timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Precista PRS-42 - B-UHR Limited Edition

Threaded View

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    Another "absurd on the wrist" shot.

Eddie
    Not at all, looks absolutely fine on your wrist. But there is no denying that it has very long lugs, and in my opinion, and from photo's I've seen, it is hard to pull that off with smaller wrists. This is nothing against the watch, this is an argument that can be levied against any watch, "is it too big for my wrist".

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    fortunately, there is variation in human wrists
    Indeed, hence why i specified the photo's posted, where the wrists clearly aren't large enough. But that is my opinion, hence why I stated that is how fashion works, in that everyone likes their own thing and dislikes others for their own reason.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    I've no idea how fashion 'works', but I don't think the B-Uhr could be described as a fashion watch.

R

I didn't say it is a fashion watch. What I meant was that in fashion, there is no one size fits all, everyone has their own preference, and for me, lugs hanging over the wrist is a no.

Quote Originally Posted by soapy View Post
    its not absurd, do you know the history of this watch its all in Eddies description.

The cabins of German bombers were in most cases unpressurized and unheated. That is why most B- Uhren were fitted with a very long and safety-riveted leather strap with roller buckle so that it could be worn over the sleeve of the thick shearling flight jacket. Some of later versions were delivered on a shorter strap (“Kurzband”) so that they could be worn as a normal watch during missions.
    I'm aware of the purpose for these kinds of watches. It doesn't mean that they look good (to me) when not worn in that context though. You can get watches upto 80mm in diameter which were designed for and works for a set activity, doesn't mean it can be worn as a normal watch without it looking odd.

As I've said, I love the watch, but to me, the lugs do not make it viable for smaller wrists. But at the same time, as you state soapy, it has a history, so I'd rather that it simply isn't for me, than have the design compromised just to appeal to a greater market.
    Last edited by hafle; 1st November 2016 at 10:52.