a Manchester official agent in December 2016, and prices are valid until further notice.

Craftsman
    wow my post is hitting the 12k - seems to be a topic of desire :-) I am still waiting for my PP

Craftsman
    Ok - little update for everyone (that is interested in my journey and why I opened this thread initially). Got news from PP, they say that they got their allocation numbers and I will be luck in 2018 or 2019 for the 5167 and 5711.

Another AD emailed me and said for the 5712, it will be 2018 (May or so).

I am no considering to forget the semi boring PP's and go for this http://www.iconicwatches.co.uk/as-ne...-116500ln.html

But I would like to get opinions from the high rollers here in the community and if a price/premium like this makes sense.

I am also still playing with the thought of Saxonia Moon Phase (white gold), 116655 or the new Blancpain Fifty F. in 38mm that will be released at Baselworld in March.

Dream post SIHH would be the 15202 all gold but $55,400k impossible. - however new 15400 with great dial is quite nice too :-)

Thoughts? especially on Daytona. Many Thanks

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeFalconer View Post
    Ok - little update for everyone (that is interested in my journey and why I opened this thread initially). Got news from PP, they say that they got their allocation numbers and I will be luck in 2018 or 2019 for the 5167 and 5711.

Another AD emailed me and said for the 5712, it will be 2018 (May or so).

I am no considering to forget the semi boring PP's and go for this http://www.iconicwatches.co.uk/as-ne...-116500ln.html

But I would like to get opinions from the high rollers here in the community and if a price/premium like this makes sense.

I am also still playing with the thought of Saxonia Moon Phase (white gold), 116655 or the new Blancpain Fifty F. in 38mm that will be released at Baselworld in March.

Dream post SIHH would be the 15202 all gold but $55,400k impossible. - however new 15400 with great dial is quite nice too :-)

Thoughts? especially on Daytona. Many Thanks
    I wouldn't pay that for a Daytona. I'll be honest in the flesh it ain't that special

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Does anybody know the current RRP from AP for steel 15202

Craftsman
    Does anyone have current list??

Master
    Blog Entries
    Does anyone have current list??
    My head is spinning with the amount of watches you want and the amount of waiting lists your allegedly on.

I can't take this thread too seriously now

Craftsman
    The retail for the 15202 was around GBP 18.5k but think its now GBP 19k plus change post the price increase

^+1 - this was my thought from quite some time ago.
    1. Current list is £19,200
    2. I believe the 15202 is boutique only - there is no UK AP boutique. Nearest one is Paris.
    3. All the boutiques I have enquired at have a waiting list for the watch.
    4. HY Jewellery in Knightsbridge have a brand new one in for £19,950.

All of the above is probably academic in any case as you will probably post next that you are now on the waiting list for a Vacheron Constantin or some other watch .......

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by chris56 View Post
    ^+1 - this was my thought from quite some time ago.
    1. Current list is £19,200
    2. I believe the 15202 is boutique only - there is no UK AP boutique. Nearest one is Paris.
    3. All the boutiques I have enquired at have a waiting list for the watch.
    4. HY Jewellery in Knightsbridge have a brand new one in for £19,950.

All of the above is probably academic in any case as you will probably post next that you are now on the waiting list for a Vacheron Constantin or some other watch .......
    Pretty sure that both AP in Harrods and Selfridges have had SS jumbos pass through them previously when I was making enquiries a few months ago. That may have changed since then but I've also seen gold jumbos in both locations more recently.

There was a PP 5167a on SC recently. Surprised the OP didn't jump at the chance of buying that.

Quote Originally Posted by crooky13 View Post
    Pretty sure that both AP in Harrods and Selfridges have had SS jumbos pass through them previously when I was making enquiries a few months ago. That may have changed since then but I've also seen gold jumbos in both locations more recently.
    Hmm Harrods is where I bought my 15400 and when I asked about a 15202 in SS with blue dial I was told it was boutique only. Selfridges is TheWatchgallery if you look on their website they indicate the watch is discontinued.
    I enquired about the 15202 SS Blue dial just two weeks ago at an AP boutique - told it was boutique only and they had a waiting list for the watch.
    The version with blue dial in gold is readily available and I tried one on at the same boutique - not for me.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffcotton View Post
    My head is spinning with a number of watches you want and a number of waiting lists you allegedly on.

I can't take this thread too seriously now
    Maybe you'll be a bit more friendly to fellow forum members. I am as serious as any other member would be ok. I am a collector and interested in various models as a next purchase. There is nothing wrong with that.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Maybe you'll be a bit more friendly to fellow forum members. I am as serious as any other member would be ok. I am a collector and interested in various models as a next purchase. There is nothing wrong with that.
    But your random posts belie that.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    But your random posts belie that.
    Sure

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Sure
    Your sequence of random posts has lost all credibility. Step up to the plate and buy something......anything, or just leave.
    To add. During your so called deliberations on which to buy, I have bought (and sold) a 5167, 5711 and 5712. Just do it.....if you can.
    Last edited by Skyman; 24th March 2017 at 22:27.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Your sequence of random posts has lost all credibility. Step up to the plate and buy something......anything, or just leave.
    Totally agree, you can't be taken seriously. You want to know about a watch and then another and then are offered some but still the thread goes on and on. What exactly are you after? Unicorn watches don't exist.

Don't want the harsh criticism? Then look at this thread and think about what you are asking.

Very boring.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kash View Post
    Unicorn watches don't exist.
    I expect that Romain Jerome makes one.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    I expect that Romain Jerome makes one.
    Lol - that's true

Craftsman
    Just to calm aggressive members down here. I bought a JLC in the meantime. Had to do it post SIHH.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Hoorah. Pics please.

Craftsman
    Not in my possession just yet. Should be ready for me by the end of May they told me after I paid full deposit. I chose the chrono out of the new blue triple collection

I rang a Patek AD last week to try and get on a waiting list for a 5711 Nautilus.

"We don't take names over the phone Sir" I was told.

"Hmmmmmm...." I thought.

My older brother already has an AP (bought new from a UK AD) so he tried for me.

"We don't take names for 5711's Sir, we simply don't get them so there's no point having a list".

WTF?!?!?!?!?

I'm "on the list" for a ceramic Daytona at several AD's (and been told I'm next in line at one of them) so how on earth do 5711's ever hit the market??

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by spuds View Post
    I rang a Patek AD last week to try and get on a waiting list for a 5711 Nautilus.

"Hmmmmmm...." I thought.

My older brother already has an AP (bought new from a UK AD) so he tried for me.

"We don't take names for 5711's Sir, we simply don't get them so there's no point having a list".

WTF?!?!?!?!?

I'm "on the list" for a ceramic Daytona at several AD's (and been told I'm next in line at one of them) so how on earth do 5711's ever hit the market??
    It is a question of who you know, or to put it more accurately, who the AD knows.

Craftsman
    It's all about allocations. PP Salons and authorised dealers get their allocation numbers at the beginning of the year Jan/Feb and then they check their waiting lists. The lists for the blue and white dial 5711 might be so long that they don't see the point of taking people on anymore. Whatever they then tell people on the phone.

I wasn't even put on the list for my BLNR without going to the dealer in person. In my experience, it is quite important and nice for yourself too, to meet the dealer and build a relationship. You never know - their attitude and lists might change later on. BUT 5711 in SS is just a tricky one at the moment. But this might change in the next 2-3 years who knows. Please don't pay the crazy premium anywhere. There are shops out there in London that want 23-24k for the 5711 white dial SS.

"Hmmmmmm...." I thought.

WTF?!?!?!?!?

Craftsman
    P.S. I am only on 3 waiting lists at 2 different stores. For the 5167 and 5711 (white dial) and 5712.

Apparently it might be my turn in May 2018. That would be 2 years by then I think.

Craftsman
    Talking allocation. In December I went to Wempe and asked for a 15202 in SS - They said they are no longer receiving it from AP. They were taken off the allocation list full stop.

It's all about allocations. PP Salons and authorised dealers get their allocation numbers at the beginning of the year Jan/Feb and then they check their waiting lists. The lists for the blue and white dial 5711 might be so long that they don't see the point of taking people on anymore. Whatever they then tell people on the phone.

I wasn't even put on the list for my BLNR without going to the dealer in person. In my experience, it is quite important and nice for yourself too, to meet the dealer and build a relationship. You never know - their attitude and lists might change later on. BUT 5711 in SS is just a tricky one at the moment. But this might change in the next 2-3 years who knows. Please don't pay the crazy premium anywhere. There are shops out there in London that want 23-24k for the 5711 white dial SS.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I guess when an AD gets their allocation at the start of the year from Patek etc it is simply just the total and no specific time frame regarding which months etc?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kultschar View Post
    I guess when an AD gets their allocation at the start of the year from Patek etc it is simply just the total and no specific time frame regarding which months etc?
    My AD certainly has a rough idea which month a certain watch is to be delivered to them.

Master
    Blog Entries
    My AD certainly has a rough idea which month a certain watch is to be delivered to them.
    I chased up the AD and simply got:

"We are indeed still on schedule for this year but unfortunately I am unable to be more firm with exactly when, I will of course let you know as soon as I can"

It is a question of who you know, or to put it more accurately, who the AD knows.
    Agreed.

?..... Please don't pay the crazy premium anywhere. There are shops out there in London that want 23-24k for the 5711 white dial SS.
    Thanks for your advice George and you're absolutely right.....
    I simply can't get my head round paying 'over list' for any watch and there's plenty more available pieces out there that float my boat for similar money.

Craftsman
    Agreed.

Thanks for your advice George and you're absolutely right.....
    I simply can't get my head round paying 'over list' for any watch and there's plenty more available pieces out there that float my boat for similar money.
    As long as you buy something otherwise the forum members here will get very upset because they are all lobbying for the Swiss/German watch industry of course :-)

Craftsman
    does anyone know for how much the new yellow gold 15202 (https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/au...02-yellow-gold) will go for in the UK?

RRP USD 55,400

Master
    I received a call from my local AD today stating that a 5711 with my name on it is due in the next two weeks.
    It's a little early as the approx delivery date quoted was around the end of the year, but that's not important.

Then came the caveat - that PP insist that the warranty card will be withheld for 12 months after purchase to prevent re-selling on the grey market.

I was half prepared for this as I had read about this before and various other similar shenanigans by Rolex dealers, but this was the first time that the dealer had mentioned this to me.

I'm not really that bothered about this, but curious as to whether any other recent PP purchasers have been similarly treated.
    I don't recall reading about any recently and wondered if it is a PP policy or one randomly applied by individual dealers at their discretion.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Interesting.

Personally it would not bother me however its still ridiculous in the sense they make a sale and its your property!

Im guessing its your local ADs policy

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by klunk View Post
    I received a call from my local AD today stating that a 5711 with my name on it is due in the next two weeks.
    It's a little early as the approx delivery date quoted was around the end of the year, but that's not important.

Then came the caveat - that PP insist that the warranty card will be withheld for 12 months after purchase to prevent re-selling on the grey market.

I was half prepared for this as I had read about this before and various other similar shenanigans by Rolex dealers, but this was the first time that the dealer had mentioned this to me.

I'm not really that bothered about this, but curious as to whether any other recent PP purchasers have been similarly treated.
    I don't recall reading about any recently and wondered if it is a PP policy or one randomly applied by individual dealers at their discretion.
    Why not ask PP directly?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by nunya View Post
    Why not ask PP directly?
    As I stated in my earlier post, it's not something that overly bothers me to the extent that I need to go to PP.

I was just curious as to other people's recent experience. It's quite reasonable to ask such a question on a watch forum isn't it?

Master
    I bought 2 Patek SS Nautilus this year and got everything double sealed with all tags and paperwork. I would not get a watch without paperwork. However I guess if this is 100% a keeper for you, then it doesnt matter too muchl.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiserphoenix View Post
    I bought 2 Patek SS Nautilus this year and got everything double sealed with all tags and paperwork. I would not get a watch without paperwork. However I guess if this is 100% a keeper for you, then it doesnt matter too muchl.
    Thanks for that. It looks like it's just the particular policy of my local dealer.

It's not such a big deal. Even if I decide to take it and it's not a long term keeper, it's only 12 months without the warranty card.

Having said that, I'm now wondering if the 5711 is the one for me now. I was offered a 5712 by the dealer when I first enquired about the 5711 about a year ago but I found the 5712 dial cluttered and I wasn't keen on the lack of symmetry.

However, it's grown on me over the last year and I'm beginning to think now that I prefer the extra complication of the 5712.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by klunk View Post
    Thanks for that. It looks like it's just the particular policy of my local dealer.

It's not such a big deal. Even if I decide to take it and it's not a long term keeper, it's only 12 months without the warranty card.

Having said that, I'm now wondering if the 5711 is the one for me now. I was offered a 5712 by the dealer when I first enquired about the 5711 about a year ago but I found the 5712 dial cluttered and I wasn't keen on the lack of symmetry.

However, it's grown on me over the last year and I'm beginning to think now that I prefer the extra complication of the 5712.
    I have owned a 5711 Blue, 5711 white, and now a 5990.

For me the 5711 is just not that awesome and i mean that as no offence to anyone. It is essentially a 3 hand watch and its one of those watches that makes me feel that "I SHOULD" love this watch because everybody does and the resale is amazing. Personally i prefer the more complicated Nautilus or even the white one i feel is fresh.

Master
    Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=Wallasey Runner;4239907]If you are forced to wait the full four years and there are several price rises in that period, is there not a logic that paying a premium now to jump the queue becomes a sensible proposition and no dearer in the long run, plus an additional four years of enjoyment - Watchfinder have two blue dial 5711s in stock for example.

Totally agree with that logic.

Patek Philippe are now holding onto the paperwork of their highly sort after pieces.
    I know that the 5131 WT with enamel dial is one such piece. And it comes as no surprise that they are doing it with probably their most sort after S/S piece.
    If you are contemplating keeping it then it should never be an issue.

As we know Rolex watches are doing something, but from what I understand, it is more of a dealer requirement than Rolex itself.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Topcat30093 View Post
    Patek Philippe are now holding onto the paperwork of their highly sort after pieces.
    I know that the 5131 WT with enamel dial is one such piece. And it comes as no surprise that they are doing it with probably their most sort after S/S piece.
    If you are contemplating keeping it then it should never be an issue.

As we know Rolex watches are doing something, but from what I understand, it is more of a dealer requirement than Rolex itself.
    If this reduces the waiting times (i.e greys and flippers jump off / dont sign up to the lists) then this move will be welcome - I am patiently waiting for the call still!

Will be interesting if the next 5711 purchaser on here from a AD gets to keep his paperwork.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Topcat30093 View Post
    Patek Philippe are now holding onto the paperwork of their highly sort after pieces.[
    There is no evidence of this. Just as with some Rolex ADs, there is no evidence to suggest that this is anything other than some ADs choosing to insult their customers. I view it as a dishonest and morally questionable business style.
    Last edited by markrlondon; 21st April 2017 at 17:41.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kultschar View Post
    If this reduces the waiting times (i.e greys and flippers jump off / dont sign up to the lists) then this move will be welcome
    It won't. Grey dealers will just press on without the paperwork. Why wouldn't they? If end user buyers who buy from ADs are happy to take the watches without the paperwork (or at least tolerate it) then so will end user buyers who buy from grey dealers.

Ultimately it won't make any difference to the grey market. The grey market exists because there is demand. This will not change until the demand is met or demand reduces. Lack of papers won't reduce demand since, as I note above, it affects both (some) ADs and (some) grey dealers.

Master
    There is no evidence of this. Just as with some Rolex ADs, there is no evidence to suggest that this is anything other than some ADs choosing to insult their customers. I view it as a dishonest and morally questionable business style.
    There is evidence of this. Patek now offers electronic printing on the guarantee and indeed does withhold warranty paperwork and for the 5131, it is an application piece you need to submit an application to be reviewed.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiserphoenix View Post
    There is evidence of this. Patek now offers electronic printing on the guarantee and indeed does withhold warranty paperwork and for the 5131, it is an application piece you need to submit an application to be reviewed.
    None of this is is evidence that withholding documentation is a PP policy.

Electronic printing on the guarantee documentation is not evidence that withholding documentation is a PP policy.

The existence of application pieces is not evidence that withholding documentation is a PP policy.

Just saying that (certain) ADs has been known to withhold documentation is not evidence that withholding documentation is a PP policy.

So I ask again: Where is the evidence that it is Patek Philippe ordering ADs to withhold documentation? None has been provided so far, as far as I have seen.

Remember that what ADs say is not evidence of anything, as we saw with Rolex ADs: They are known to make stuff up.

As with Rolex, only a direct, attributable comment from Patek Philippe or sight of a letter from PP ordering ADs to withhold documentation would constitute actual evidence

Master
    None of this is is evidence that withholding documentation is a PP policy.

Electronic printing on the guarantee documentation is not evidence that withholding documentation is a PP policy.

The existence of application pieces is not evidence that withholding documentation is a PP policy.

Just saying that (certain) ADs has been known to withhold documentation is not evidence that withholding documentation is a PP policy.

So I ask again: Where is the evidence that it is Patek Philippe ordering ADs to withhold documentation? None has been provided so far, as far as I have seem.

Remember that what ADs say is not evidence of anything, as we saw with Rolex ADs: They are known to make stuff up.

As with Rolex, only a direct, attributable comment from Patel Philippe or sight of a letter from PP ordering ADs to withhold documentation would constitute actual evidence
    As you know I have owned several patek pieces. I am on whatsapp basis with the head of the patek boutique in london. Now I cannot vouch that this is a GLOBAL policy. But for London, and only for SOME pieces, the 5131 being one, they have informed me that Patek withholds the paper.