closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: A little camera advice please..........

Grand Master
    Blog Entries

A little camera advice please..........

I am after a campact camera which has Wi-Fi, I don't have a computer so want to be able to send my pics straight to my iPad.

So am I correct in thinking this is possible with a Wi Fi camera and if so where should my money go (about £500). I do want a modicum of control over and above shooting in auto mode.

I have had a D300 and a X100 in the past but this was a few years ago now.

Any pointers?

I know that a lot of the Sony cameras have wifi

One of the Sony RX100 versions Ben.

They have 4 in the range and I have version 2, well within your budget and the image quality is fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by ben4watches View Post
    I am after a campact camera which has Wi-Fi, I don't have a computer so want to be able to send my pics straight to my iPad.

So am I correct in thinking this is possible with a Wi Fi camera and if so where should my money go (about £500). I do want a modicum of control over and above shooting in auto mode.

I have had a D300 and a X100 in the past but this was a few years ago now.

Any pointers?
    If you liked the X100, what about the Ricoh GR II, it has a 28mm equivelent lens, 16mp APS-C sensor and Wifi

Quote Originally Posted by hoopsontoast View Post
    If you liked the X100, what about the Ricoh GR II, it has a 28mm equivelent lens, 16mp APS-C sensor and Wifi
    I have got one of those too, excellent camera.

It's a technology that I've never used, but it doesn't have to be the camera. See Wi-Fi SD Card and Eyefi. Other products may be available...

Journeyman
    X100t if you liked your x100.

I use the Apple camera to iPad adaptor, easy and quick. And only £20 so spend the money on the best camera not the one with wifi.

Master
    Similar to above, I have the apple SD card adapter. Simple and painless way to copy your photos. Then the iPad or iPhone will sync them to the iCloud and any other photo apps you use.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    It's a technology that I've never used, but it doesn't have to be the camera. See Wi-Fi SD Card and Eyefi. Other products may be available...
    This is probably lack of ability and/or perseverance on my part, but I've tried both and haven't ben completely satisfied with them.

The Sony mentioned above isn't one I've used, but seems to be highly regarded. Another one to look at that's within budget might be the Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX100. The latter has more dedicated controls than the Sony, which may or may not be appealing.

Fuji x70? Looks great (not unlike the rangefinder style of the x100), gives you some manual control that you are after, is bang on budget and above all else gives you those beautiful X-Trans II jpegs to look at :)

Quote Originally Posted by Seabadger View Post
    Another one to look at that's within budget might be the Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX100. The latter has more dedicated controls than the Sony, which may or may not be appealing.
    There's a LX10 currently in the sales corner Ben.

http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...umix-DMC-LX100

Cheers,
    Gary

I've got a Nikon S9900 which takes a nice picture and there's an app to transfer files via wi-fi to the iPad. It's a bit noddy, but it does the job & saves carrying around an adapter. If you can find one, the camera will be a lot less than £500 too..

Cheers,

Plug