closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Couple of Vintage Seamasters

Master

Couple of Vintage Seamasters

Brought back to life by Brendan Hoey

Gold one is a 501 from about 1958 I think. This was heavily damaged by the current owner a friend of mine , dropped a few times , crown broken off , glass smashed, gouges up the side ...looked like someone had used a chisel to open it for some repair work. I actually thought it was a goner but Brendan has done a brilliant job on it.

Steel is a 711 which is from early 70s according to the B&P. Super thin this watch. This one was non running when I bought it...well it ran but not well. Unfortunately I sent this to Chealwatch originally for a full refurb and they butchered it , returning it 3 months later with claims of being unable to regulate it and no charge.

I will not divulge the list of damage that Brendan found in the watch , he actually said it was in worse shape than the 501. This one is going to be my dress watch and will alternate with my Seamaster f300 chronometer which has become my daily wearer ( although the f300 is now off to pay Keith T a visit as the crown decided to shear off!)

That's an incredible job he has done and shows what you get when you go to a watch repair man who knows what he is doing.

They look superb!

I keep looking at vintage Omega dress watches but haven't taken the plunge yet

Amazing job.
    Congrats to you and Brendan.
    Enjoy.

They look superb

Brendan has just completed a refurb on a manual wind linen dial 285 Seamaster for me - I'll post some pictures when it arrives

Ian
    Last edited by Velorum; 30th October 2016 at 22:24.

Banned
    They are superb,I like the de ville best.

Master
    Lovely to see.

They have both come out very well indeed. It looks like you were lucky that the dials on both were still in pristine condition - or did they need work?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    if memory serves me correctly, you purchased the f300 over at AVforums a couple of years back, If its the same one, I was after that as well.

as for Brendan's work, it is nothing short of miraculous sometimes, he sorted my dead mother-in-laws watch for my missus, sentimental cost was enormous, but I never had a second thought about sending it to Brendan.

lovely set there Mr D.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton-Browne View Post
    They have both come out very well indeed. It looks like you were lucky that the dials on both were still in pristine condition - or did they need work?
    Yup the dials and hands on both are in very good condition given their age. Its the main reason I spent the money getting them up to snuff.

The 501 was with Brendan a few years ago for its first refurb and he did a brilliant job. Unfortunately it then led quite a harsh life. The owner has promised to take better care this time.

The thinness of the 711 is quite something. Its little thicker than an after eight mint.

Master
    I think you may be correct on the F300. Although I might have bought it off Paul . Can't remember🤔

Yep Brendan is great. I particularly appreciate how he keeps you informed as to the nature of the work required complete with photographs.

He'll also generally find the most cost effective route to any replacement parts required.

Quote Originally Posted by soundood View Post
    if memory serves me correctly, you purchased the f300 over at AVforums a couple of years back, If its the same one, I was after that as well.

as for Brendan's work, it is nothing short of miraculous sometimes, he sorted my dead mother-in-laws watch for my missus, sentimental cost was enormous, but I never had a second thought about sending it to Brendan.

lovely set there Mr D.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.D View Post
    Yup the dials and hands on both are in very good condition given their age. Its the main reason I spent the money getting them up to snuff.
    Thanks - most things can be restored satisfactorily but dials, seldom so. I try to remember this when I'm taking watches on as a project but it's amazing how easily I forget.

Master
    The de ville looks lovely. Do you have a before pic to compare it to?
    Well done to Brendan and you on a fine job, the deville is in the detail as they say ;)