closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Paranormal activity ?

Craftsman

Any Paranormal activity ?

When I was ten years old I had a swivel chair in my room, at the same time my grandparents house was being renovated and a lot of my Grans clothes were stored in drawers in my bedroom.
    whilst this was ongoing she sadly died. Soon after the clothes went to oxfam , so the same day I returned the swivel chair back to its usual place where the drawers had stood.
    the following morning my dad came to wake wake me for school only to find the chair spinning all by its self and he actually stopped it him self to confirm he wasn't seeing things .
    it was December so wasn't caused by a draft from a open window.

Have any of you had a ghostly experience.

A rather unusual friend of mine mentioned that abnormal things kept happening to him. Including outer body experiences etc. One day he came to my place and I offered him a glass of water, which I put on the coffee table in from of him while we watched TV. He took a sip and put it back on the table while we continued to watch TV. A minute or two later, the glass literally exploded on its own. It happened right in front of me and the glass was never out of my direct sight. I have no explanation for it whatsoever.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Master
    Fortunately not as I would be a bit freaked out by that.
    There is however a poltergeist who regularly moves the remote control for the tv and hides iPhone charging cables all around the house.

Once a year a ghostly apparition of a women"s Parka appears but soon vanishes, but rest assured she will return…….

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I keep seeing Ghosts of members past in watch talk.

I found a mysterious pair of men's boxer shorts under the bed one day - mysterious in that I never wear the things, I'm strictly Y fronts. When I asked my wife about them she went pale and looked rather ill. She told me that it was probably the work of a ghost or to be more precise a poltergeist that may have relocated them from a neighbouring house.

I am usually pretty sceptical about such things but lacking any other plausible explamnation I have to admit that this gave me pause for thought.

I have also had problems with bedside lamps but as this happened only recently and I am still in a state of shock I would rather not talk about it.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I didnt believe in the power of clairvoyants until i watched this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oo5f9kcKIpo

A (possibly) amusing story. I've always been interested in the paranormal since being raised in a haunted house and have come to understand that we really shouldn't be afraid of these things.

Anyway last weekend I booked to stay in the Ancient Ram Inn in Wooton on Edge, it's supposedly the most haunted place in the UK. I chose to stay in the 'Bishop's Room' as that is supposedly the most haunted room.

I was staying there on my own and the rest of the building was given over to a Paranormal Society from Bristol - basically 4 investigators and a medium.

I wasn't interested in investigating - I just wanted to sleep in the most haunted room of the most haunted building in the UK out of curiosity (btw you have to do special commissions it's not a working Inn any more).

Anyway I got to the place, really odd 1100 year old building with clutter everywhere and stuffed animals all over the place. Went to the Bishop's Room and settled in.

I could get decent mobile reception so I tethered it to my laptop and watched the Ireland - All Blacks match. Ireland were winning so I was cheering and in the hallway and beyond all you could hear was this Paranormal group saying 'Give me a sign' and 'Can you touch one of us?' etc. They must have been mighty pissed off that the atmosphere they were trying to create was ruined by some fat git (me) whooping at the rugby.

Anyway the rugby finished and suddenly the previously cosy room felt very heavy and thick, hard to describe but it gave me a headache. It didn't get cold but you could feel something had changed. That doesn't mean it is a ghost - sometimes old places get high EMF radiation due to crappy wiring but all of a sudden my laptop and both mobile phones simultaneously drained of power. Just like that, gone.

I was getting a bit creeped out and had nothing to do as the power was gone from devices so I joined the paranormal group to see what was going on. They were in the basement area where a load of child skeletons had been found and the chap who was a medium was apparently communicating with a young disabled girl spirit. They all had an array of devices and voice recorders. What was funny is they were talking in West Country accents 'use moy ennerrgy to carmunicayte' etc and I have a very strong Queens English accent and may as well have been saying things along the lines of 'helloooo! I say old chap, would be splendid if you could make yourself known'. The looks I got were priceless. They wanted to investigate the room is was staying in as apparently I wasn't supposed to be sleeping there - my booking was essentially for an all night investigation (and I think they thought I was a bit of a nutter) so they got a bit miffed when I gave them 30 mins and then cleared them out. They didn't find anything in my room although the Medium was getting excited about the chest of drawers and it being attached to some old lady. Whatever.

Anyway it got boring fast so I went back to bed in the Bishop's Room, no further incidents and was up bright and breezy the next day. The paranormal group were still investigating

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Master
    I can periodically feel someone sitting on my bed.
    As I do airport transfers my sleep cycles are all over the place and I have on a number of occasions been woken up thinking my wife has sat on the edge of the bed only to find she's in work.
    She has told me that she has felt the same thing when I have been out at work.

Quote Originally Posted by arthurDALEY View Post
    Once a year a ghostly apparition of a women"s Parka appears but soon vanishes, but rest assured she will return…….
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Velorum View Post
    I found a mysterious pair of men's boxer shorts under the bed one day...
    Clown size, were they?

I do not believe in paranormal, but I'm also sure there are a lot of things we can't understand/explain/understand yet. One day these things will appear quite normal.

I took these photos of silverware a few years back and the reflection was rather disturbing!

Quote Originally Posted by alexaff View Post
    I took these photos of silverware a few years back and the reflection was rather disturbing!

Wow that's awesome! Creepy but awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Wow that's awesome! Creepy but awesome!

Weird ain't it! Thankfully I don't live there anymore 😉

I sometimes hear voices in my head.

When I was in my early twenties and still at home, I'd come back from the pub and my mum would be watching Most Haunted. I had an unhealthy fear of it which couldn't be explained by the production values and hammy acting.

I don't do fear well so I threw myself in to a number of different paranormal groups and "investigations" that I set up myself. I've been to a lot of "haunted" places and met a lot of people that claimed to be skeptics (and then in the next breath claim to have a spirit guide with them). I've met Derek Acorah and had a fairly in depth reading from him and a number of other mediums over the years.

The subject fascinates me. I love the psychology and the ACTUAL science of real life explanations (not the BS stuff of which there is plenty). I've put myself in situations in places where you can't help be scared.

I've only ever had 2 things happen that can't be explained away too readily (one was stones thrown in a tunnel at Fort Horsted, Kent. There was no one except myself and one other chap and they came UP not down whilst we were on some stairs, a number of times).

I am open minded but it would be very difficult to convince its not all nonsense.

I once blagged myself onto Eagle Radio in Guildford and did the Halloween investigation live on air of their studios. Still makes me laugh thinking about it now!

Haven't done anything in 4 years because of kids but looking forward to going back to it one day. You get to see some fabulous buildings, meet some fascinating people and scare the crap out of yourself for less than the price of a cinema trip.

P.S Pareidolia explains the pic above and hypnopompia and hypnogogia can explain the feeling of someone on your bed as said above..

P.P.S Derek Acorah is a lovely man, most garish Rolex I've ever seen and dreadfully off the mark on everything he said to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Normunds View Post
    I sometimes hear voices in my head.
    The worst time for me is when they suddenly stop.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ S View Post
    Clown size, were they?
    Thanks

Thats another sleepless night then

Quote Originally Posted by o u t a t i m e View Post
    A rather unusual friend of mine mentioned that abnormal things kept happening to him. Including outer body experiences etc. One day he came to my place and I offered him a glass of water, which I put on the coffee table in from of him while we watched TV. He took a sip and put it back on the table while we continued to watch TV. A minute or two later, the glass literally exploded on its own. It happened right in front of me and the glass was never out of my direct sight. I have no explanation for it whatsoever.
    Thermal shock. l worked in a bottling plant for years - its surprisingly common and doesn't need the extremes some people think it does .
    Last edited by Umbongo; 10th November 2016 at 22:06.

My contribution.

As a young teenager I used to visit my grand-dad regularly, he was in a warden-controlled flat on his own and I'd take him some meals from home, go shopping for him and stay a while there. I'd often combine my visits with walking Gyp, the family dog, and he'd run up the interior hall to the front door of the flat & wait in eager anticipation of the door being opened and him being feed a dog treat by the old fellow.

The time came that grand-dad passed away and a few days after the funeral I went to collect a few items that'd been left after the flat was cleared. I took the dog and as usual he ran towards the front door. But this time he stopped abruptly a few feet away from it and sat down. Now Gyp was a well-trained collie and a very obedient one, but when I sent him 'back on' he wouldn't move at all, highly unusual. I clipped the lead on him and got to the front door but he became frantic to get away, literally scrabbling his paws on the tiled floor and whining. I opened the door but the dog's whining increased and I could not get him to enter. By now I'm getting freaked out so took the dog outside, tied his lead to the fence and went back to the flat - and yes, my heart was thumping! Went inside, picked up the suitcase and left: nothing felt different or strange in there to me but when I got back to Gyp he was visibly shaking.

I'm skeptical about ghosts, but that incident certainly made me think that there just may be something more to these things.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

No, nothing....

Cheers,
    Adam.

Craftsman
    Years ago when I was a student I used to work in a building that was OLD the cellar dated back to the 11th century. The building had been used as a refuge for law breakers in the Middle Ages, various priests and nuns were taken from there during the reformation and killed.
    There was a presence in one room in particular, it just felt close in there, always colder than the rest of the building. Only things would move in that room, leave at night and the hoover would be in a cupboard, in the morning it would be in the middle of the floor. This would happen frequently, on a few occasions I made a point of checking where it was at night, only to find it moved in the morning.
    There was a red and a yellow vase on the mantle, they would move in the night.

I have no explanation for so many events in this one room, nothing was malevolent, just very very strange.

Blog Entries
    A few things but nothing that I could say is explicitly abnormal.

One odd but probably not paranormal experience was when I was at Victoria station one day. It was fairly crowded but nothing out of the ordinary. A man pushed past me in a great hurry: He was dressed in the style from what I think was the very early 1900s (a light brown suit and hat of the period) and he was carrying a carpet bag that fitted the period. He dashed off into the crowd and disappeared.

I have no reason to think that he was anything other than a modern living human who happened to be dressed in a hundred year old style. Maybe he liked the style or maybe he was an actor on his way to a job. But who knows. Perhaps someone never stopped being late even after they stopped living. ;-)
    Last edited by markrlondon; 11th November 2016 at 00:52.

Any one frequently see mirror/symmetric numbers ie 12:21, 21:12, 05:50, 15:51, 10:10, 14:41 etc?
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VDG View Post
    Any one frequently see mirror/symmetric numbers ie 12:21, 21:12, 05:50, 15:51, 10:10, 14:41 etc?
    Yes, but only when they come after 12:20 and before 12:22, if you see what I mean. :-)

It seems to me that there are certain patterns of numbers that are more noticeable than others so we do notice them disproportionately. And because such numbers are patterns that humans like, I think humans are also more likely to pick them or use them where they have a choice.

Yes. Mother believed strongly.

First year at uni in halls of residence. I woke up during the night and saw the silhouette of an airman in the room. I recognised the silhouette (particularly the head dress shape) as my parents kept a picture of my uncle in his RAF uniform in the lounge (he was killed during the war).

It wasn't scary and I thought no more about it.

Only some weeks later when a group of us were chatting did I discover the halls of residence were next to an old RAF station in WW2, were used as RAF barracks, and there had been loads of previous incidents like mine. There was one room the authorities could not let out, too much history of paranormal experience.

In the second year there I had a more scary experience, like being run through from top to bottom with a chainsaw. Shook me for quite a while.

Yes, I believe there's something in it.

It was only after I moved out of my family home afte 33 years to live on my own (which I'd been in since 3 years old and was built in the 1940s) that I then realised I didn't hear any certain noises anymore which I'd though perfectly normal and had gotten used to... they were like extended family.... we kept to ourselves they kept to themselves

I've never experienced anything, but my sister's son has. She lived in a huge old victorian house in Darlington that had an maids room in the attic space. Her son, aged about 14, saw a figure of a woman walking across the landing upstairs and vanish. My sister didn't believe him and was very sceptical about ghosts.
    She and her husband knew their dog loved chocolates so they placed one on each step going up the stairs and sure enough the dog ate them until the small flight up to the attic room. At the bottom of that flight the dog hesitated and wouldn't go up the stairs, instead just sat there barking and growling as if there was a stranger/presence there.

Another story, this time at the Royal Albert Hall when they hosted a dealer exhibition of Sony equipment. My electrician, Mark, who did my installs when I was a hifi dealer, was contracted by Sony to install extra mains sockets for the mass of kit Sony needed. This entailed going in the basement below the floor area to wire up. At the end of the exhibition he had to work late to un-install them and whilst in the basement he turned round to see a chap in brown overalls watching him. Mark said to him.. 'Alright mate', to acknowledge his presence, but never got a reply. He turned round again but the figure had gone.
    After Mark had finished and was about to leave he said to the security staff that there was a bloke in the basement still. They smiled and told him it was OK, it was a ghost he had seen.

Not paranormal, but a weird experience, in my mid twenties I woke up in bed, wide awake and absolutely conscious, I sat up and sat on the edge of the bed, as you do, I then looked back at the bed and saw myself still lying there asleep next to my wife, this obviously started freaking me out a bit and I felt myself panicking, to the point of hitting my arm on the wall to wake myself up, the thing was I couldn't feel my arm on the wall, next thing I know I wake up again for real... It really freaked me out, Im not sure what you would call it, out of body experience ? Lucid dream? I was as awake in the 'experience' as I am now. Never happened since. I have always thought what would have happened if I hadn't panicked and gone with it.

Quote Originally Posted by catch21 View Post
    In the second year there I had a more scary experience, like being run through from top to bottom with a chainsaw. .
    I had a kebab like that once, too...

Nothing for me, but I'm sure there's plenty we don't understand yet.

M

Not a believer in any of it really.

Years ago, was on a weekend away on a joint scout/ranger guide hiking weekend, a few of us had left scouts but were invited on this weekend shortly after, so i assume we were 16. We stayed in a youth hostel that was next to an old church with a graveyard. Us older/ex scouts had had a few beers and were larking about in/near the graveyard with some of the older girls. I didn't see it (i was too busy trying it on with a rather lovely ranger) , but about 8 of our group swore they saw a human shaped blue glow float up the road. They were all very convinced and shook up. I blame the numerous bottles of 'Thunderbirds' that were consumed that evening.

At uni once, i was laying on my bed in my room, having a nap, I suddenly woke and found i was unable to move, i opened my eyes only to find a haggered old woman bending over me, climbing on top of me and pushing down on my chest, pushing me into the bed. Pooping myself somewhat, i tried to scream for help, but no noise came out. Then all of a sudden she was gone and i could move again. I was a bit put out by that, could never explain it. i know i was awake cos i could hear my housemates talking in the hall outside my room.

About 10 years later, the same thing happened again, woke in the middle of the night, unable to move, an angry looking old man in a suit was pushing down on my chest, tried to shout to the wife, but no noise came out, then he was gone.

I googled it not long after that and it turns out it is a perfectly explainable phenomena called 'sleep paralysis'. When you are in REM sleep, your muscles are paralysed, it's what stops you moving/walking about when dreaming, which doesn't quite work properly in sleep walkers. Well apparently, it's possible to wake up while still under it's affect. As your brain has no explanation as to why you can't move, it fills in the blanks and you end up hallucinating that someone is holding you down or crushing your chest.

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/sleep-p...roduction.aspx

Nice to know there's an explanation, but still proper scary when it happens

Brighty

Master
    One weird and one odd

Weird was when I was about 11, me and my mum were going out. She had a habit of locking the bedroom door before leaving the house on a then new build house in 1976. The bedroom lead into a hallway as it was a bungalow. As she was closing the door, the key fell out on to a parquet wood floor of the hallway. We heard it hit the floor, but never saw the key again. It was a hallway with no nooks or cranny's to get lost. We checked if it had bounced into the carpeted bedroom on the other side of the door, we searched high an low including in the cupboards, we looked everywhere but it was gone. We also tried to find it when we moved out a couple of years later.

Second one I got obsessed with astral projection (out of body experiences) when I was in my late teens, and read books on how to achieve it. I made several attempts at this and nothing happened. I persevered and one night lying in bed running through the techniques in my mind that I had read about, it happened and saw myself leave my physical body. I could see my body lying on my bed and entered an unknown spiritual plane that is no place for a living being to be, it was very creepy and frightening and saw weird faces and voices in a dark and cold atmosphere. I got scared and quickly re-entered my physical body. In reality, this most likely never actually happened in terms of my spirit leaving my body, but was a form of self hypnosis where I entered a trance like state and the things I saw, including my body, was a lucid dream, induced by my self hypnosis. It scared the living crap out of me. I did not sleep a wink all night, and I left the subject matter alone forever.

Friend of mine was sleeping with his other half, their bedroom door wide open as per normal... - 3am the door slammed so hard it woke them both up with a shock. Absolutely no windows open anywhere in the flat.

Shortly after, she dropped a 10 pence piece on the floor, and it spun very quickly... and spun and spun, for over a minute... - they regularly felt a presence in that flat, rooms going cold, and were very thankful when they sold it and moved on.

My Aunt & Uncle used to own a Spa shop, - they lived in a flat above it... - one morning they came down and there was a pyramid made from cases of beer, - all stacked on top of each other in a perfect triangle, nearly 6ft tall, smack bang in the middle of the cellar store room floor. Absolutely no way to get in (without setting off alarms or breaking windows (which had grills on them) or doors.

When I was a young man I lived in the family home which was in the middle of nowhere - a mile from the nearest tarmac road. I used to walk across the fields into the nearest village to visit the pubs. One of the paths went straight across an unkempt, wild old avenue that led to a minor, spooky, dilapidated stately home. Rumour was this avenue was haunted by a ghostly coach and horses or some such nonsense.

Anyway I was walking home from the pub one night, it was pitch black and misty and as I got to the middle of the avenue (the raised bit) I glanced to my right. Imagine my my shock when I saw a large, white, roughly oblong but indistinct, shape hovering five foot or so off the ground. The effects of any alcohol I had consumed quickly subsided. I stood goggling for a few seconds and then the shape moved.
    Time for reinforcements I thought, so hastening on home, I told my Dad about the SHAPE. As we were talking, my brother arrived home breathless. He was a few minutes behind me and he too had seen the same thing.

A council of war was held and, arming ourselves with various sticks, cutlasses (I kid you not), an epee and an air pistol, all three of us marched, clinking, back over the fields to the avenue. Think 'Wind In The Willows' when Ratty, Mole, Badger and Toad go to reclaim Toad Hall.
    Sure enough, when we got to the path, THE SHAPE was still there. Hovering above the ground and mistily white. So, line abreast, we advanced towards IT.

After a dozen or so steps we were getting nearer. As we neared SUDDENLY the SHAPE, which was sort of wide and deep, reared up above us to about 8 foot tall and narrow. There was a little faltering in the ranks at this stage. We abruptly stopped and feet where raised mid-step. I think there was some swearing in the ranks also. Somebody nearly pulled the trigger on the air pistol (was it me?).
    Someone switched on a torch. And there, blinking in the meagre light (these were the days before LED) stood a massive, white, handsome, gentle carthorse. He huffed slightly in greeting and returned to eating grass.

Turns out he had been pulling a barge along the nearby canal and had been put out for the night to graze. Of course the SHAPE we had seen was his side-on view which appeared to be hovering as the mist hid his legs. When we got near he had turned towards us and bought his head up.
    Just shows how easily things can be mis-interpreted when imagination takes over.
    Coming soon: The story of the Witches midnight gathering in that same Avenue.
    Last edited by Alpha4; 11th November 2016 at 11:52.

Apprentice
    My 4 year old often jumps up from the dinner table to go and tell someone out in our empty hall to go away.
    Not sure if it is a tactic to get out of eating his dinner.
    When he was 2 he told us he could see sleeping people outside the window once.
    That is horror movie material right there.

Around 1995 my mum was in hospital and I was having a wander around. I looked up on a bright sunny day and saw a couple of bright lights dancing around in the sky leaving a short lived small tail in their wake.

The moved loosely together quite quickly.

They looked kind of like the tiny lights you sometimes see in your eyes when you stare out a plane window (unsure if others see theses) but much bigger and only two.

I asked someone else passing if they could see them too and we watched them for about five minutes before we got bored. It was the days before camera phones, so had no way to document it. However, there were lots of witnesses.

No idea what they were.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries

Couple of maybe's.
    I took ^ that photo on an iPhone. At the time of taking there was nobody else on the street.
    Particularly not a semi transparent ginger kid over the blondes shoulder.

A friend and i were exploring Blackburn royal infirmary before its demolition. As we were climbing through a window we both said hi to a guy who was walking past us into a large ward. Assumed he was there doing what we were!
    As we got through the floor was covered in glass and debris and we were making an almighty racket.
    Walked into the ward where the guy should have been. Nobody. And as we said at the time. We saw him but didn't hear him. He absolutely walked into a ward with no exits and disappeared, in silence.
    Looking the place up later, there have apparently been a few sightings.

Perhaps its their lifeforce?

Last time I experienced this it really put the willies up me

Mum lives in a council flat in Chelsea on the 15th floor.
    Once you go in the front door there's a long passage that passes the bedroom doors and then you enter the large lounge.
    For a three year period in the nineties when she was sitting on the lounge she regularly saw a small old lady walk up the passage and gradually disappear as she reached the lounge door.
    Mum wasn't at all scared and tried a few time to speak to the old lady, but she would disappear/fade away as soon as mum spoke.
    One day her neighbour was sitting on the sofa while mum was making her a cup of tea and when mum entered the room her neighbour asked if mum had a friend staying as she'd seen an old lady in the hallway, also happened with one of mums friends who saw the same thing. Mum never told anyone but me as she didn't want anyone to think she was getting too old and seeing things.
    The old lady sightings stopped in the nineties and mum nor anyone else has seen anything strange since, i never saw it and lived at home with mum and dad in the flat from 1976 until 1986.
    We moved into the flats in 1976 when they were brand new and the estate had just been built so no one had lived there previously.
    We're on the 15th floor and the previous houses on that spot by the river had only been three floors high.

In 1984 i still lived at home and came out of the front door of mum and dads flat at around 1pm early afternoon, with my girlfriend and we waited for the lift. As the lift door opened we both went to step in and a man walked out of the lift causing both us to step back to let the man out, he swept past us both and then disappeared.

The landing is quite small with three doors to three flats and a fire escape door, but the man had just disappeared. We both then got in the lift and said to each other "what have we just seen ?"
    Strangely both of us hadn't noticed any detail in his face, just a person with a overcoat sweep past us and disappear.
    I've never seen anything before or since.

Quote Originally Posted by Loupe View Post
    There is however a poltergeist who regularly moves the remote control for the tv and hides iPhone charging cables all around the house.
    I had the same thing so got an exorcist in to get rid of the problem, however I couldn't keep up the payments and my house ended up being repossessed.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by steptoe View Post
    a man walked out of the lift causing both us to step back to let the man out, he swept past us both and then disappeared.

The landing is quite small with three doors to three flats and a fire escape door, but the man had just disappeared. We both then got in the lift and said to each other "what have we just seen ?"
    Strangely both of us hadn't noticed any detail in his face, just a person with a overcoat sweep past us and disappear.
    I've never seen anything before or since.
    My hypothesis, for what it's worth, is that sightings like this are of something quite different to what they seem. The subconscious mind is actually trying to fit or map every day objects onto what it has seen but cannot process or comprehend. This begs the question of what was actually there but I have no theories about that, only that it was incomprehensible to minds not accustomed to it.

Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    My hypothesis, for what it's worth, is that sightings like this are of something quite different to what they seem. The subconscious mind is actually trying to fit or map every day objects onto what it has seen but cannot process or comprehend. This begs the question of what was actually there but I have no theories about that, only that it was incomprehensible to minds not accustomed to it.
    But two people seeing the same thing in a situation that they've been through hundreds/thousands of times before and since. And a situation i still go through and have done for 40 years since 1976 but only have that one strange experience.

Glad there were two of us as i'd possibly think i'd have imagined it if i was by myself.

Blog Entries
    But two people seeing the same thing in a situation that they've been through hundreds/thousands of times before and since. And a situation i still go through and have done for 40 years since 1976 but only have that one strange experience.
    (a) It's not the physical situation that is odd of course but the specific sighting/experience. You both saw something that was so out of the ordinary (in a location that you were otherwise very familiar with) such that there was no metaphor for your minds to make sense of it, so the parts of your minds that are responsible for maintaining a consistent world view filled in the blanks with 'standard', more familiar, imagery. (Well, that's my hypothesis, anyway).

(b) It is not surprising that you both perceived the same thing. You are both humans and would have had broadly similar cultural stereotypical imagery on which to draw. Additionally, where the mind is unsure of what to make of something, it will very quickly pick up on consensus imagery from anyone who shared the same experience. This itself is done subtly and often before anyone is consciously aware of it (which is not to say it's not verbal, but the subconscious mind seems capable or revising remembered perceived imagery to match what other people say they saw without the conscious mind knowing this has happened).

Glad there were two of us as i'd possibly think i'd have imagined it if i was by myself.
    Indeed. To be clear, I am not saying you didn't see anything. I am sure you both did see something. As to what it was, however, who knows. I can only say that the lack of detailed imagery is consistent with the hypothesis of the mind filling in the blanks with more familiar imagery when it cannot make sense of what it just saw or experienced.

Quote Originally Posted by Caruso View Post
    I had the same thing so got an exorcist in to get rid of the problem, however I couldn't keep up the payments and my house ended up being repossessed.
    Very good

Banned
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Umbongo View Post
    Thermal shock. l worked in a bottling plant for years - its surprisingly common and doesn't need the extremes some people think it does .
    We considered that as an option, as well as the sound coming from the TV. But the water was room temperature and was sitting in the glass for quite a while before the thing blew up. Could it be a particular sound wave perhaps? We tried to recreate the conditions, but of course, couldn't get another glass to explode! :)

I see daft people.

About 20 years ago I was walking through WH Smith when I saw someone I knew from the pub. We made eye contact, then somebody walked in front of him and he was gone. I didn't really give it a second thought until I got home and a friend called. I told him what had happened and he went silent - the person i'd seen had died two days earlier. This was later confirmed when I read the local paper. I wasn't especially friendly with this person so I've no idea why I saw him, but I know it was him.

Another thing happened when I was walking home from the pub one night. The road goes downhill with Georgian houses on one side and a church and graveyard on the other.
    About halfway down there's a flint house that I later discovered was a former school. As I approached the house a choir boy came out of the porch of the house, crossed the road and walked straight through some locked (with a chain and padlock) gates into the graveyard and disappeared.
    At the end of the road is a large Georgian house with a first floor kitchen. A man was at the window washing dishes and he saw the same thing. We looked at each other and shrugged and I went home. The boy didn't look at either of us so perhaps it was some kind of imprint and he was heading to midnight mass.

The weirdest thing of all happened a few years earlier. I lived in a Victorian cottage where you walked straight from the pavement into the living room. Every Friday a friend would call on the way to the pub. I'd hear his footsteps and he knock once on the glass bullseye in the door. One Friday this happened as usual, I opened the door and there was nobody there. I looked up and down the street and it was empty. About ten minutes later it happened again and it was my friend. He swore he'd only just come out and that it wasn't him.
    The next week I stood next to the door hoping to catch him out. I heard the footsteps and the knock on the bullseye, but only this time I could see there was nobody there - I instantly opened the door and could see my friend walking from the top of the hill - which was at least five minutes away. He told me I was imagining things and I eventually forgot about it. This was until a few weeks later when we came back from the pub and were waiting up for a Frank Bruno fight on Sky. About 2am a lightbulb suddenly flew out of its fitting bounced from a table and landed in front of us. It had travelled at least 15 feet but didn't shatter, and despite being on for several hours was stone cold. I put it back in the socket and it still worked.
    I'm sure there's some kind of explanation for this, but at the time it was very real and very frightening.
    Last edited by bonzo697; 8th October 2017 at 13:55.