closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Patek Philippe buying help/support/enabling (5167,5164,5711 and 5712)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by crooky13 View Post
    He's just updated his insta with a new photo called the "Discontinued List". I've copied the text out below. No mention of the three Nautilus or the 5131 from the earlier post.

Minute Repeaters and Split Seconds Chronographs:
    5073P-001 / 5073P-010 / 5073R-001
    5078P-001 / 5078P-010 / 5078R-001
    5213G-010
    5216P-001 / 5216R-001
    5307P-001
    5539G-001
    5950R-010

Grand Complications:
    5140P-013
    5270G-018 / 5270G-019
    6104G-001

Complications:
    5170G-010
    5180/1G-010
    5396/1G-010 / 5396/1R-010
    7071G-001 / 7071G-010 / 7071G-011
    7130G-013

Calatrava:
    5120G-001 / 5120J-001
    5298P-012
    6000G-012 / 6000R-001

Aquanaut:
    5069G-001 / 5069G-011 / 5069R-001
    5072G-001

Nautilus:
    5719/1G-001

Gondolo:
    5098R-001
    I highly doubt any of us here will lament the end of the diamond encrusted Nautilus, and it looks like the ladies’ Aquanauts have been a bit of a fail.
    Maybe that’ll open more slots for increased SS Nautilus production to help satiate demand.
    Last edited by PJ S; 3rd February 2017 at 02:26.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    Offer to drop them a meaningful deposit. See how that goes relative to the waiting list. If not, I suggest you look elsewhere in order to get a watch in 2017.

My AD said if I drop £2,000 now I "might" get a 5711 "at the end of 2018"

Can't say I'm that tempted with that offer.....

end of 2018 is a good turn around looking at current waiting lists though.
    It's just a matter of time...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lenlec View Post
    Had a call off my AD this morning. I can have a 5712 this week if I want it.
    Did you bag it.
    Last edited by Fords; 7th February 2017 at 18:13.

Quote Originally Posted by Fords View Post
    Did you bag it.
    No I didn't that's 2 now I've backed out of Scares me to spend £24k on a watch I think

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    end of 2018 is a good turn around looking at current waiting lists though.

Really Scott?

Would prefer one this year but can't see it happening.

I'm sure the boutique waiting times, if you can get on a list as I understand they aren't accepting new names, was estimated at between 3-4 years.

To put that into perspective, I've spoken with a number of Patek AD's that has said they believe the boutique get far greater allocation than they do, so they lose customers to the boutique. Makes some sense, as I guess a direct sale is a more financially beneficial sale for Patek and most people are happy to travel to pick up a more meaningful purchase.

Just to add, I'm sure a few people will drop out of any waiting list, so it's always possible we might be bumped up a place or two during the wait.

If you are forced to wait the full four years and there are several price rises in that period, is there not a logic that paying a premium now to jump the queue becomes a sensible proposition and no dearer in the long run, plus an additional four years of enjoyment - Watchfinder have two blue dial 5711s in stock for example.

I know a lot of people on here will not pay a single penny over RRP in principal - but sometimes it does make good sense. I recall Haywood saying something similar about the advantages for people willing to pay £15k for a Ceramic Daytona.
    Last edited by Wallasey Runner; 7th February 2017 at 21:56.

Master
    I tried this on yesterday...the iphone pic doesn't do this fantastic watch any justice at all

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    If you are forced to wait the full four years and there are several price rises in that period, is there not a logic that paying a premium now to jump the queue becomes a sensible proposition and no dearer in the long run, plus an additional four years of enjoyment - Watchfinder have two blue dial 5711s in stock for example.

I know a lot of people on here will not pay a single penny over RRP in principal - but sometimes it does make good sense. I recall Haywood saying something similar about the advantages for people willing to pay £15k for a Ceramic Daytona.
    For clearer context. HM's comment was in connection with buying watches that lost value against their purchase price, against a Daytona.

Your point of buying now rather than in the future is valid though. They could drop the model between now and then too

Banned
    No I didn't that's 2 now I've backed out of Scares me to spend £24k on a watch I think
    I fully understand that.

Did you bag it.
    Is there not still a premium on the 5712 though?. I know it's a lot of money but they still seem to hold their initial value and have potential to rise.

Craftsman
    I really stated something here. I was offered the 5164a again. declined. still waiting for 5167 and 5711

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeFalconer View Post
    I really stated something here. I was offered the 5164a again. declined. still waiting for 5167 and 5711
    All three are lovely watches. I'll have the 5711, and 5167 soon. I think that's as far into Patek as I'm likely to go.

Master
    It is a lot and I would have wanted 5-10% off pre-Brexit but the resale market is still very strong, WF were selling these for very close to retail on 1 year old and less pieces so there is a safety net there.

Banned
    Is there not still a premium on the 5712 though?. I know it's a lot of money but they still seem to hold their initial value and have potential to rise.
    Yes the cheapest on Chrono24 U.K. Is £27.5k for a 2009 going up to 31.5k.

Very difficult to get hold of at retail at the moment.

Personally I have never heard of some of the sellers on Chrono24.

10 past 10
    Tempo
    Time for diamonds
    Aella

Although
    Watches & jewellery of Bond Street
    Have one for £31.5K 2016
    &
    Michael Matthews in Bournemouth have a 2016 for £31.295.
    Last edited by Fords; 9th February 2017 at 19:17.

Master
    Had an offer for my 5712 from a grey dealer I'd never spoken to before in my life the first day I got it, off the back of sticking up a pic on instagram. A worthwhile chunk over RRP but not enough to tempt me.

Although
    Watches & jewellery of Bond Street
    Have one for £31.5K 2016
    &
    Michael Matthews in Bournemouth have a 2016 for £31.295.
    If they were offering me 50% of the difference to rrp it would be tough to turn down...
    Last edited by cmcm3; 9th February 2017 at 23:05.

Banned
    Obviously we won't mention the price rise after April.

I've had a few offers for mine when buying other watches from AD's.

What price rise? Is there some official news?

Craftsman
    Think the reference to April was in relation to Article 50 being served in March

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by crooky13 View Post
    Think the reference to April was in relation to Article 50 being served in March
    Phew, my 5712 is due in May!

Phew, my 5712 is due in May!
    They'll be £35k by then ;)

Banned
    Blog Entries
    They'll be £35k by then ;)
    Scott, that is not at all funny.😜

I was worried there for a second too. I have a deposit down on a PP due in July.

Banned
    What price rise? Is there some official news?
    Not official, during my last chat at PP new Bond Street I mentioned in joking way about brexit and how it has affected prices already and how it could affect prices again once article 50 is triggered, the sales guy said it could be beneficial to existing owners and that PP will always protect its customers investment.
    🤑🤑🤑

Scott, that is not at all funny.😜
    It might be true though ;)

Banned
    Blog Entries
    It might be true though ;)
    I used to like you.

Craftsman
    Anyone have a Stern on speed dial?!

10 past 10 is a solid seller.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Master
    Blog Entries
    Not official, during my last chat at PP new Bond Street I mentioned in joking way about brexit and how it has affected prices already and how it could affect prices again once article 50 is triggered, the sales guy said it could be beneficial to existing owners and that PP will always protect its customers investment.
    🤑🤑🤑
    That's funny, did you remind him that pp dropped their prices when fx moved, don't remember Rolex doing the same - how did that protect investment?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kash View Post
    That's funny, did you remind him that pp dropped their prices when fx moved, don't remember Rolex doing the same - how did that protect investment?
    Not in the UK though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    Have you experience of this ?

Not in the UK though.
    They dropped prices in March 2015 by 10% in the UK so the recent price increase has really just brought prices back to the level they were at pre the 2015 drop.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ajw232 View Post
    They dropped prices in March 2015 by 10% in the UK so the recent price increase has really just brought prices back to the level they were at pre the 2015 drop.
    True, I took advantage and picked up my 5396 at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    Lots of disparate businesses use variations on that trading name

Erif Ku is obviously a good guy if expensive.

Others I cannot vouch for

I contacted the AD who had a 5712 put by for me in Dec and Jan. But I pulled out and they said they had a few people after it.
    Today they said it's still available if I want it ?
    In the process of moving home but really tempted to buy it and flip straight away to make a few quid.
    All helps to pay the stamp duty I suppose

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ajw232 View Post

The 10% was to bring pricing inline because of currency fluctuations, this was not originally ment for the U.K. Market but Patek reduced them to be in line with rest if the world, so as not to loose business in the U.K.

Craftsman
    I contacted the AD who had a 5712 put by for me in Dec and Jan. But I pulled out and they said they had a few people after it.
    Today they said it's still available if I want it ?
    In the process of moving home but really tempted to buy it and flip straight away to make a few quid.
    All helps to pay the stamp duty I suppose
    @lenlec - if you phone round and find you can't make a quick quid flipping the watch - would be really grateful if you could let me know the name of the dealer!

Master
    Blog Entries
    The 10% was to bring pricing inline because of currency fluctuations, this was not originally ment for the U.K. Market but Patek reduced them to be in line with rest if the world, so as not to loose business in the U.K.
    So exactly as I said then? Also aside from the steels pp don't do well to protect residuals at all. Sure they try to buy their very top end stuff at auctions but in the real world a lot of pp stuff ends up at greys, it's a known fact that pp is easy to source grey and discounted, they are not good at controlling that and in fact I'd wager don't care. All that sales patter from the boutique is just that.

Quite surprised me that 2 weeks after me saying I don't want the 5712 it's still available
    I thought it would of been sold immediately to people waiting

Quite surprised me that 2 weeks after me saying I don't want the 5712 it's still available
    I thought it would of been sold immediately to people waiting
    Some dealers aren't going to have a huge amount of people with £24k+ for a 'different' looking watch such as a 5712. Still, it seems worth buying and either moving on or wearing and trading in the future.

Banned
    [QUOTE=Kash;4244619]So exactly as I said then? Also aside from the steels pp don't do well to protect residuals at all. Sure they try to buy their very top end stuff at auctions but in the real world a lot of pp stuff ends up at greys, it's a known fact that pp is easy to source grey and discounted, they are not good at controlling that and in fact I'd wager don't care. All that sales patter from the boutique is just that.[/QUOTE

I'm only concerned about the steel and again the price point we pay is a major factor.

Question

Just to check (bearing in mind the PP post in SC today....) would the following UK retail prices be current please?;

5167a @ £13,750

5712 @ £24,120

Thanks.

Yes, they look correct.

Yes, they look correct.

Thanks for confirming those prices....

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    Just to check (bearing in mind the PP post in SC today....) would the following UK retail prices be current please?;

5167a @ £13,750

5712 @ £24,120

Thanks.
    given the mark-up on grey Daytona's, I think the prices quoted in SC are not too bad especially when you look at what the dealers (ahem) are charging

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dandanthewatchman View Post
    given the mark-up on grey Daytona's, I think the prices quoted in SC are not too bad especially when you look at what the dealers (ahem) are charging
    Agreed, if they weren't forum prices.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I am not sure whether or not this is indicative of a broader distribution strategy for 2017, but my favoured AD has today been told by PP that he will be receiving only one 5712 this year. Coincidentally it came in today, and happily with my name on it.

Agreed, if they weren't forum prices.
    Agreed.

I am not sure whether or not this is indicative of a broader distribution strategy for 2017, but my favoured AD has today been told by PP that he will be receiving only one 5712 this year. Coincidentally it came in today, and happily with my name on it.
    Excellent, look forward to the pics of the growing PP collection!

I'll just kick back and relax until my next Patek finally comes in, in maybe 12-24 months. I'm in no rush though, and couldn't buy it just yet if it was available.

Here is a shot of the current PP price-list for sports pieces, it may be useful when comparing against dealer prices.