closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Wrong bracelet

Wrong bracelet

So I got my 2013 8500 planet ocean back from the AD today, didn't try it on in the shop as i had my PAM on, but was quite impressed It came with the bag of changed out parts.

Tried it on tonight and it was really tight. First of all I thought a link had been removed but on closer inspection I noticed the bracelet had pins and not screws, checked my spare link and sure enough mine had screws

Looks like I've got a different bracelet than I sent them

Not impressed

Master
    Not good Mate... Hope they'll get your bracelet back...😐

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewitt13 View Post
    So I got my 2013 8500 planet ocean back from the AD today, didn't try it on in the shop as i had my PAM on, but was quite impressed It came with the bag of changed out parts.

Tried it on tonight and it was really tight. First of all I thought a link had been removed but on closer inspection I noticed the bracelet had pins and not screws, checked my spare link and sure enough mine had screws

Looks like I've got a different bracelet than I sent them

Not impressed
    They actually stole your bracelet? Disgusting. Ask them to return your property.

Have you chacked the watch for serial no? Are you sure they didn't swap the whole watch?

Quote Originally Posted by GrandS View Post
    They actually stole your bracelet? Disgusting. Ask them to return your property.
    Probably not 'stole', that for now is a ridiculous over-reaction. People make mistakes and hopefully this one will be corrected very quickly by the AD / service centre concerned.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rsykes2000 View Post
    Probably not 'stole', that for now is a ridiculous over-reaction. People make mistakes and hopefully this one will be corrected very quickly by the AD / service centre concerned.
    How is that ridiculous?

Steal: "take (another person's property) without permission or legal right and without intending to return it."

It may have been stolen "by mistake", not likely if you ask me. Taking another person's property without their permission is stealing. Now that they have been found out they will most likely correct their "mistake", but lets call a spade a spade.

It could just be an error

If so then I dont think that it would meet the criteria for the criminal offence of theft

Master
    How is that ridiculous?

Steal: "take (another person's property) without permission or legal right and without intending to return it."

It may have been stolen "by mistake", not likely if you ask me. Taking another person's property without their permission is stealing. Now that they have been found out they will most likely correct their "mistake", but lets call a spade a spade.
    To steal something there has to be intent, surely. This was a mistake. End of.

Dear All, GrandS is being deliberately argumentative and inflammatory, please don't engage.

Unless, of course, he means it, in which case he needs more help than an internet forum can provide, so again, please don't engage.

Wrong bracelet

I am assuming that's it's a mistake, hopifully sorted out today, although not sure how they will identify my bracelet, i guess someone with a 2500 has got a screw link bracelet on their watch.

Checked the head, it is my watch

Master
    Blog Entries
    Hope the OP gets this sorted quickly. It beggars belief that this happened but then there is more angst here that the OP used "steal" instead of "accidentally swapped over", than surprise at what the AD did. Funny old world.

I would assume keeping similar watches separate was a regular requirement so some system should already be in place to prevent this. Certainly not rocket science.

EDIT it was GS who used the word stole. Point remains, this has raised more issue than the error that the AD made. Had the OP not noticed this for a few months, how easy would it be to get it sorted do you think?
    Last edited by thenikjones; 31st October 2016 at 07:34.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by thenikjones View Post
    Hope the OP gets this sorted quickly. It beggars belief that this happened but then there is more angst here that the OP used "steal" instead of "accidentally swapped over", than surprise at what the AD did. Funny old world.
    Thank you, agreed, but remember this is the internet, full of people who would rather muddy the waters and attack others rather than contribute anything useful. I have long ago stopped engaging with trolls, it is just not worth it.

To me, taking something that is not my property is stealing.

Master
    I'd go with mistake rather than stolen. I didn't think the bracelets were interchangeable between 2500 and 8500. Give them the chance to rectify and if they dont....throw out the toys

Master
    Looking forward for a positive update Mate...

Quote Originally Posted by Qatar-wol View Post
    Dear All, GrandS is being deliberately argumentative and inflammatory, please don't engage.

Unless, of course, he means it, in which case he needs more help than an internet forum can provide, so again, please don't engage.

From the overreaction Mr S does sound like a bit of a drama queen.

Can anyone confirm that all 8500 have the screw link system?

Can anyone confirm that all 8500 have the screw link system?

Yes, it has screws on both sides of the bracelet holding the center pin in place.

Master
    And I think some PO 2500 late models have the screw type pin as well...

Grand Master
    Ignoring GrandS (not for the first time), this is clearly a mistake that's occurred at the Service Centre. It's not good, but considering the way they work it's understandable. The bracelet will have gone to one person for refinishing and the watch will have gone to another for the service work etc. I think it highly unlikely that someone's tried to do anything dishonest here.

Ideally, this should've been spotted before leaving the AD's premises but I can understand why it wasn`t. I trust the OP's already contacted the AD who arranged the work, they have to take responsibility for this.

Lesson for everyone here I think!

Maybe someone else has your bracelet!

Just dropped the watch back at the AD. They took pictures originally so there is no uncertainty, it wasn't my bracelet. The clasp has planet ocean on it as opposed to omega. I am assuming it is for a 2500 but I didn't think they were compatible

Master
    Blog Entries
    I wonder where the guy is with a lose bracelet...

Bit disappointing but is am sure you will be getting the next service on the house.
    Last edited by Montello; 31st October 2016 at 19:29.

So it is definitely a 2500 bracelet so clearly they are compatible

To be honest, up until the point I got the wrong bracelet I was quite impressed with the omega service

It is a worry, had the bracelet fitted me would I looked closely for a few weeks, it certainly would have been more difficult to prove

Craftsman
    I had exactly the same thing with my Speedmaster Pro serviced by Omega via my local AD about 10 years. It's a 1988 watch and came back with whatever the current bracelet was in 2006/7. No one seemed at all concerned and the AD implied I should see it as an "upgrade" to get a completely new bracelet (albeit a different style). I made a fuss, called Omega direct and eventually got either my bracelet or an identical one back. I was amazed the serviced department didn't keep everything together. It's been independents for me since then.

Grand Master
    I think they work on a 'production line' basis. One guy does the refinishing, another guy does the movement stripdown etc. Clearly, there's scope for things to go wrong.

Refinishing is a totally different skill to movement servicing so it's hardly surprising they do it this way. An independent will usually do everything himself which has distinct advantages IMO.

I'm sure this faux pas will be rectfied to the OP's advantage; my guess is he'll get a new bracelt and someone in the Swatch service centre will get a plate of humble pie and a KUTA*

Paul

(*KUTA was an acronym for 'kick up the arse' when I started work in the 70s)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    Refinishing is a totally different skill to movement servicing so it's hardly surprising they do it this way. An independent will usually do everything himself which has distinct advantages IMO.
    Or negatives - jack of all trades, master of none for example.

Mistakes happen OP, I'm sure it'll be sorted to your satisfaction

To be honest I'm pretty laid back about it. It will get sorted I'm sure, either I'll get my bracelet back or I'll get a new one

Master
    What if this was the other way round? As in, send in your older, push in bracelet and get a newer, screwed bracelet for free?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by astonandy View Post
    I was amazed the serviced department didn't keep everything together. It's been independents for me since then.
    I am amazed by their flippant attitude towards other people's property.

Master
    I am amazed by their flippant attitude towards other people's property.
    I am amazed that you persevere with your pathetic passive aggressive baiting and are yet again trying to make a mountain out of a molehill where you think you can score cheap points against Swiss manufacturers but there we are. Well you did say to call a spade a spade did you not?
    Last edited by Padders; 1st November 2016 at 21:23.

Quote Originally Posted by Padders View Post
    I am amazed that you persevere with your pathetic passive aggressive baiting and are yet again trying to make a mountain out of a molehill where you think you can score cheap points against Swiss manufacturers but there we are. Well you did say to call a spade a spade did you not?
    He he

I only ever know what he's trolling about because people keep quoting him, which is exactly what he wants. If he is a he? I've had it on ignore for months.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    He he

I only ever know what he's trolling about because people keep quoting him, which is exactly what he wants. If he is a he? I've had it on ignore for months.
    Very good point. I will resist the temptation to feed it any further!

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Guitarfan View Post
    Or negatives - jack of all trades, master of none for example.
    That's a fair point; much as I like the idea of one guy being responsible for the whole process I recognise the flaw in this. Refinishing is very much an art and a skill in it's own right; that's the bit that the owner sees so it has to be right.

I think there's more emphasis on the cosmetics nowadays; in the past a watch repairer would sort the movement out and hand the watch back, but thesedays people like to see the watch restored to 'as new' condition....and rightly so in my opinion.

Horses for courses; Rolexes are pretty easy to refinish and the accredited independents can do a great job with the right equipment, I`d have no qualms about using them to service a watch. However, some of the Omegas are much harder/time-consuming to get right and very few people can do this to the same standard as the Omega Service Centre.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    That's a fair point; much as I like the idea of one guy being responsible for the whole process I recognise the flaw in this. Refinishing is very much an art and a skill in it's own right; that's the bit that the owner sees so it has to be right.

I think there's more emphasis on the cosmetics nowadays; in the past a watch repairer would sort the movement out and hand the watch back, but thesedays people like to see the watch restored to 'as new' condition....and rightly so in my opinion.

Horses for courses; Rolexes are pretty easy to refinish and the accredited independents can do a great job with the right equipment, I`d have no qualms about using them to service a watch. However, some of the Omegas are much harder/time-consuming to get right and very few people can do this to the same standard as the Omega Service Centre.

Paul
    Over the last 12 months I've had watches at brietling, PAM and omega and without doubt brietling cam back with the best finish

Been an expensive 12 months......

Banned
    Over the last 12 months I've had watches at brietling, PAM and omega and without doubt brietling cam back with the best finish.
    As expected, Breitling normally do excellent work.

Banned
    Stupid question it is your watch and not been mixed up?

The op checked the serial in an earlier post and confirmed that it was his watch.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmATeaf View Post
    The op checked the serial in an earlier post and confirmed that it was his watch.
    I missed that

Time for a update, I got the watch back yesterday with a new bracelet and a written apology from omega. They also gave me back the 2500 bracelet that was wrongly fitted which was unexpected

Banned
    Time for a update, I got the watch back yesterday with a new bracelet and a written apology from omega. They also gave me back the 2500 bracelet that was wrongly fitted which was unexpected
    Well done, sir, thanks for the update. I am pleased to hear that Omega have corrected their mistake.

They also gave me back the 2500 bracelet that was wrongly fitted which was unexpected
    Great news that it was resolved. I wonder if there's someone out there ripping their hair out 'cos they've had another returned 'with the wrong bracelet' now haha