closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Milgauss Black Dial w/ Green Glass: Strap Options Please?

Milgauss Black Dial w/ Green Glass: Strap Options Please?

I've been thinking of strap options for my Milgauss Back Dial with Green Glass, which I wear infrequently.

Maybe an interesting, fun strap would breath fresh air on this watch?

May I ask for ideas please?

Thank you in advance.

Master
    Black Rubber b with green accent stripe? Vulchromatic I think they call it.

Quote Originally Posted by gcleminson View Post
    Black Rubber b with green accent stripe? Vulchromatic I think they call it.
    @gcleminson:the Vulchromatic is quite a wonderful strap! thanks for the heads up. prior to your suggestion, i have not paid too much attention to them.

here are some of my thoughts:

I have a Rolex Milgauss GV that I no longer wear much. I'm thinking of breathing new life to that piece by changing it from the standard provided stainless bracelet to a particularly attractive custom strap.

This is my initial thought (please see pictures):

- Croco or similar skin strap, with green stitching on both sides to coordinate and pull the green glass "in".

- Or, orange stitching on the same croco or similar skin strap in order to pull the ORANGE SECONDS hand's color in. Might the orange stitching (instead of the green) be a bit too much? Gaudy? Expected (as in most stitching tries to match hand color with stitching color, but rarely is there a watch crystal color that is not clear!)? Or would it be great/fun?

I'm also very open to other ideas.

Kindly note that, like most here, I have a number of other watches, so I do not want this Milgauss to be particularly elegant or business-like. It's a sports watch and it ought to be fun, yet has a subtle elegance to the final design of the strap. Some of the overly blatant straps are a bit overdone (very subjective, very personal, of course), and some others are overly plain, bordering on being boring.

I don't want a boring strap that I have to pay additional for - I already have the standard included stainless bracelet! So this new strap should add some additional value.

May I ask what you all think, please?

Thanks in advance.

ABP Rolex Milgauss Green Strap Pic1 by nycnynycny, on Flickr

ABP Rolex Milgauss with Green Stitching 2 by nycnynycny, on Flickr

ABP Rolex Milgauss with Green Stitching 3 by nycnynycny, on Flickr

ABP Rolex Milgauss Green Strap with GREEN STITCHING by nycnynycny, on Flickr

ABP Rolex Milgauss Green Glass by nycnynycny, on Flickr

NON-ABP Strap Rolex Milgauss Green Glass Black Strap with ORANGE Stitching by nycnynycny, on Flickr

NON ABP Black Rally Rolex Milgauss by nycnynycny, on Flickr
    Last edited by Dualmonitors; 27th October 2016 at 23:41.