closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: 250th state of the collection post

Craftsman

250th state of the collection post

Hi everyone. Well, I joined 27th April 2008, so I am hardly a speed poster. Apologies for not contributing more, but for my 250th post I thought I’d do a little “state of the collection” post and on my watch journey. There are a few (excruciatingly terrible) photos attached as well. A couple of watches upside down for good measure, to really annoy people, and none with the correct date. Most need a good clean too.

Anyways...I had an interest in mechanical watches quite early, as I was always drawn to my father’s Omega military issue watch. He’s gifted it to me early, and you can see it in my watch box I still have 3 of my earliest watches from when I was in my ‘teens and have put the last pic in for fun, a cheap Sekonda, a Pulsar Kinetic and a Seiko analogue dress watch with alarm function. A fun watch from my teens I remember (but smashed up jumping off the garage roof drunk at Mike’s house party when his parents were on holiday) was a multi-function battery Pulsar, which the bezel rotated on to change between time, alarm, countdown and stop watch - I used to love watching the hands whizz around.

I have quite a few Omegas (and some birth year ones), being drawn to the brand due to early exposure to that nice Omega WWW. I think all of my Omegas apart from the WWW have been purchased from the forum here, the first one was the Planet Ocean. In fact, most of my watches have arrived via the TZ-UK forum, or of course from Eddie directly. (Oh, by the way still loving the PRS-82). Thanks Eddie for the facility.

Then I have a few Seikos, a Seiko Yobokies mod, a Marina Militaire to try for size, and a Marathon TSAR.

I feel I should narrow down a little, and maybe get a Rolex diver at some point. But every time I think that, I think I should just get a Seiko MM300 and be done with it!

Anyway, sorry again for the awful photos, and thanks for having me these last 8 and a half years or so.

Sean.

Some nice pieces,why are some upside down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't mind seeing a better pic of the Omega top left. It looks like a beauty.

An interesting collection of Omegas and it's not as if you attached the photos upside down, just that a few were upside down in the box.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by mk1974 View Post

My wife's a Kiwi, makes her feel at home :).

(I said in the post a couple were, didn't notice originally).

Quote Originally Posted by SeanST150 View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing a better pic of the Omega top left. It looks like a beauty.
    Thanks. I'll do my best, give me a day or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaunty View Post
    My wife's a Kiwi, makes her feel at home :).

(I said in the post a couple were, didn't notice originally).

Thanks. I'll do my best, give me a day or so.
    Sorry only read a few lines and went straight to the pics

Quote Originally Posted by mk1974 View Post

Hahaha, that was defintely twisting my OCD noodles, seeing watches upside down in the box. Makes me want to reach into the screen to turn them back up again.

Lovely collection, nice to see a good range of Omegas, not all of them what you might call obvious choices. Very cool.

Dave

Really nice collection. The Omega Dymanic chrono is a watch I've always admired, and the Speedies plus the military top left are others I'd give my right arm for.

Hello hello... that looks like my old Yao Yellow Monster! Did you buy it from MakeColdplayHistory by any chance?

If so, it's nice to see it again. Loved that watch...

Simon

No it's not, is it! Wrong hands...

Oh well, good to see another one anyway...

Simon

Craftsman
    Nice collection, although I would have made sure all watches were the right way up :p

Ha! Speedposting your way to 250 in search of SC.
    Shame on you:-)

Nice collection. Well done.
    A Rolex Diver wouldn't be out of pace there.

Well, it's about time! [Pun intended] Well done - nice group.

Fascinating collection - from another slow poster! Congrats.

Craftsman
    Thanks all.

Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    Hahaha, that was defintely twisting my OCD noodles, seeing watches upside down in the box. Makes me want to reach into the screen to turn them back up again.

Lovely collection, nice to see a good range of Omegas, not all of them what you might call obvious choices. Very cool.

Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by Damo View Post
    Nice collection, although I would have made sure all watches were the right way up :p
    Cheers! Didn't notice they were upside down, then thought it will at least annoy somoene enough to comment :)

Quote Originally Posted by Tetlee View Post
    Really nice collection. The Omega Dymanic chrono is a watch I've always admired, and the Speedies plus the military top left are others I'd give my right arm for.
    Nice to have a chrono that isn't humongous. Can get it under a cuff short sleeve for a bit of work variety

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft View Post
    Hello hello... that looks like my old Yao Yellow Monster! Did you buy it from MakeColdplayHistory by any chance?

If so, it's nice to see it again. Loved that watch...

Simon
    Quote Originally Posted by mycroft View Post
    No it's not, is it! Wrong hands...

Oh well, good to see another one anyway...

Simon
    Nope different as you say. Was from SC though. Great for weekends.

Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    Ha! Speedposting your way to 250 in search of SC.
    Shame on you:-)

Nice collection. Well done.
    A Rolex Diver wouldn't be out of pace there.
    Thanks. I do kind of feel a Rolex diver will enter my life at some point. I couldn't sell on the Planet Ocean though, my first prestige purchase and has a special little place in my heart.

Apprentice
    Love the collection. Again from a slow poster...