closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 78 of 82 FirstFirst ... 28687677787980 ... LastLast
Results 3,851 to 3,900 of 4075

Thread: The unified Rolex in the window thread

Quote Originally Posted by jonny View Post
    https://www.watchcollecting.com/for-...x-submariner-5

First time in along time I have seen a used ceramic sub sell for below cost of a new one.(yes there is a 6% buyer fee) but it does seem the premium for Rolex subs is fast evaporating.
    £5,750 back in 2018 so not bad

The two I declined in 2012 and 13 due to hideous case / lugs bracelet proportions were £5000.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Does look to have some reasonable priced watches on that site

No idea what the standard is these days, but this was the first time I looked at a Rolex AD window in a year or so and I was surprised to see two Explorer II, two steel Datejusts, a Day-date and a few bi-colour Subs and GMTIIs.

Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    No idea what the standard is these days, but this was the first time I looked at a Rolex AD window in a year or so and I was surprised to see two Explorer II, two steel Datejusts, a Day-date and a few bi-colour Subs and GMTIIs.

Exhibition only

Quote Originally Posted by Nairn1980 View Post
    Exhibition only
    How can you tell?

How can you tell?
    Maybe the little plaque/sign in the centre?

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    Maybe the little plaque/sign in the centre?
    Good point.

But wouldn't the particular choice of watches suggest they have those models available?

Master
    Good point.

But wouldn't the particular choice of watches suggest they have those models available?
    I wouldn’t think so. More likely some of them could be sold/allocated and are just in the window for x amount of time. I know that’s the case with a couple of watches near me.

Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    I wouldn’t think so. More likely some of them could be sold/allocated and are just in the window for x amount of time. I know that’s the case with a couple of watches near me.
    Isn't that what I said?

Master
    Isn't that what I said?
    I thought you implied that those models were available? To me they aren’t available as already sold, just put on display for a while.

I thought you implied that those models were available? To me they aren’t available as already sold, just put on display for a while.
    This is correct to my understanding. When a watch comes in they put on display for a period of time and then release it to the buyer. That’s what my AD does

100% correct 👍

I despair

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by awright101 View Post
    This is correct to my understanding. When a watch comes in they put on display for a period of time and then release it to the buyer. That’s what my AD does
    …,so my newly acquired watch is an ex-display :( ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pandaballs View Post

So is the last pair of jeans you bought in a shop

Last pair of shoes you bought might have been tried on too.

Quote Originally Posted by pandaballs View Post

Pretty sure this is the case for most models nowadays.

A couple of Skydwellers for sale in the window of Mappin & Webb in Kingston.plus another.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    A couple of Skydwellers for sale in the window of Mappin & Webb in Kingston.plus another.

All PM and not amazing dials so what we would expect but theres definitely a far stronger supply arriving to a fairly subdued demand

RIAC

Nothing worth driving to Kingston in that window…..all the usual undesirable references and anything that is actually sought after is still in very short supply vs true market demand.

What references are actually sought after at the moment. GMT, Daytona?

Quote Originally Posted by boring_sandwich View Post
    You mean you don’t know? 🙄

It’s a much longer list of Rolex watches than the internet would have some people believe…..

Pretty much any stainless steel sports. They have always been sought after, not just in the last 5 year bubble.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Just type in Rolex in eBay and filter completed listings. Quite a lot go unsold but the ones selling with large premiums above list are the most in demand. Daytona, Pepsi GMT and OP celebration are the most popular with the Starbucks and Batman's the next tier down. Most others seem to be less than £1.5k within list.

Some of the discontinued models like the yellow and Coral OP, Hulk are fetching a premium but the prices are definitely trending down.

Most YouTube watch dealers suggesting the market has stabilised but they obviously have a bias view trying to get these people sitting on the fence to come down and buy!

The unified Rolex in the window thread

I literally could not give a fig, but it may be of interest to the wider community.
    The Rolex dealer in Eastbourne (now in the new Beacon Centre, top end of town centre) had lots of models in the window this weekend, all priced up - with no Display Only Models signage, and even had a note saying many more available inside!

There were of course no Submariners or SeaDwellers, but all the rest of the ranges seemed to be there in some form or another.
    Couple of YMs in Rose Gold, 2 Skydweller abomination things, etc.

I assume that means you could walk in and buy one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Craftsman
    Went into an AD last week with no appointment

First time customer and the guy was happy to put me down for a date just. Fluted bezel, jubilee, blue motif dial

Said with date justs once they get notification from Rolex what they are getting they can request specific dials

Asked about the celebration dial OP and said probably early next year

A decent experience all around with no faff and was able to register interest in up to 3 models

Might never get the call but was a good experience and loads to try on which was nice

Master
    One of the pins in my Pepsi came loose and I happen to be in Cribbs Causeway at the moment so I’ve just popped in to Goldsmiths. The lady in there was very helpful and friendly, took it out the back and tightened it. Never had any dealings with them but excellent service.

Not a Rolex heads up, but a Rolex magazine one. They had the number 11 on display and she said that they had just had a new batch delivered and let me have one, so if anyone is after one, worth popping in to a shop.

I thought they were hardish to get recently as I’ve seen them being sold on eBay. Clearly not.

Not a Rolex heads up, but a Rolex magazine one. They had the number 11 on display and she said that they had just had a new batch delivered and let me have one, so if anyone is after one, worth popping in to a shop.

I thought they were hardish to get recently as I’ve seen them being sold on eBay. Clearly not.
    The last time that I asked for a copy of the magazine the AD asked me to bring in the previous edition to prove that I hadn’t flipped it…

Goldsmiths have added the CPO stock to their website. 2021 prices however

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Goldsmiths at Meadowhall Sheffield on Sunday, all the Exhibition only (the little plaque was still there) Rolex watches in the window now have prices on them.

This seems a new development?

Quote Originally Posted by gbn13 View Post
    The last time that I asked for a copy of the magazine the AD asked me to bring in the previous edition to prove that I hadn’t flipped it…
    Very good!
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by chaplad View Post
    Goldsmiths at Meadowhall Sheffield on Sunday, all the Exhibition only (the little plaque was still there) Rolex watches in the window now have prices on them.

This seems a new development?
    You mean that you can now see the price of the watches you can’t buy?!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt.D View Post
    Goldsmiths have added the CPO stock to their website. 2021 prices however

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    It makes you wonder who is responsible for pricing them as they are way out of touch!

In fairness the CPO pricing doesn’t seem to be that different than the previous WoS pre owned pricing for rolex.

Don’t think anyone who was buying yesterday suddenly isn’t buying today.

Master
    Ok, I give up, what’s CPO ?

Certified Preowned i guess

Quote Originally Posted by joe narvey View Post

Chronic Purchase Opportunity

Thank god for that, I thought it was a special language used by the WhatsApp types.

Why ‘certified’?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Why ‘certified’?
    It's Rolex's attempt to muscle in on the pre-owned market with "official certification" and a new, white swing-tag. I could not comment on whether it is also an avenue through which they might try to shift some less popular, surplus stock.

Unfortunately for them, they launched it at the start of the inevitable and violent market correction which most of us saw coming (peak prices being circa Feb-March 2022). There are now not enough rich lemmings to support their slow, expensive and cumbersome CPO model by paying 20% over the prevailing market price for increasingly available watches.

A few main agents are playing along with it out of fear, others not wanting to be a part of it.

https://www.rolex.com/buying-a-rolex...1!144074568419

Even better, have a chortle at some of these prices. £14,200 for a 1993 black trim bicolour Date Sub ?
    https://www.bucherer.com/uk/en/rolex...&start=0&sz=36

It does create a perverse situation where a main agent might display a new watch at £8,000 "...that I cannot sell you. Don't worry, though, as I have a secondhand one you can have for £12,000."
    Last edited by Haywood_Milton; 5th September 2023 at 00:45.

Master
    Yea the CPO thing will be interesting to follow. Certifying a watch costs 500CHF for the dealer and everything has to be sent to Geneva for certificate and photography, which is a hassle with customs etc...

Watch has to be 3 years old at least and dealers are free to set their own price, so it will inevitably come down to how savvy the guys buying in the watches are and how willing the public is to pay extra for a beige card and the warm feeling of buying online from an AD...

Master
    Damn, I was a certain it was Cheeky Pi55ed Otters. Thank you, your version makes slightly more sense

Damn, I was a certain it was Cheeky Pi55ed Otters. Thank you, your version makes slightly more sense
    Close guess.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Haywood_Milton View Post

It does create a perverse situation where a main agent might display a new watch at £8,000 "...that I cannot sell you. Don't worry, though, as I have a secondhand one you can have for £12,000."
    You couldn’t have choosen your words any better; perverse situation indeed. Just mental!

We are in Madeira at the moment, was curious so went into the local AD (David Rosas) she was quite blatant saying they will not sell acRolex to anyone they don’t have a “relationship with” following up with this is Rolex policy.

Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    You mean that you can now see the price of the watches you can’t buy?!
    I think you have summed it up quite nicely there!!

Quote Originally Posted by 744ER View Post
    Yea the CPO thing will be interesting to follow. Certifying a watch costs 500CHF for the dealer and everything has to be sent to Geneva for certificate and photography, which is a hassle with customs etc...

Watch has to be 3 years old at least and dealers are free to set their own price, so it will inevitably come down to how savvy the guys buying in the watches are and how willing the public is to pay extra for a beige card and the warm feeling of buying online from an AD...
    That was Roman Sharf's point. If the buyers are any good, they would be doing it for themselves. As they currently are buying from wholesalers, they will never be able to compete with the Grey Market.
    THIN is the new BLACK

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by andybaird22 View Post
    Went into an AD last week with no appointment

First time customer and the guy was happy to put me down for a date just. Fluted bezel, jubilee, blue motif dial

Said with date justs once they get notification from Rolex what they are getting they can request specific dials

Asked about the celebration dial OP and said probably early next year

A decent experience all around with no faff and was able to register interest in up to 3 models

Might never get the call but was a good experience and loads to try on which was nice

Colleague at work got a datejust, smooth bezel last month in The Trafford Centre. Blue face. Just happened to be looking and they showed the watch to him. Sold. He does go in regularly but hasn't bought anything until now. Has his name down for a Sub.

Received an email from my local M&W over the weekend. They no longer are a stockiest of Rolex and Bluewater Kent is now the local one.

Tunbridge Wells is/ was my local. Odd as the day before Rolex announced they bought Bucharer, M&W changed their display from Rolex to pre owned others makes.

Quote Originally Posted by Haywood_Milton View Post
    It's Rolex's attempt to muscle in on the pre-owned market with "official certification" and a new, white swing-tag. I could not comment on whether it is also an avenue through which they might try to shift some less popular, surplus stock.

Unfortunately for them, they launched it at the start of the inevitable and violent market correction which most of us saw coming (peak prices being circa Feb-March 2022). There are now not enough rich lemmings to support their slow, expensive and cumbersome CPO model by paying 20% over the prevailing market price for increasingly available watches.

A few main agents are playing along with it out of fear, others not wanting to be a part of it.

https://www.rolex.com/buying-a-rolex...1!144074568419

Even better, have a chortle at some of these prices. £14,200 for a 1993 black trim bicolour Date Sub ?
    https://www.bucherer.com/uk/en/rolex...&start=0&sz=36

That is mad. They’ve got my model Datejust listed there for £11500. Mine is currently with Rolex for a service.
    They are nice watches but thats a ridiculous asking price.