timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Precista PRS-42 - B-UHR Limited Edition

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    Another "absurd on the wrist" shot.

Eddie
    Not at all, looks absolutely fine on your wrist. But there is no denying that it has very long lugs, and in my opinion, and from photo's I've seen, it is hard to pull that off with smaller wrists. This is nothing against the watch, this is an argument that can be levied against any watch, "is it too big for my wrist".

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    fortunately, there is variation in human wrists
    Indeed, hence why i specified the photo's posted, where the wrists clearly aren't large enough. But that is my opinion, hence why I stated that is how fashion works, in that everyone likes their own thing and dislikes others for their own reason.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    I've no idea how fashion 'works', but I don't think the B-Uhr could be described as a fashion watch.

R

I didn't say it is a fashion watch. What I meant was that in fashion, there is no one size fits all, everyone has their own preference, and for me, lugs hanging over the wrist is a no.

Quote Originally Posted by soapy View Post
    its not absurd, do you know the history of this watch its all in Eddies description.

The cabins of German bombers were in most cases unpressurized and unheated. That is why most B- Uhren were fitted with a very long and safety-riveted leather strap with roller buckle so that it could be worn over the sleeve of the thick shearling flight jacket. Some of later versions were delivered on a shorter strap (“Kurzband”) so that they could be worn as a normal watch during missions.
    I'm aware of the purpose for these kinds of watches. It doesn't mean that they look good (to me) when not worn in that context though. You can get watches upto 80mm in diameter which were designed for and works for a set activity, doesn't mean it can be worn as a normal watch without it looking odd.

As I've said, I love the watch, but to me, the lugs do not make it viable for smaller wrists. But at the same time, as you state soapy, it has a history, so I'd rather that it simply isn't for me, than have the design compromised just to appeal to a greater market.
    Last edited by hafle; 1st November 2016 at 10:52.

Interesting looking watch and congratulations to Eddie and the doubtless happy purchasers, but am I alone in not really "getting" the nostalgia for and appeal of German Luftwaffe type watches?

The strap does look very nice quality.

Not at all, looks absolutely fine on your wrist. But there is no denying that it has very long lugs, and in my opinion, and from photo's I've seen, it is hard to pull that off with smaller wrists. This is nothing against the watch, this is an argument that can be levied against any watch, "is it too big for my wrist".
    You wouldn't buy a shirt with a 17" collar if you only had a 14" neck so why would you buy a watch which is too big for your wrist?

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Master
    You wouldn't buy a shirt with a 17" collar if you only had a 14" neck so why would you buy a watch which is too big for your wrist?

Eddie
    I wouldn't, but in my opinion, some of the photo's in this thread suggest that people have. If they like it, then that's absolutely fine, but it doesn't stop me thinking they have bought a watch too big for their wrists.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hafle View Post
    I wouldn't, but in my opinion, some of the photo's in this thread suggest that people have. If they like it, then that's absolutely fine, but it doesn't stop me thinking they have bought a watch too big for their wrists.
    so you decide to try and ruin their enjoyment of the watch, why click on the thread in the first place?

Be sure to go onto the Collars and Cuffs shirt forum and tell everyone that their collars are too loose.

Blog Entries
    I want to see some proper wrist shots of this watch. Get your flying suits on, you lot!

Banned
    Be sure to go onto the Collars and Cuffs shirt forum and tell everyone that their collars are too loose.
    you know what james bond said about collars and cuffs?

Quote Originally Posted by soapy View Post
    so you decide to try and ruin their enjoyment of the watch, why click on the thread in the first place?
    Come off it thats´being a bit oversensitive don´t you think...everyones entitled to an opinion, no-ones trying to ruin anything.

It may feel fine, but from the photos in this thread, it looks absurd on the wrist imo. But that's how fashion works I guess. If the wearer likes it, no discussion needed. The much larger IWC looks like it wears great in comparison.
    I've no idea how fashion 'works', but I don't think the B-Uhr could be described as a fashion watch.
    I didn't say it is a fashion watch. What I meant was that in fashion, there is no one size fits all, everyone has their own preference, and for me, lugs hanging over the wrist is a no.
    Looking at mine, the diameter of my wrist exceeds the overall length of the watch. But fair enough: as you say, it's your opinion.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Master
    Looking at mine, the diameter of my wrist exceeds the overall length of the watch. But fair enough: as you say, it's your opinion.

R
    Ralphy can I ask your wrist size please?

Thanks

Sean

Quote Originally Posted by ZIM View Post
    Ralphy can I ask your wrist size please?

Thanks

Sean
    I think it's 7.25 inches, if I can find a tape measure where I am I'll confirm.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Master
    I think it's 7.25 inches, if I can find a tape measure where I am I'll confirm.

R
    Thanks Ralphy, if your wrist 7.25 then I can see it fitting mine.

It's not that simple, some wrists are thick and narrow whilst others are thin and broad.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Master
    It's not that simple, some wrists are thick and narrow whilst others are thin and broad.

Eddie
    Thanks Eddie, although I am not sure that helps me.

I think this is a great looking watch and I would go for it like a shot were it not for the size.

I have a 7 1/2 inch wrist and normally wear watches of about 38/40 mm appart from 42 mm pam.

Still thinking........

Blog Entries
    Exactly. I see a real business opportunity for any cosmetic surgeons who read this forum.

"Wrist not wide and flat enough? Lugs hanging over the edge of your wrist? Straps flying in empty air? WE CAN HELP. Fast, painless procedure using lasers. No watch will ever be too big for your wrist again! Call 1-800-DR-SKANKENSTEIN"

"I couldn't wear a 34mm Datejust without it looking big, then I had DR SKANKENSTEIN LASER SURGERY(TM) and now I wear a 55mm Flieger with zero overhang." - Mrs Ethel McBurnsey.

EDIT: I think the gunfire may be getting to me.

Quote Originally Posted by ZIM View Post
    Thanks Eddie, although I am not sure that helps me.

I think this is a great looking watch and I would go for it like a shot were it not for the size.

I have a 7 1/2 inch wrist and normally wear watches of about 38/40 mm appart from 42 mm pam.

Still thinking........

This is mine on 7 1/2 inch wrist. It's amazing how used you get to larger watches. My 14060 looks small to me these days!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm in two minds about the styling...........

The face seems a bit "fussy" sometimes, and I would have the hands in a different colour, but.........

I do admire the style, and the design and build process - of what is a great watch to own.

Congrats to the 50 - you must be feeling good about your purchase!

Like the strap - fitted to the watch in the post above - very nice.

Al

really digging the movement and I love the crown.

wish it was a tad smaller though...

gorgeous aviator watch regardless. Eddie did a nice job. congrats to all the owners.

Craftsman
    If I didn't already own a 42mm Laco B-uhr and if I didn't have a lot of other things which drains my wallet at the moment, I would have ordered this one in a heartbeat. IMHO, it's one of the best takes I have seen on the B-uhr.
    Last edited by Leif; 2nd November 2016 at 10:46.

Craftsman
    I've been wearing mine 24 hours now and in that time it's only lost 2 seconds. Love the movement, turning the crown feels like a real quality watch and I get a bit excited when it needs winding up. Interestingly, my wife - who has no interest in mens watches other than Rolex - said 'oh you have a new watch, I like the look of that, it looks nice". Normally she hates every watch I wear.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    The face seems a bit "fussy" sometimes, and I would have the hands in a different colour, but......l
    Yes, but the dial design is according to the original spec and the hands were traditionally blued, so there's no room to move on those parts, design wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Leif View Post
    If I didn't already own a 42mm Laco B-uhr and if I didn't have a lot of other things which drains my wallet at the moment, I would have ordered this one in a heartbeat. IMHO, it's one of the best takes I have seen on the B-uhr.
    I have my Laco B-Uhr on my wrist right now, can feel the funds draining from my wallet even as it nestles in my hip pocket. And even so I'd be tempted but I'm sure the lugs make it a little too wide for my wrist.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ROBANNENAGY View Post
    I've been wearing mine 24 hours now and in that time it's only lost 2 seconds. Love the movement, turning the crown feels like a real quality watch and I get a bit excited when it needs winding up. Interestingly, my wife - who has no interest in mens watches other than Rolex - said 'oh you have a new watch, I like the look of that, it looks nice". Normally she hates every watch I wear.
    Those words send a chill down my spine. So far Mrs T-7 hasn't noticed & I'm trying to keep it that way

Still available?

Hi Eddie, is this pilot watch still available for ordering?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_5486 View Post
    Hi Eddie, is this pilot watch still available for ordering?

Thanks!
    The website doesn't say sold out: http://www.timefactors.com/precista.htm

Got it! Thanks buddy!

The website doesn't say sold out: http://www.timefactors.com/precista.htm

Question Lumeshot?

Dose anyone have the lume shot in the darkness?
    Wondering how bright would it be in the night...

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_5486 View Post
    Dose anyone have the lume shot in the darkness?
    Wondering how bright would it be in the night...

There you go

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Talking

Thanks man!

looks really pretty!

Quote Originally Posted by Dudlei View Post
    There you go

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Mr_5486; 9th November 2016 at 08:40.

Quote Originally Posted by trident-7 View Post
    Those words send a chill down my spine. So far Mrs T-7 hasn't noticed & I'm trying to keep it that way
    "This old thing? No, I've had this one for years..."

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyp View Post
    Haha, I used those very words when she spotted my new Ingy 3227 last week

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gyp View Post
    Haha, I used those very words when she spotted my new Ingy 3227 last week

Apprentice
    Love that watch! It's very stylish!

Charged up.

R

Thanks R, that's very clear!❤️

Charged up.

R

Apprentice
    Had mine almost 3 weeks now with daily wear and so far has kept correct time to the second with a combination of face up / crown up so well pleased 😀

That strap looks very nice indeed on the B-Uhr.

R

Thanks !

Strap from cheapestnatostraps

That strap looks very nice indeed on the B-Uhr.

R

Journeyman
    Great looking watch I managed to bag no 31.
    The wife even liked it. When I showed her the rear of it she thought it looked amazing.
    I changing the strap to a desert Para from Steveo straps. I wanted to keep the original strap in good condition.

[/URL]

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Inspector Cluedoh View Post
    The wife even liked it. When I showed her the rear of it she thought it looked amazing.
    I changing the strap to a desert Para from Steveo straps. I wanted to keep the original strap in good condition.

[/URL]
    Should read I'm changing the strap.

Very nice Pete! look forward to seeing that

The wife even liked it. When I showed her the rear of it she thought it looked amazing...
    Strangely, even my wife like this B-Uhr the most between all my collections 😅

So this classic time piece might be very popular in female market, (if it could be made in smaller size) perhaps?

^ Beautiful photo of an equally beautiful watch ^

Master
    Blog Entries
    Any owners want to add the number of their PRS-42 to the list below? These are the ones mentioned on this thread:

07 trident-7 Bath
    09 raysablade Newcastle
    15 Dudlei
    31 Inspector Cluedoh Surrey
    50 Lammylee Stockport

01 swanbourne Sheffield
    02 ralphy Devon
    07 trident-7
    Bath
    09 raysablade Newcastle
    15 Dudlei
    50 Lammylee Stockport

​R

01 swanbourne Sheffield
    02 ralphy Devon
    07 trident-7 Bath
    09 raysablade Newcastle
    15 Dudlei
    18 glickman Los Angeles
    50 Lammylee Stockport

01 swanbourne Sheffield
    02 ralphy Devon
    07 trident-7 Bath
    09 raysablade Newcastle