It has basically been covered, but to put numbers on it, I’ve leased an Audi A4 for 3 years, and I’ve paid 30% of its total cash price.
There’s no way had I bought it for cash, I would have only lost 30%, and then I would have had the hassle of trading it in or selling it.
There’s also some damage to the car caused by others from parking in the city. The amount VW Financial services charge for repairs at the end of the lease is cheaper than the cheapest back street spray shop, which surprises most. They are detailed on damage limits and then the costs, so there’s no surprises.

I’m currently awaiting delivery of an Alfa Romeo Giulia, which I will be paying 25% over 2 years.

There’s always a few who rubbish the rental aspect of leasing, but financially it just doesn’t stack up to buy a new car for cash, unless you plan to keep for more than 3 years or do a high mileage.

I’m also not interested in a second hand car. Whilst I do a relatively standard 12k miles, there were always surprising bills at each service and MOT. The fixed monthly amount I pay on lease suits me better.