closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Suggestions on IWC 3251/3706 strap alternative?

Master

Suggestions on IWC 3251/3706 strap alternative?

I have the IWC UTC TZC flieger and original 3706 automatic Fliegerchronograph currently, both on the original IWC bracelet which arguably is the best bracelet ever produced for anything, period.

However I have a hankering to try both on a strap and recently nabbed an 18mm IWC buckle off the SC.

For the UTC I've already tried a few alternative straps - the Di Model waterproof leather one (which I have from my Tutima Miltary) is closest to the original IWC strap, but too thick. I've also tried the Di Model buffalo, which also is too thick, and a Rios buffalo which is OK but too short. (I need a longish length at least 120 x 80). I looked at the original IWC one which is the correct thickness and otherwise 'just right', but currently only available in brown - I want black. (Though it's reasonably well priced for an OEM strap, available from dealers for £150).

For the Fliegerchrono, the gloss aligator original IWC in black is stunning but rather more highly priced at £260.

My question - anyone aware of straps for either of these - a good long length alternative to the Fliegerchrono aligator at less than £260; or a source of UTC-type straps in long length black?

I may end up buying the Fliegerchrono aligator OEM but checking for alternatives first.

Couple of borrowed pics:

Hi,

I wore a chestnut Brown Toshi on my old 3706, (now sadly departed), but I still have the strap, you would be welcome to try it out if you wish, I'd be happy to send on to you, let me know.

BR

Andy

Master
    Blog Entries
    I expect Jacob straps could make you one to order. I know that other owners of the 3227 have got them. I was considering one but i like the bracelet too much

Carl at Gas Gas Bones does a great Horween leather strap, length can be customised on order. Superb quality and value I think.

http://www.gasgasbones.com/ggb-goodi...ween-2821.html

Unfortunately he's temporarily closed for new orders, I expect he'll be back in business soon though.

Master
    Thanks for the suggestions, I went for the Toshi above (though I'm still pondering one closer to the original type) here's some pics: