closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 71 of 82 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast
Results 3,501 to 3,550 of 4075

Thread: The unified Rolex in the window thread

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by s1wnw View Post
    They said the blue and the green OPs are likely to still be a little trickier to obtain.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Hopes dashed...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by s1wnw View Post
    They said the blue and the green OPs are likely to still be a little trickier to obtain.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Hopes dashed...

Master
    I just declined a day date Roman blue face WG. Lovely looking face. But must be good ..

Quote Originally Posted by joe narvey View Post
    I just declined a day date Roman blue face WG. Lovely looking face. But must be good ..
    Maybe that's the next thread, what have you turned down recently?

Were you on the list for one? Must be good what?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Maybe that's the next thread, what have you turned down recently?

Were you on the list for one? Must be good what?
    I wasnt on the list for one, the AD called to say I could have it if I want it. They look like this:

https://www.rolex.com/watches/day-date/m228239-0007

Master
    Thats really nice! Out of my league but looks fantastic.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    Thats really nice! Out of my league but looks fantastic.
    Friend I was with at the weekend has that model and the blue face looks fantastic on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    Friend I was with at the weekend has that model and the blue face looks fantastic on it.
    White gold, 40mm Blue face day date, has to be the top of the Rolex tree unless you get excited by Milsubs and Comex etc. Definately an end game watch.

Grand Master
    If they offer you anymore to look at let me know I really like them and WG is the most practical solution
    RIAC

Master
    Have to agree that a wg DD would be an exit watch. My only caveat with these is the clasp. I like the (possibly in my head) security of the sub/GMT/seadweller clasp.

Sent from my Nokia 1.4 using Tapatalk

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Robsmck View Post
    Have to agree that a wg DD would be an exit watch. My only caveat with these is the clasp. I like the (possibly in my head) security of the sub/GMT/seadweller clasp.

Sent from my Nokia 1.4 using Tapatalk
    Reassuring click and concealment is cosmetically perfecto

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    RIAC

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    Mate of mine has one too and it’s lovely.

My own DD40’s (I’ve got the White Gold and Everose) both have the Anniversary Olive dial which I adore. Both are easily in my top 5 watches in the collection. There is something just so right about them in every way and the President bracelet is so comfy too.
    Last edited by Gareth-W; 25th July 2023 at 22:50. Reason: Typo

Master
    Cant beat a good DD.

Grand Master

The unified Rolex in the window thread

Given the cost they have smaller lists and thankfully now the restrictions on purchase have been lifted are more available to buy although not main stream still those with the spare income can enjoy. But as most expressions of interest definitely had a financial angle to them those on 'the list' are not proceeding like when they were in the mad period.

All in all an absolute belter of a watch, although at that price they need to be. WG would be my winner in a close race as it is more subtle but that reassuring heft along with the aesthetics and history make it so. Funny how tastes mature. I would never have considered one in the past but Im close to pensioner in Spain age so it feels more age appropriate.
    RIAC

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    Cant beat a good DD.

Lovely. But Id have to sell a few, to enable that purchase.
    Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it. HHGTTG

Journeyman
    Cant beat a good DD.

Which window are you finding this for sale?!

Cool

Cant beat a good DD.

Not yet seen that new flat Green dial in the flesh but Ive heard it looks great.

Prefer the Olive but Im obviously biased!

Grand Master
    The WG Blue dial is right up there with the Olive (which is so good and I feel better than the flat green), starting to see them comfortably at RRP or less now which arguably is actually not a bad deal for the precious metals and that bracelet. The trade offering below RRP eliminates the profiteers and gets them on the wrists of the enthusiasts. Be so nice to see a new dial emerge like a deep red/maroon but who knows.!!

In my top 3 it would be the Olive, Blue, Slate in the WG in that order
    Last edited by 100thmonkey; 27th July 2023 at 10:04.
    RIAC

Onyx dial from the YG on the WG please. Ideally without the baguettes but well see.

Grand Master
    Onyx dial from the YG on the WG please. Ideally without the baguettes but well see.
    Interesting choice, do you not think it looks a bit flat like its not finished being made?
    RIAC

Master
    I went for the WG/olive.

Grand Master

And when you do the 35000 - 8650 test and whilst I am 100% in the DD camp I am looking really hard for 26350 and thinking.......ummmm. I am a physical guy and wear them for work, sports etc so Steel is logical but WG is so warm.
    RIAC

Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    Interesting choice, do you not think it looks a bit flat like its not finished being made?
    Never seen one in real life but look incredible online

Master

And when you do the 35000 - 8650 test and whilst I am 100% in the DD camp I am looking really hard for 26350 and thinking.......ummmm. I am a physical guy and wear them for work, sports etc so Steel is logical but WG is so warm.
    I get that but lets face it, youre never going to be a one-watch man are you?

Always nice to put on something special for the special occasion.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by stefaulkner View Post
    I get that but lets face it, youre never going to be a one-watch man are you?

Always nice to put on something special for the special occasion.
    Let me fool myself into thinking that I am lol. I would love to be a one watch man, have that one watch that you wear come hell or high water and everyone knows you for but you are speaking sense and after all once the house is paid for and kids away the travels and trinkets are the gap fillers
    RIAC

Grand Master
    Never seen one in real life but look incredible online
    Be interesting but possibly flat and the hands could get lost like the chocolate dials
    RIAC

Cool

I went for the WG/olive.

Lovely that. And Everose with Olive

Master
    Let me fool myself into thinking that I am lol. I would love to be a one watch man, have that one watch that you wear come hell or high water and everyone knows you for but you are speaking sense and after all once the house is paid for and kids away the travels and trinkets are the gap fillers
    Well, FWIW, I always associate you with a Panerai 233. How many have you had now? And, I see you have a WTB for one too .

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    Lovely that. And Everose with Olive

I think the Everose is the best of the bunch but, outside of the summer months, my skin tone is very pale and I just dont think I can carry it off.

Grand Master
    Well, FWIW, I always associate you with a Panerai 233. How many have you had now? And, I see you have a WTB for one too .

I think the Everose is the best of the bunch but, outside of the summer months, my skin tone is very pale and I just dont think I can carry it off.
    I hereby declare the next 233 will be my last.

Spot on with the RG you don't want to be a milky wearing that one, WG is understated class and more skintone inclusive. But both superb if that what make you smile. My top tip is being in the trade ruins the sport. You wear and handle so many that that lovely desire fades away. Everything from RM11 to Platinum Pateks and Daytonas all fun on without any expense or worry of repair bills and insurance, however it does get the urge out of the system somewhat
    RIAC

Master
    I hereby declare the next 233 will be my last.
    I think several on here simply will not believe you

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by NigeG View Post
    I think several on here simply will not believe you

Well, I didnt like to say......

Grand Master
    Well, I didnt like to say......
    God lives a trier. Its the one i always return to along with a 2500d PO so must be right
    RIAC

Master
    God lives a trier. Its the one i always return to along with a 2500d PO so must be right
    Ive had a few of those too. Great watches which, in my opinion anyway, wear best on the rubber with deployant.

That said, I keep looking at the 8900 on SC but I shouldnt be spending on watches at the moment .

Journeyman

They're different greens though. In the flesh, very different tones. I could definitely fit both in my collection!

Craftsman
    Well lots in Watchfinder this morning as I said goodbye to my 2021 Rootbeer.
    In the words of their sales guy the secondhand market has really picked up and it very busy again which i didnt believe. But what was interesting is they priced me on that watch 2 months ago then pinged me a message this week increasing their offer 2k.

Quote Originally Posted by 2ptjoe View Post
    In the words of their sales guy the secondhand market has really picked up and it very busy again which i didnt believe. But what was interesting is they priced me on that watch 2 months ago then pinged me a message this week increasing their offer 2k.
    What did you get for it? Plenty of drama when you put it on SC.

Master
    Not that I'm selling but I wondered today what WF would offer for my 5 months old black dial 126200 Datejust - 5k.

Master
    That really is interesting and strange actually.

They do seem to be very random with their pricing when making offers. Sometimes ' we are not buying this model ' and other times a market leading offer. Very weird and in my experience it hasn't been correlating with the stock they have in.

Master
    Some pics of F Hinds in Meadowhall Sheffield this morning

I had an Expression of Interest appointment at Goldsmiths. Which was a pleasant experience but ultimately not very rewarding. Lists closed on most professional pieces but I can go on the list for a TT GMT and Steel Sky Dweller but only in white not blue. OP Im likely to get a Green but not so much a Turquoise and almost zero chance on a Celebration Dial

Some price reductions but not much to write home about

Craftsman
    What did you get for it? Plenty of drama when you put it on SC.
    14.5 k well thats subject to the usual checks.
    I was quoted near 20k at the full madness time but didnt want to sell it but did a check out of interest. Then it went down to 12.5 and back up to the mentioned.

I need the cash now more than the watch hence the sale but first thing Ive done this evening is looking in SC a for anything nice.
    Not sure who that works ! 😁

I was quoted near 20k at the full madness time but didnt want to sell it but did a check out of interest. Then it went down to 12.5 and back up to the mentioned.

I need the cash now more than the watch hence the sale but first thing Ive done this evening is looking in SC a for anything nice.
    Not sure who that works ! 😁
    Not bad all things considered.

I keep eyeing a Seiko SLA and I havent even sold the one I need to yet. Never ends.

Not sure who that works ! 
    There are far better buyers out there than WF. If youve sold at 14,500 you have probably not had the best bid chap

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    There are far better buyers out there than WF. If youve sold at 14,500 you have probably not had the best bid chap
    Who would you recommend

Quote Originally Posted by cyrusir View Post
    Who would you recommend
    Seem to recall that other TZ members have had good experiences with Subdial and Bloombar. The fact that Watchfinder lowballed you first time round would lead me (if I was you) wanting to find another buyer for your GMT..all the best.

Craftsman
    Usual caveats apply and I know its not new and in the window but its a sign things are starting to normalise . Also I know its PM so not as popular as steel

Gold Sub 2nd hand in WoS for what is the RRP

Interesting as its a 2023 model

I know people are starting to see PM models but its good that if you want a PM model you can get it at RRP now from an AD

https://www.watches-of-switzerland.c...hoCr0gQAvD_BwE

Aye, that rushing sound you can hear is the sound of the air leaving the balloon—and it's getting louder.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by andybaird22 View Post
    Usual caveats apply and I know its not new and in the window but its a sign things are starting to normalise . Also I know its PM so not as popular as steel

Gold Sub 2nd hand in WoS for what is the RRP

Interesting as its a 2023 model

I know people are starting to see PM models but its good that if you want a PM model you can get it at RRP now from an AD

https://www.watches-of-switzerland.c...hoCr0gQAvD_BwE

Wow, wonder what they bought it off the customer for

Master
    One has to wonder how a certain Certified Pre-Owned scheme is going for both the brand and the main agents who were convinced to offer it.

Master
    If they offer you anymore to look at let me know I really like them and WG is the most practical solution
    If youre serious and know the price, etc I can check tomorrow if they still have it and connect you. I saw it on Thursday afternoon and it was going into the display case for sale. ( they store of closed at weekends).

Grand Master

If youre serious and know the price, etc I can check tomorrow if they still have it and connect you. I saw it on Thursday afternoon and it was going into the display case for sale. ( they store of closed at weekends).
    If its RG green id be interested or WG and blue and ill be grateful save waiting a few months

Last edited by 100thmonkey; 30th July 2023 at 21:28.
    RIAC

Master
    If its RG green id be interested or WG and blue and ill be grateful save waiting a few months

I was offered WG blue day date. If you PM your WhatsApp number I will message the AD now and revert with an update in the morning.