closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Knife recommendation please

Quote Originally Posted by seikopath View Post
    Knives are easily lost. I would just get an opinel.
    Absolutely. Beautiful utilitarian knives with a timeless design.

If spending £100 is a must, you could treat yourself to their collectors box...
    Last edited by Cornholio; 22nd November 2016 at 09:23.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio View Post
    Absolutely. Beautiful utilitarian knives with a timeless design.

If spending £100 is a must, you could treat yourself to their collectors box...

And most of the useful sizes lock so not much use

Whilst the law is the same in France as in this country, you will not get in trouble if you have a locking Opinel, or a Laguiole (non locking, but most useful sizes >3") because they really are seen as normal things to have in one's pocket. This country (thanks to the Foaming-At-The-Mouth press we have, seems completely paranoid and nobody seems to remember that a knife is first and foremost a tool which we use everyday. I am almost never without a SAK, a Urban or a UKPK with me, and in France I always have my Opinel nş9 not far from reach. These pate toasts are not going to spread themselves, don't you know?

Master
    To get back a bit to OP,this is a Northfield #99 with smooth autumn gold bone handle.

I have plenty of these. Have been used for pretty much everything short of hurting people. Simply excellent.

http://brisa.fi/knives/ranger-knife/...te-sheath.html

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.f View Post
    To get back a bit to OP,this is a Northfield #99 with smooth autumn gold bone handle.
    Did you sell this John?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dejjl View Post
    Did you sell this John?
    No,just arrived with me.

I'm in love, that is utterly stunning.
    Do you have any idea how that colour is obtained on the scales?
    I have this one below, and would love to get that colour on the scales of mine.

Cheers, Bob.

Last edited by bobbee; 21st June 2019 at 20:15.

OP beware knives are the same watches, once you have one you always want more.......

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbee View Post
    I'm in love, that is utterly stunning.
    Do you have any idea how that colour is obtained on the scales?
    I have this one below, and would love to get that colour on the scales of mine.

Cheers, Bob.

Yes,it is lovely.
    No idea how get that colour,some of the guys on here might know or could ask on a knife forum.
    John

Yes,it is lovely.
    No idea how get that colour,some of the guys on here might know or could ask on a knife forum.
    John

Thanks John, I might try slowly heating up in gravy granules.
    If nothing else, I might be left with a tasty broth...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    Whilst the law is the same in France as in this country, you will not get in trouble if you have a locking Opinel, or a Laguiole (non locking, but most useful sizes >3") because they really are seen as normal things to have in one's pocket. This country (thanks to the Foaming-At-The-Mouth press we have, seems completely paranoid and nobody seems to remember that a knife is first and foremost a tool which we use everyday. I am almost never without a SAK, a Urban or a UKPK with me, and in France I always have my Opinel nş9 not far from reach. These pate toasts are not going to spread themselves, don't you know?
    The locking Opinel is still a grey area in France. There have been some cases of them being confiscated and charges made against the owners, resulting in considerable public protests. In most cases the police won't bother. Laguiole pocket knives are officially 'not weapons but traditional cutlery tools' and thus enjoy a kind of special status.

A few years ago I visited a major museum in Paris, and being a hillbilly living in the Auvergne I had forgotten about my 'arsenal'. They had an airport-type magnetic control gate, and when I put my ironware in the tray - Laguiole, leatherman, mini leatherman - a security officer kindly led me to the vestiaire where they took my knives under guard, gave me a number tab as for a coat, and returned my blades to me when I left a few hours later. They didn't panic about it.