closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 73 of 82 FirstFirst ... 23637172737475 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,650 of 4075

Thread: The unified Rolex in the window thread

Quote Originally Posted by andybaird22 View Post
    Hi Ryan what m and w was this and was it a fluted bezel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    41mm and SS only not fluted

Master
    That checklist is very interesting, although slightly disappointing to read. LinkedIn, Companies House searches. Always heard it happens but thought it would be a quick check by a store manager out of interest to know who they are dealing with, but to be company policy is a step far.

Now, I had better go and update my LinkedIn to make me sound important...!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    I would doubt there is any discussion with Rolex about allocations to individuals.
    Ok.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    That's the WOS group checklist.
    What a performance.

It's a bloody watch, not a sixteenth century papal indulgence.

Interesting read especially on the checklist etc, unsure how true that it is, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Personally feel I've missed the boat on getting a Rolex, Subs RRP now more than I'd be comfortable spending, OPs also at a price where other watches interest me, I also cannot be bothered with the palaver of registering my interesting interview to then be told no etc.

Slightly off topic, but speaking to Goldsmiths, who I have a smallish spend with and enquiring about a watch, the SA started reading notes about my purchases etc, but also reeled of lots of details regarding my daughter (who is 5) what she enjoys and details regarding my newborn (expected date). Was slightly taken aback by this, but was told it's to create a profile for you.

Quote Originally Posted by McBeardy View Post
    Interesting read especially on the checklist etc, unsure how true that it is, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Personally feel I've missed the boat on getting a Rolex, Subs RRP now more than I'd be comfortable spending, OPs also at a price where other watches interest me, I also cannot be bothered with the palaver of registering my interesting interview to then be told no etc.

Slightly off topic, but speaking to Goldsmiths, who I have a smallish spend with and enquiring about a watch, the SA started reading notes about my purchases etc, but also reeled of lots of details regarding my daughter (who is 5) what she enjoys and details regarding my newborn (expected date). Was slightly taken aback by this, but was told it's to create a profile for you.
    Good grief. I have to check; is this satire?

…enquiring about a watch, the SA started reading notes about my purchases etc, but also reeled of lots of details regarding my daughter (who is 5) what she enjoys and details regarding my newborn (expected date)...
    This is a wind up?

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt.D View Post
    This is a wind up?

No Quartz. For windups they want pictures too
    RIAC

Quote Originally Posted by joe narvey View Post
    Correct, I don’t think I said they were. My understanding is that for the high demand the regional manager will discuss with Rolex.
    Sorry but I'm afraid I am going to have to agree to disagree with you mate. Everything I said about Rolex and their business model was correct for the UK market. I don't doubt what you have said about just WoS Group (not Rolex themselves) is also correct but clearly there are other retailers one can purchase Rolex product from if people so chose.

Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    The 'regional manager' is not a Rolex employee. You're screenshot is describing the internal process of an AD deciding how to allocate watches within their network, nowt to do with Rolex allocating to customers.
    This is just the WoS Group. Other AD's are available to purchase from!!
    Last edited by Gareth-W; 1st August 2023 at 12:16.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt.D View Post
    This is a wind up?

I wish it was, was taken aback when the SA mentioned this, to the point I said I've not discussed any of those details & she said it's nothing to worry about and its just the profile details we have.

Now thinking about it more, yes odd and more worryingly on a GDPR aspect. I will add newborn expected date, was month (not a precise date) & had come up in previous conversations on me purchasing a watch

Presume no one else has come across this?

& no not satire as mentioned above
    Last edited by McBeardy; 1st August 2023 at 12:29.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    Sorry but I'm afraid I am going to have to agree to disagree with you mate. Everything I said about Rolex and their business model was correct for the UK market. I don't doubt what you have said about just WoS Group (not Rolex themselves) is also correct but clearly there are other retailers one can purchase Rolex product from if people so chose.

I have enough experience of buying watches that I wanted from a good AD (WoS) to know the process. I’ve met the branch manager, the regional manager and the Rolex account manager to discuss some of my purchases.

I’m certain there are plenty of other companies and I’m sure they are all fine to deal with.

Master

The unified Rolex in the window thread

I wish it was, was taken aback when the SA mentioned this, to the point I said I've not discussed any of those details & she said it's nothing to worry about and its just the profile details we have.

Now thinking about it more, yes odd and more worryingly on a GDPR aspect. I will add newborn expected date, was month (not a precise date) & had come up in previous conversations on me purchasing a watch

Is it really that unusual that a company that sells life event items wants to track life events ? Christenings, graduations, 16th, 21st, engagements, 30th, retirement, etc etc.I
    Last edited by joe narvey; 1st August 2023 at 12:54.

Master
    Find it odd to see that WoS are so precious about who they sell to. No idea what proportion of the UK Rolex market they have but casual observation suggests that a large number of the Rolex watches they sell are resold PDQ, often unsized and sometimes with stickers still attached.

Is it really that unusual that a company that sells life event items wants to track life events ? Christenings, graduations, 16th, 21st, engagements, 30th, retirement, etc etc.I
    I appreciate that and understand it, guess shocked they had details on my child and what she enjoys. I mean she's 5 as much as she likes pretty things I don't expect her to be shopping in their store anytime soon

If volunteered but in this scenario, it’s been mentioned this wasn’t provided.

Master
    I appreciate that and understand it, guess shocked they had details on my child and what she enjoys. I mean she's 5 as much as she likes pretty things I don't expect her to be shopping in their store anytime soon
    Understood, it does seem disproportionate unless they retained data which they were previously given which obviously should now be deleted.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    Find it odd to see that WoS are so precious about who they sell to. No idea what proportion of the UK Rolex market they have but casual observation suggests that a large number of the Rolex watches they sell are resold PDQ, often unsized and sometimes with stickers still attached.
    I don’t think its about the Rolex. If you have a commodity that sells all day long you can only grow wallet share by a deeper relationship with the client such as selling them wider range of items. By selling the scarce Rolex you develop the relationship and sell the other marques, get your servicing done there, etc.

Goldsmiths is part of WOS hence the correlation with the Biography part of the checklist listed earlier

Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster73 View Post
    What a performance.

It's a bloody watch, not a sixteenth century papal indulgence.
    Indeed, they are just a shop.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Master
    I don’t think its about the Rolex. If you have a commodity that sells all day long you can only grow wallet share by a deeper relationship with the client such as selling them wider range of items. By selling the scarce Rolex you develop the relationship and sell the other marques, get your servicing done there, etc.
    Not sure I agree with that. More like buy this insert cheaper brand here and we will maybe sell you the Rolex you actually want at some point in two to five years providing you buy some more tat you don’t want along the way

Master
    Appears to be legit. I spoke to WoS Broadgate circle and they asked to see my ID before putting me on a list.

Craftsman
    41mm and SS only not fluted
    Cheers mate

Master
    I had a long chat a couple of months ago with the Reading branch, lots of good chewing the fat about watches, asked about how I find the ceramic Tudor etc, being offered PM / 2T but not my cuppa. At the end & buying some earrings it was mentioned they would update my account with some notes.

So either I’m seen as genuinely interested or I’ve made myself out to be a chancer looking for a profit. Hoping not, as whilst not a high slender by any standard there have been enough Tudors, smaller items and other bits over the years & luckily they still have my sub on the system but certainly not in the last 12 months - their fault as much as mine I guess as they can’t sell me what I want & if I buy what I don’t want, I can’t afford what I do want without selling. Catch22!

Quote Originally Posted by beechcustom View Post
    I've been on list since March and was given no timeframes. Going to pop in today to have a look at the new bb54 and Metas 41 and to remind them I'm alive.
    They had a OP41 in silver so I tried it on as I'd always liked the look but feared the light dial would wear too large. It doesn't and it's utterly sublime. The silver dial catches the yellow gold hands and accents such that the dial takes on a warm champagne hue. Anyway, I'm now on the list for that too.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by NigeG View Post
    Not sure I agree with that. More like buy this insert cheaper brand here and we will maybe sell you the Rolex you actually want at some point in two to five years providing you buy some more tat you don’t want along the way

Are we not in agreement here?

Master
    Are we not in agreement here?
    You said “by selling the scarce Rolex you develop the relationship and sell the other marques”. Which implies the sale of the Rolex leads to the sales of other products and services. Not the sale of the Rolex is dependent on you buying other products first

If I have interpreted it incorrectly, sincere apologies.

I have an appointment with my local AD, DMR, next week to discuss progress towards my OP41 Celebration and WG Daytona reverse panda.

Not holding my breath tbh but will take the opportunity to discuss the current supply demand situation from their perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by petay993 View Post
    I have an appointment with my local AD, DMR, next week to discuss progress towards my OP41 Celebration and WG Daytona reverse panda.

Not holding my breath tbh but will take the opportunity to discuss the current supply demand situation from their perspective.
    You have an appointment to discuss progress of your watch orders?

So they will show you how you have progressed through ze list? Or do they collect some data about your wife and kids for their CRM? Any champagne with that?
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Quote Originally Posted by petay993 View Post
    I have an appointment with my local AD, DMR, next week to discuss progress towards...
    "To discuss progress towards"!!

If DMR had required me to submit to "an appointment ... to discuss progress towards" when I bought my 16610 from them I'd have told them to run up a shutter.

Master
    You said “by selling the scarce Rolex you develop the relationship and sell the other marques”. Which implies the sale of the Rolex leads to the sales of other products and services. Not the sale of the Rolex is dependent on you buying other products first

Ok, what you said.

Correct, I don’t think I said they were. My understanding is that for the high demand the regional manager will discuss with Rolex.
    Perhaps just a misunderstanding; my interpretations was that he said Rolex aren't involved in allocation and that you were saying he was wrong because sometimes the Regional Manager decides.

Anyway my belief is that generally Rolex aren't involved with allocating watches to individuals, they allocate watches to dealership groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    I was agreeing with you.

To be fair that sentence can also be read the other way, i.e. by being a seller of Rolex you can form relations to sell other brands, to people who want to buy Rolex down the line. I think you're both agreeing.
    Last edited by M1011; 1st August 2023 at 20:08.

Master

Perhaps just a misunderstanding; my interpretations was that he said Rolex aren't involved in allocation and that you were saying he was wrong because sometimes the Regional Manager decides.

Anyway my belief is that generally Rolex aren't involved with allocating watches to individuals, they allocate watches to dealership groups.

I was agreeing with you.

To be fair that sentence can also be read the other way, i.e. by being a seller of Rolex you can form relations to sell other brands, to people who want to buy Rolex down the line. I think you're both agreeing.
    No point discussing. I know the process, comply with the procedures and get the watches I want. Simples.
    Last edited by joe narvey; 1st August 2023 at 20:21.

No point discussing. I know the process, comply with the procedures and get the watches I want. Simples.
    With respect, that's irrelevant. I'm not questioning your ability to get watches. You jumped in to say another member was wrong, I disagreed.

Master
    With respect, that's irrelevant. I'm not questioning your ability to get watches. You jumped in to say another member was wrong, I disagreed.
    Ok. We disagreed.

Am I missing something?

Ok. We disagreed.

Am I missing something?
    No comment

Master
    Ok. We disagreed.

Am I missing something?
    Yes you are.

Gareth posted to say that Rolex were wholesale and not retail and they don’t tell them who to sell to etc and you said ‘I know this to not be correct’. You were then talking about regional managers making decisions.

What posters were trying to tell you is that this is the watch company you deal with (WoS it sounds like) and the way they operate, but they aren’t Rolex. As Gareth said Rolex are wholesale and don’t make these decisions. Every individual retailer will operate in their own way, so it’s not Rolex.

Doesn’t matter because as you say you’re getting the watches you want, but I think you were confusing people with what you said.

P.S. Rolex do from time to time tell the retailers what they must do. For example holding back the warranty cards - that didn’t end well!

Grand Master
    So Rolex are not masters of marketing then it’s WOS that are!! Because Rolex just send stock to them and they have created a system which makes said Rolex highly desirable and everyone of these Rolex AD’s have simultaneously decided to do this as Rolex do not get involved in who has what and when!?

Thats quite an achievement for all those independent retailers of Rolex to come up with the same plan don’t you think?

Or maybe just maybe Rolex do have some involvement and despite thinking you are best mates with the AD and have a granny who was once the cleaner of the CEO of Rolex’s apartment and she told you that her sisters brother said it is so then so it is

Personally I think Jon is closest to the reality of this situation in respect of the more desirable and difficult to come by models which are not DJ’s and DD’s & Skys
    Last edited by 100thmonkey; 1st August 2023 at 21:43.
    RIAC

Master

Deleted.

Just noticed you’re on my list ! :)

If the retailer shares any personal customer data with Rolex without explicit customer consent, they are breaking the law.

Just saying.

What a performance.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    If the retailer shares any personal customer data with Rolex without explicit customer consent, they are breaking the law.

Just saying.
    I’ve always assumed the expression of interest was the consent mechanism.

Gosh, what a thread.

So a hot Rolex, GMT for example needs a lot of other spend, recent Rolex would be good, other stuff may be taken into consideration.

Maybe Goldsmiths will one day offer me a blue DateJust. Maybe I will take it as a gateway to the GMT I will never get. It’s more likely I’ll turn my back on the whole thing, at least until normal service is resumed. Im not sure there is much in the current lineup worth getting that excited about, all a bit shiny. I’ve decided never again to cross the threshold just to see how my expression of interest is going.

I think I’m going to sit this out, enjoy my collection of 5-digits and carry on pursuing (inexplicably to some) an unloved older Panerai

Dave

Just saying.
    They should not be collecting/holding it in the first place!
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    They should not be collecting/holding it in the first place!
    I actually think this has the making of a decent press / newspaper story to be honest

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    So Rolex are not masters of marketing then it’s WOS that are!! Because Rolex just send stock to them and they have created a system which makes said Rolex highly desirable and everyone of these Rolex AD’s have simultaneously decided to do this as Rolex do not get involved in who has what and when!?
    What people are saying is that Rolex will not have any say on an individuals request for a watch.
    No way WOS are running it by some guy in Rolex to see if they think Swiss Tony is suitable for a John Mayer Daytona.

Just saying.
    100% correct and why GDPR exists.

Any retailer can decide who they sell any consumer product to and that is allocated but that’s the only conduit for handling the customer data and it cannot be shared with a third party, like a manufacturer or wholesaler in the supply chain without express permission being a) asked and b) agreed to.

https://www.watches-of-switzerland.c...n%20conditions.

Scroll down to the 'what personal data do we collect' part

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by funkstar View Post
    Appears to be legit. I spoke to WoS Broadgate circle and they asked to see my ID before putting me on a list.
    So there are ID cards now in the UK?
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

https://www.watches-of-switzerland.c...n%20conditions.

Scroll down to the 'what personal data do we collect' part
    That's not how this works.

This is a website notice. If they collect data in the real life and want to share this with a third party, they need your explicit consent (= description of which data they share with whom and your signature to approve it).

Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post

Thats quite an achievement for all those independent retailers of Rolex to come up with the same plan don’t you think?

Or maybe just maybe Rolex do have some involvement and despite thinking you are best mates with the AD and have a granny who was once the cleaner of the CEO of Rolex’s apartment and she told you that her sisters brother said it is so then so it is

Personally I think Jon is closest to the reality of this situation in respect of the more desirable and difficult to come by models which are not DJ’s and DD’s & Skys
    Nobody is saying that, marketing is clearly handled by Rolex. Of course there will be agreements in place between Rolex and the AD networks (pricing etc). We're talking about managing the relationship with customers and allocating watches, which is surely the purpose of having the AD network.