closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Vodafone, PAYG and iMessage

Master

Vodafone, PAYG and iMessage

Hi

My daughter has an iPhone 5s on PAYG with Vodafone. At least twice now the iMessage service just stops and messages are sent as texts. Turning iMessage off and on doesn't do anything - it just says 'failed to activate' and when you dig into message you can see the phone number greyed out and can only select the emails to send/receive messages.

Last time I spent hours on the phone and chat with Apple doing resets; back-ups; restores etc to no avail.

In the end I called Vodafone and they added 50p to the credit and the activation worked.

Today it suddenly stopped working again. Although Vodafone added £2 credit to let the activation message be sent, no joy. After that the technical guy pretty much told me to go and talk to Apple as it's nothing to do with Voda. Great customer service.

Anyway, this hasn't happened with any other device and didn't happen on EE when she on PAYG with them. Doesn't happen on her iPad which is on the same Apple ID.

Is this something common with PAYG and Vodafone??

I've tried various combinations of resets; airplane mode; restore etc. Nothing.

I'm thinking of just moving her back to EE as I've wasted an entire evening on this now!

Any help, guidance appreciated.

Master
    Have you tried the sim in another iPhone?