closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: They must think I'm minted!

Master

They must think I'm minted!

Because I bought a Breitling from them last year I received this through the post, I better call them tomorrow and explain to them I'm only a delivery driver!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Matt68; 25th October 2016 at 17:15.

I'd just pop along and pretend

Go along mate. You'll enjoy it - don't even hint that you wont be making a purchase - and grab every freebie going.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Umbongo View Post
    Go along mate. You'll enjoy it - don't even hint that you wont be making a purchase - and grab every freebie going.
    Must admit I do like going for a nosy in there, I tries a couple of Rolex Watches on a couple of months ago and must admit I quite liked one of them (ref 114060) but unfortunately out of my price range, when I purchased my heavily discounted Breitling from there for £3460 I did consider taking finance over a year for the Rolex 114060, but I'm not really into debt apart from the mortgage of course, but that's maybe down to me being a low earner, so don't think it would do much harm looking at some PP's as they are certainly out of my reach!

Just love drooling over Watches though, here a pic of my Breitling I bought from them last year, love it to bits and feel I made the right choice!

Craftsman

They must think I'm minted!

Go and try a few on, opportunities like this don't come up that often!

Nice Breitling btw!

Apprentice
    Do go and have a look. I went when it was at my local AD and really enjoyed handling some of the watches I would never get a chance to see.
    Where else will you get to try on a £200K watch?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt68 View Post
    Must admit I do like going for a nosy in there, I tries a couple of Rolex Watches on a couple of months ago and must admit I quite liked one of them (ref 114060) but unfortunately out of my price range, when I purchased my heavily discounted Breitling from there for £3460 I did consider taking finance over a year for the Rolex 114060, but I'm not really into debt apart from the mortgage of course, but that's maybe down to me being a low earner, so don't think it would do much harm looking at some PP's as they are certainly out of my reach!

Just love drooling over Watches though, here a pic of my Breitling I bought from them last year, love it to bits and feel I made the right choice!

Looks well on you mate.

Master
    The quality of a person is not defined by how much they earn. You have as much right to pop along and enjoy the show as any other watch fan.
    Who knows, you might prefer your Breitling.
    Last edited by paskinner; 25th October 2016 at 19:25.

I received an invite for some new Porsche model. I did think about cruising there in my 9 year old Golf diesel but thought no.

I also did get an invite from WoS to view new the Rolex range and would have been comfortable going but unfortunately was unable to go.

I would love to try on a few PP watches. A few years ago they simply did not appeal to me but now I would love a Nautilus or Aquanaut. Not that I can afford either!

Master
    Nice Breitling!
    With regards to the PP event I went to one at my local AD and had lots of fun trying on the watches and eating the (very nice) canapés whilst the wife tucked into the free champagne. Pop along and be sure to report back how you got on.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by paskinner View Post
    The quality of a person is not defined by how much they earn. You have as much right to pop along and enjoy the show as any other watch fan.
    Absolutely spot on .
    They're several leagues out of reach for me too but it surely couldn't do anybody any harm popping along for a mosey.

I think most of us are happy in our price range, and Lording it up on watches that would clear our mortgages would just feel false & pretentious.
    Fine if you have the thick skin to pull it off, but I'm happy to look at Patek through a display case content that I will never own one.

Entirely possible - Patek make some beautiful watches, and some dogs dinners too.

I once went in to the PP AD in Tunbridge Wells to enquire about the price of a watch that I couldn't afford.

I told them upfront that it was out of my price range (£35k) but they still insisted on taking out of the display and letting me try it on.

I walked out of their with a hardback catalogue too, they couldn't have been more helpful.

OP, just go along and enjoy it; you may be in the market for one one day!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveA View Post
    I think most of us are happy in our price range, and Lording it up on watches that would clear our mortgages would just feel false & pretentious.
    Fine if you have the thick skin to pull it off, but I'm happy to look at Patek through a display case content that I will never own one.
    Can see your point but don't know about the lording it part . Sure the price of a PP would clear a massive chunk of my mortgage too but i can still appreciate one as much as i can appreciate anything else, and i think i'd quickly be found out coming over all Hyacinth Bucket!

Never miss an opportunity to take a look at watches you can't normally clap your eyes on (that goes as much for a collection of obscure vintage Soviet or Chinese mechanicals as high end stuff like this)

Craftsman
    Because I bought a Breitling from them last year I received this through the post, I better call them tomorrow and explain to them I'm only a delivery driver!
    No need to call nor to explain anything. You have an invite, just go and enjoy! You have as much right to be there as the next person.

Master
    I will probably take all the advice and go and have a look, just for the sake of loving Watches, I did get an invite to Banks Lyons re-opening night a few months back and went with the wife, I was quite flattered by the invite as I hadn't spent a fortune there, just two Watches one being a new Longines and the other a second hand SMP, it was one of the sales people that called me and asked if I fancied going, it was nice of the wife to volunteer to drive ( for a change :) so I could have a few glasses of Champagne, and the Canapés were delicious, never had that kind of posh treatment before and really enjoyed the evening, got to meet some great people and tried a few Watches on before it was time to go!

Apprentice
    I would certainly go along to look, I bet the majority of people there will be looking and not buying !
    It is, as others have said, a nice chance to see the PP watches.
    You do not know what the future may hold,I am a carpenter and I aspired to own a Rolex when I was just 20 years old, I managed to buy my first one, a used TT GMT at the age of 40, a very long wait but worth it.
    It is great to really aspire to own something special.
    Your Breitling is a very nice watch and you probably wanted one for a long time. There is no harm is hoping one day to manage to get a PP or other high end item.

A also remember talking to a salesman in our local Jaguar dealer over 30 years ago when I was admiring the cars in the showroom, I had an early 83/84 XJ at the time, it was probably worth maybe £4000, never ever did I think I may ever manage to buy a new one, wind on 25 years and I was in the showroom talking to the same chap ( he is still with them now as well ) ordering a new one, it was my first ever ( and will be my last ) brand new car, OK it was on finance but all paid for now and mine for many years to come.

Things can change in the future and you never know what you may be able to achieve, go and enjoy the event !

Go for it, don't forget to take your phone for a few images, tell them its to show the wife, but really us lot

They know what you previously bought from them and they have invited you. Go along and enjoy yourself, it will be a great opportunity to try on some great watches.

You come across as a jovial chap and I suspect this is why the dealer invited you. Go but dress smart and enjoy it.

Journeyman
    Take up the full offer of a private viewing - why not. :)
    Echoing what others have said though, go for it and have a lovely evening. Just make sure you snap a few pictures for us.
    I can't imagine it will be a 'hard sell' evening either.

I went to the exhibition when it was on in Windsor. There's no pressure to buy anything particularly as none of the display was for sale anyway! It was useful to try a few of the different models that I'd had my eye on to help me decide which one I wanted when I have the cash.

Craftsman
    Go and enjoy the evening. Life is funny, circumstances change, you might be destined to own one in your future. I love the hobby and looking at watches, usually with no intention of buying, is part of the fun.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    Time to suit up. You're not a delivery driver, you're in logistics.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveR View Post
    Time to suit up. You're not a delivery driver, you're in logistics.
    Frontline logistics coordination executive!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    haha that will do, that title sounds worthy of a potential Patek buyer!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    Brilliant. Reminds me of a chap I used to work with in a factory many moons ago.
    He was a box boy (making up the boxes for the product at the end of the assembly line) but he used to refer to himself as a cardboard technician.
    In my last factory job my official title was a product coating technician, the reality was I was a paint mixer

Say yes to any invite you get!
    You never know who you may be introduced to and the opportunities that may come your way.

I now get invited as a VIP (I am not a VIP) to Ferrari events and have met some amazing people and been given some great opportunities.

Master
    I might take my cheap plastic eBay Loupe with me to inspect some Dials! :)

I might take my cheap plastic eBay Loupe with me to inspect some Dials! :)

Don't do that, you should be able to sponge a nice wooden Patek one while you are there