closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Bobbers

Bobbers

The new Triumph Bobber look rather stunning.

http://www.bikeexif.com/new-triumph-bobber

Last edited by j111dja; 21st October 2016 at 09:53.

That is a handsome bike, is that straight out of the factory or has a third party company then produced that ?

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    That is a handsome bike, is that straight out of the factory or has a third party company then produced that ?
    Straight from the factory.

Another post, here:

http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...-launch-on-now

Banned
    They had one of these in pro bike Newbury yesterday (I managed to get out on my bike)

This is a modern bobber,the style has all been revived/inspired by the brat style movement

It's a bike built for one thing only riding unencumberd

http://www.mvagusta.com/en-gb/motorcycles/dragster-lh/

I hade a message from blade today the Triumphs on sale now.

Master
    Was there a price anywhere, couldnt see anything from a quick Google...

Banned
    I called blade for you

£10.500 it should arrive in March

they have taken 5 deposits already

http://www.bladegrouptriumph.co.uk/t...m#.WAnme-nbK1s

Master
    Excellent, thanks for that!

That does look nice, although I always think of the bobber style as being an American thing, so it seems a bit odd on a Triumph to me, which I associated more with the cafe racer thing.

Probably wholly unjustified and someone will tell me that the bobber style originated here!

Craftsman
    I didn't know what to expect when I clicked the thread. A thing of beauty that.

It reminds me of my dad's old Ariel 500 twin. He modded it (removed the exhausts, added a racing carb and a wooden seat) for blasting around the field at home.

That thing was a beast and probably why I have mild tinitus!

I think it will sell well.

The engine on the T120 is more than enough for the bike and bringing the torque down even lower in the rev range will make it even nicer.

Harley D will have a job on their hands trying to compete with the Bobber.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Banned
    I cant see how you could tour with it?

yes I know that's not the primary aim but even so

Quote Originally Posted by soapy View Post
    It's a bike built for one thing only posing outside Starbucks
    Fixed.

Banned
    you lot have to come to wheels and waves next June

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    Harley D will have a job on their hands trying to compete with the Bobber.

R
    I totally agree. It will sell like hot cakes as well.

It's probably a bike Harley Davidson should have produced over a decade ago. They are seriously lagging behind in the combination of classic retro styling, build quality and smooth running engines IMHO.
    Last edited by j111dja; 21st October 2016 at 20:13.

Craftsman
    Not a big bike fan, scooters were my thing back in the day but that is very pleasing on the eye!

I'm sure it will do very well, particularly in the USA - and if that style of bike is good enough for David Beckham then it's good enough for m.................nah.

I'll stick with my own,built not bought...but I'll probably pop over the road to the Triumph dealer to try their demo...
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by tucola View Post
    That does look nice, although I always think of the bobber style as being an American thing, so it seems a bit odd on a Triumph to me, which I associated more with the cafe racer thing.

Probably wholly unjustified and someone will tell me that the bobber style originated here!

Triumph TR5, a very similar feel.

Master
    What a brilliant "tight" looking bike, just look at the wheelbase, what a machine.

Quote Originally Posted by j111dja View Post
    The new Triumph Bobber look rather stunning.

http://www.bikeexif.com/new-triumph-bobber

I love that!

It's quite possibly a bit of a mid-life crisis thingy, one of my mates and myself are thinking of getting our motorcycle licences. If I succeed I will definitely consider one of those.

I love the bobber look so even if I don't go for the Triumph it will be a bobber of some sort!

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

That is a thing of beauty, I want - always loved the classic styling for a bike. Not owned a bike in the last 18 years (missus told me to get rid when she was pregnant!) but I know for sure though my wife would kill me dead if I bought one home :(

Quote Originally Posted by Bobafett View Post
    I know for sure though my wife would kill me dead if I bought one home
    Don't tell her.

Master
    very cool.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobafett View Post
    That is a thing of beauty, I want - always loved the classic styling for a bike. Not owned a bike in the last 18 years (missus told me to get rid when she was pregnant!) but I know for sure though my wife would kill me dead if I bought one home :(
    With a forum name like yours it would be a crime not to buy a bobber.

Quote Originally Posted by deryckb View Post
    Triumph TR5, a very similar feel.

I'm afraid I'd have that over the new one.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

I like the illusion of the hardtail, I fell in love with the Triumph Thruxton 900 in the Isle of Man years back, nearly bought one.
    Another pic from the IOM on a very rainy day, cracking bike.

Bit of thread revival here, but has anyone else taken one out for a spin yet?

I went to the launch night at my local Triumph dealer last month and then had a test ride the following day. What an immensely fun bike. If you've read the reviews you'll know the press praise pretty much all aspects, with the only real criticism being ground clearance when chucking it into corners (not really what it's made for though), and the brakes. I was a little bit skeptical of all the love but they weren't exaggerating from what I can tell. I can only fairly compare it to an HD 883 Iron or HD 48, both of which I have only test ridden, but the Bobber is in another league. I've been wanting to 'bob' a bike for a while and was strongly considering a Harley until I rode one, neither of them felt like they had any guts, handling was pretty awful (especially on the Iron which had an interesting wobble through long sweeping bends) and overall I left feeling pretty deflated and disappointed. The pushy salesman didn't help the experience either. The Bobber, though, it's everything I was hoping the Harleys would be and more. I don't know how the figures stack up between the Bobber and the Harleys, but it felt like it had bags more torque and a lot quicker. Handling was incredibly impressive and the bike felt so light and flowed from corner to corner really well, no doubt because of the low centre of gravity. I can understand the gripes about the brakes, but I didn't find them as bad as I was expecting them to be. 2 finger braking was fine and stopping power was adequate. It fell in line with what I was hoping from the bike, everything else exceeded. Incredibly comfortable as well, and that was with the statement seat fitted. It doesn't look well padded, and it's nowhere near as comfortable as the standard seat, but it wasn't a problem for the none stop 1h30 test ride. I'm 5'10" and the seat was back, but not all the way back. It's by no means a tourer but it should be fine for a day out or weekend away.

It's somewhat difficult for me to compare beyond the Harleys since my biking history is purely on sports bikes, so maybe I was just setting the bar too low, but I had an absolute blast on the bike. It's been getting some stick for the name (and what the term represents) and for it's perceived style over substance, but I definitely don't care about any of that having ridden one.

This is quite a funny vid about the bobber and NSFW

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eaphuVXU_Jg