closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Watchfinder

Banned
    Blog Entries

Watchfinder

I have not used these guys before. Are they price negotiable? Looking at 116509s in the range £15-20k. What should I expect?

Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    I have not used these guys before. Are they price negotiable? Looking at 116509s in the range £15-20k. What should I expect?

I enquired about a £6000 watch yesterday and was offered £500 off for a straight purchase.

Interesting, was that based on a credit card sale for full amount, or debit card for the majority ?

Quote Originally Posted by W124 View Post
    Interesting, was that based on a credit card sale for full amount, or debit card for the majority ?

Debit card for full amount.

Master
    I won't use them, but I phoned them yest to gauge the price of a watch i was interested in. Listed at 2450, they went down to 2050. I guess it depends how popular the watch is, how long it's been in stock and purchase price etc tho.

Master
    Be careful.... I looked at one of these in Leeds....watch was in nice condition, but the bracelet was very short....wouldn't even fit my tiny wrist.... when I asked if there were any spare links I was told no.....

Make sure you get a full length bracelet...

Master
    also buy online will give you a 14 day returns period, not sure if its the same deal if you buy in store

Apprentice
    I am in the process of selling a watch to this company. Hopefully i receive what has been offered once i send it .

I think it massively depends on who you speak to. Some good and some bad

You should be able to negotiate a discount for straight sale, but entirely depends on popularity of the model as someone else has pointed out already.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrusir View Post
    also buy online will give you a 14 day returns period, not sure if its the same deal if you buy in store
    Absolutely not. And Watchfinder will, in my experience, use every trick in the book to deny you a return. Do not assume this company will treat you generously. Buy on line, and even then, watch the small print. I speak from bitter experience.

Master
    YOUR RIGHT TO CANCEL
    Subject to clause 12(b), you have a legal right to cancel your Order during the period set out in clause 12(c) and receive a full refund.
    The cancellation right does not apply to Goods purchased from any of our premises (including our Boutiques at Royal Exchange, Bluewater and Leeds and our Showrooms at Maidstone and Burlington Arcade) and/or if the Goods have been adjusted to meet your specifications or personalised.
    Purchases made in store can be exchanged but not refunded when returned within 14 days of purchase in unused condition. If no exchange can be made on the day a credit note will be issued for the original purchase price. Please refer to clause 12 (m) This does not affect your usual consumer rights.
    You may cancel your Order for the Goods without giving any reason. The cancellation period will expire after 14 days from the day after the Goods are delivered to you or your nominated recipient
    Yeah, sod buying in store. Buy online and enforce your rights.

I like the notion that you have to return a used watch in an unused condition though :D

Master
    Ok, i would only ever buy on line then, i have to say my experience of returning items bought online was fine, they werent as described condition wise so went straight back

Quote Originally Posted by paskinner View Post
    Absolutely not. And Watchfinder will, in my experience, use every trick in the book to deny you a return. Do not assume this company will treat you generously. Buy on line, and even then, watch the small print. I speak from bitter experience.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    Be careful.... I looked at one of these in Leeds....watch was in nice condition, but the bracelet was very short....wouldn't even fit my tiny wrist.... when I asked if there were any spare links I was told no.....

Make sure you get a full length bracelet...
    Thanks for the heads up. The newest one they have is a full bracelet. Not sure about the several 2006 and 2007 pieces which they have in stock.

Which watch did you enquire about ?

Quote Originally Posted by troymcclure72 View Post
    I won't use them, but I phoned them yest to gauge the price of a watch i was interested in. Listed at 2450, they went down to 2050. I guess it depends how popular the watch is, how long it's been in stock and purchase price etc tho.

Is is the newest @£20k and the £15k ones have no b&p ?

Thanks for the heads up. The newest one they have is a full bracelet. Not sure about the several 2006 and 2007 pieces which they have in stock.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by UKWatchGuy View Post
    Is is the newest @£20k and the £15k ones have no b&p ?
    No, the £15-16k ones have B&P but are 9/10 years old. The newest is 2016. £14k for no bits.

Bought an Omega off them, the service was good and the watch was as described and in good condition.

I've had a few off them, they can be a bit off on their descriptions but I've never had a problem returning for a full refund. When they say box and papers check it's everything you expect and use in negotiation. Of the five I've had off them I've never paid the advertised price, ask for a discount, you will get it.

Master
    I phoned them in the week to ask them to send a watch over from their London store to their Bluewater one in time for Saturday. Popped into Bluewater on Saturday and tried it on, no overt sales pressure, I asked if there was any movement on price which they said they could look at if I was interested. I didn't end up buying the watch but have no complaints about the way they dealt with me. It was nice not to be made to feel like a timewaster for not buying something.