closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ** HELP & KINDNESS...The C word... charity, children, Coventry, Christmas **

** HELP & KINDNESS...The C word... charity, children, Coventry, Christmas **

Good afternoon
    I have spoken with Eddie in relation to what I'm posting and he's cool with it... so here goes...

Two years ago I made an appeal on here for brand new toys to be donated

The reason... Coventry Social Services look after and are for many many children who's lives are frankly just an existence...
    Parents who have nothing, or that have issues involving drugs alcohol etc hence the child is under supervision and all that goes with it

They try to give as many children as a possible a Christmas present, so bad it is that the gifts are delivered by hand and the child is seen to open the toy or gift so that the patent doesn't take it to cash converters or the local pub to sell it for booze or worse

Two years ago I was overwhelmed by the generosity of this forum - amazing words, some great people, and amazing gifts that the children received with thanks, tears in my eyes at the thoughts

Last year I didn't appeal as feel that we as a community in here are always doing good, and to my astonishment I was contacted by one particular member who donated three sack loads of goodies having asked if I was collecting!

This year, I'd like to do more - get more, be able to provide for more so am appealing earlier...

It's pay day for many tomorrow and I'm asking you all to stop and think about the circumstances of these kids, and could you spare a brand new and sealed toy?

Ages from toddler to 16 - girls or boys... budget - up to you - everything before from colouring sets to radio controlled cars!
    They prefer not to have soft toys as these can get grubby etc before delivery

I had donations from abroad via PayPal to spend at amazon etc and all goods purchased were proven back to donators (though many of you didn't worry)

This is a genuine early first call - maybe your kids have something sat in the cupboard new and sealed that they don't want? Or would it be a positive experience to sit and choose a gift or two with your own children exposing the plight of others?

All gifts would be greatly received
    For those last time who wanted me to do the buying, I think amazon gift cards can be purchased in many supermarkets etc

Anyway - enough bleating on
    We are a great great community and all donations would be gratefully received

Pm me for address etc - if Mr Tamworth is again donating... we could catch up as we always do!

Thanks Eddie for your kind permission.

Master
    Fantastic gesture. I'll be doing a bit of Amazon shopping with my children one of these evenings. Hopefully it'll start teaching them the value of charity and make them appreciate how lucky they are. PM your address when you can OP. And well done again!

Good for you and thank you. I was born in Coventry (christened in the Cathedral) but my immediate family left for London when I was young. I used to go back a lot, not so much now. I had uncles in the car factories - very little like that for current generation and I can't believe how bad the place has got for a lot of people, or how lucky I got in leaving. No disrespect to anyone living there now, only good wishes and respect.

Just a suggestion re the Amazon gift cards idea, if you put up an email address people can send you a gift card electronically. Might be convenient for you and save any worries about cards going missing.

I'll PM you any way and best of luck.

Smile Great idea

I'm reasonably local to Coventry and happy to help.

Quote Originally Posted by alfat33 View Post
    Good for you and thank you. I was born in Coventry (christened in the Cathedral) but my immediate family left for London when I was young. I used to go back a lot, not so much now. I had uncles in the car factories - very little like that for current generation and I can't believe how bad the place has got for a lot of people, or how lucky I got in leaving. No disrespect to anyone living there now, only good wishes and respect.

Just a suggestion re the Amazon gift cards idea, if you put up an email address people can send you a gift card electronically. Might be convenient for you and save any worries about cards going missing.

I'll PM you any way and best of luck.
    Thanks for your words - I live in Bedworth and Coventry has dereristed since I was a child
    If you are looking at amazon card or voucher (somealemrwady are) then please pm me and I will give my email address
    My inbox will allow me track what is what and any generosity is greatly appreciated

Craftsman
    Could you please PM me the address?

Quote Originally Posted by Ethos View Post
    Could you please PM me the address?
    Pm sent and thank you if you are donating

Please - brand new and sealed items
    Health and safety etc

Gents we are off and running

I have already received a generous donation via an amazon gift card by email

Promised and pending from a few more

I know it's early
    But you have TWO pay days and there are some voucher codes you can use on the Smyths website too if you fancy buying there!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweepinghand View Post
    Pm sent and thank you if you are donating

Please - brand new and sealed items
    Health and safety etc
    All done direct from Amazon - have PMed you details

All done direct from Amazon - have PMed you details

OMG super generous
    Two gifts - really thoughtful and great choice

Let's blow the roof off this guys

Master
    Thanks for your words - I live in Bedworth and Coventry has dereristed since I was a child
    If you are looking at amazon card or voucher (somealemrwady are) then please pm me and I will give my email address
    My inbox will allow me track what is what and any generosity is greatly appreciated
    Good lord there's loads of us. Grew up in Coundon, uni in Brum. I'll see what Santa can find.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidL View Post
    Good lord there's loads of us. Grew up in Coundon, uni in Brum. I'll see what Santa can find.
    Many thanks
    Folks - this weekend is a great opportunity for family time
    To pick a toy with your children and underline the importance of giving and values
    I know it's early - but hoping that will give us a head start this time around

Master
    ignore, my misake

Craftsman
    I'm from Cov and will be out and about today and will pick up a couple of presents.

Can you pick them up or can I drop them off anywhere?

Quote Originally Posted by mk2driver View Post
    I'm from Cov and will be out and about today and will pick up a couple of presents.

Can you pick them up or can I drop them off anywhere?
    You can post them to me
    Or depending on where in cov I can arrange to pick up

Fantastic gesture. I work with children and families / foster carers and most areas have similar appeals going on at this time of year. Its a particularly tough time of year for many families and a great time of year to spend a bit of time with our own children getting them to think about others that are less fortunate by picking a toy out and explaining why its being donated.

Its always been hard for many families but the way the world / UK is at the moment life is tough for many more than usual. After 25 years working in this particular field I am seeing things nowadays that shock even me and make me ashamed of where we are heading in the UK.

Hats off to the OP for the work that he has done previously and continues to do, as well as all that make a donation. Its absolutely brilliant......

I raise money locally to me and get involved with temporary homeless projects on a voluntary basis from November onwards. Usually working with the kids that are homeless.

Even if you are a long way from Coventry, try to get involved in some way locally with either donating or getting involved. It doesn't just benefit others its good for the soul....

Chris

Craftsman
    You can post them to me
    Or depending on where in cov I can arrange to pick up
    Just sent you a PM with some more details

An excellent initiative that I'm happy to support. Hope my contribution will make some kids happy. Keep up the good work!

Brillant gesture and I will do this with the kids in November and they can box the toy up with me and post it to you.

Well done.

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Brillant gesture and I will do this with the kids in November and they can box the toy up with me and post it to you.

Well done.
    That's fab - thanks so much

Quote Originally Posted by 50kopek View Post
    An excellent initiative that I'm happy to support. Hope my contribution will make some kids happy. Keep up the good work!
    Your generosity is astounding
    I recall you doing the same first time around
    Thank you so much for this - your funds will buy quite a few toys!

Pm'ed for details :)

Tis the season and all that!

Some good folk

Quite a few enquiries and donations including from Europe

Seems folk are keen to help and enjoy the thought of buying something for a child

Do not feel pressure to spend loads
    Any gift no matter how big or small will be cherished

A personal caller.....

A big fab thanks to the member who called at mine tonight

A very generous offering!!!!

You're a good man

Come on fellas !!!!!

It's gone quiet on one of the busiest shopping weekends of the year!

Master
    Great thing to do, OP.

Please PM me the details. My 15 year old daughter has said she wants to send something that she'll get from her pocket money.

Quote Originally Posted by tredders View Post
    Great thing to do, OP.

Please PM me the details. My 15 year old daughter has said she wants to send something that she'll get from her pocket money.
    That's great news and v v kind
    Details sent

I'd love to think that this thread will surpass the donations of two years ago

Here we all are talking about £50k to spend on s car, buying a Rolex before it goes up in price etc

It's humbling to see real heart felt charity

Master
    Hi John,

Only just seen your thread. I'm sure I'll have something to donate so I'll be in touch once I've sorted something. Good effort again mate

Steve.

Please PM me your details.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Quote Originally Posted by stefaulkner View Post
    Hi John,

Only just seen your thread. I'm sure I'll have something to donate so I'll be in touch once I've sorted something. Good effort again mate

Steve.
    You're the man
    Starting early - so your contacts might want to help?

@Sweepinghand:

As some of the pleasure is the 'opening' of a gift-wrapped present, what would you say to items being sent to you being already wrapped in Christmas paper? Along with a removable note describing the contents/age guide for appropriate distribution of course.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    @Sweepinghand:

As some of the pleasure is the 'opening' of a gift-wrapped present, what would you say to items being sent to you being already wrapped in Christmas paper? Along with a removable note describing the contents/age guide for appropriate distribution of course.

R
    I have no issue with that at all Raphy
    Great idea as long as we know what's in it!

Craftsman
    How's the collection going John? Fantastic initiative and great work!

How's the collection going John? Fantastic initiative and great work!
    It all seems a little slow TBH

Some great folk are straight out of the blocks

Others who I thought would play haven't

Talk of Rolex price rises and penny pinching on thousands guts me as for less than a tenner a child is happy

Can't believe this off front page

Guys come on

Eddie has given his permission

The money that changes hands on here is huge

What's £5-10 to make a child with literally nothing for Christmas happy?

Very good of you. Very good indeed. Please PM me details.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikee View Post
    Very good of you. Very good indeed. Please PM me details.
    All details sent and thank you greTky for considering a donation

More if the sane fellas

It's fun fun fun

Great thread, undoubtedly worthy cause, and Sir, I salute your time and effort......

And sorry if I'm being a bit thick but please PM me details of how to make a contribution/donation via Amazon/PayPal.
    (Love the idea of buying an actual gift and sending it but I also know it's one of those things I'll mean to do but just never get round to actually doing, sorry!)

Hi spuds

Amazon gift cards are brill

Either by post or electronic

Johncoote69@hotmail.com

That's my PayPal address

9 the sycamores
    Bedworth
    Cv12 0pn

Craftsman
    I have a few presents now - cost me £50 but will hopefully make 5 kids happy at Christmas and you can't put a price on that

Just sent a donation via paypal ,good luck with your appeal John .

Quote Originally Posted by mk2driver View Post
    I have a few presents now - cost me £50 but will hopefully make 5 kids happy at Christmas and you can't put a price on that
    Wow wow wow
    Brilliant
    We will arrange a pick up

Quote Originally Posted by Jega View Post
    Just sent a donation via paypal ,good luck with your appeal John .
    Be sure that probs a fire engine will be on the list

Your charity astonishedcand humbles all

So kind

You should have a gift card in your inbox.

All the best

Cheers

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by MattH View Post
    You should have a gift card in your inbox.

All the best

Cheers

Matt
    Oh my goodness !!!
    Well all I can say is that's quite a lot of gifts coming
    Your generosity is staggering
    Thank you so much

Will be doing a big amazon shop on Black Friday to try and get best value
    Stunning Matt

paypal gift sent John and once again I salute you.....

Quote Originally Posted by spuds View Post
    paypal gift sent John and once again I salute you.....
    Sound... you've mashed it!

So kind and generous

Some smiles guaranteed

Guys.... a fiver or a tenner will buy a great gift for either sex from amazon etc

I will pick up a couple of gifts next week when shopping. I live in Coventry so can drop them off to you

Quote Originally Posted by maccado View Post
    I will pick up a couple of gifts next week when shopping. I live in Coventry so can drop them off to you
    I live in Bedworth but could meet you at Ricoh perhaps?
    Fantastic news
    Just been shopping at Tesco there this morn and there are some lovely gifts for about a fiver

I'll pm you to arrange after I've got them cheers

I live in Bedworth but could meet you at Ricoh perhaps?
    Fantastic news
    Just been shopping at Tesco there this morn and there are some lovely gifts for about a fiver