closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Show me your vintage Omegas... (a late night wasted on eBay is to blame!)

a 105.002!

Last edited by Chye; 7th October 2016 at 08:17.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Chye View Post
    a 105.002!

A real beauty!!

Forgot to post these other ones I have:

Last edited by Plume; 7th October 2016 at 14:52.

Quote Originally Posted by soundood View Post
    Omega Seamaster F300 Blue dial 70s (not my pictures, these are the sellers pictures, it is still in this condition)

I really like that - do let me know if you decide to flip it [cheap ;)]

Quote Originally Posted by Plume View Post

That big sub seconds with the nice lugs is a beauty.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by even neve View Post
    Was waiting for you to post on this thread Neil :) excellent collection, I once had one like the above, but I've sold off most of my old Omegas over the years
    Thanks mate!

I've got quite a few more Omegas but no pics available.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by colin t View Post

Just stunning. I will get one one day, but most currently available have poor paint, or are ridiculously expensive. Will have to stick with my 861 seamaster chrono for now.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    That big sub seconds with the nice lugs is a beauty.
    Thanks much Neil.C, it's also a nice story.
    It's a kind present from a moderator on Omega Forums and his wife--she initially was the intended recipient but found it "too old".
    He saw me posting 1940s watches and very generously sent it my way with a mission to wear it.
    Quite a privilege, and a very gracious gesture.

Craftsman
    Great thread - there are some really nice pieces on here.
    This is mine.

It was inherited from my father in law. It ran well enough and lost 20 to 30 seconds a day but last year it had what my wife believes was its first ever service since being bought in 1968.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Ey-Up View Post
    Great thread - there are some really nice pieces on here.
    This is mine.

It was inherited from my father in law. It ran well enough and lost 20 to 30 seconds a day but last year it had what my wife believes was its first ever service since being bought in 1968.
    A very nice one too, the sparkle on those dials is lovely. Cal 565 IIRC?

Craftsman
    A very nice one too, the sparkle on those dials is lovely. Cal 565 IIRC?
    Thank you the dial is nice and actually quit subtle. I am fairly certain you are right about the 565 but to be honest I have just been to check the service paperwork and I can't find it so that is really bugging me now.
    It's the automatic one where you pull out and push back in to move the date on.

Craftsman
    This is why I love vintage omegas, a similar Rolex thread would be 5 different watches with selection of dials supporting minute differences in font spacing and serif along with the obligatory meet up shot from Hong Kong.

This is a great thread - in fact its set me off again as regards wanting another vintage piece, hence a WTB posted earlier this evening ☺
    Last edited by Velorum; 8th October 2016 at 00:15.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Ey-Up View Post
    Thank you the dial is nice and actually quit subtle. I am fairly certain you are right about the 565 but to be honest I have just been to check the service paperwork and I can't find it so that is really bugging me now.
    It's the automatic one where you pull out and push back in to move the date on.
    I'm sure you'll find it when you take the time to look for it at your own pace on a quiet day…. sorry if I my question may have caused any worry.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by watkins101 View Post
    This is why I love vintage omegas, a similar Rolex thread would be 5 different watches with selection of dials supporting minute differences in font spacing and serif along with the obligatory meet up shot from Hong Kong.
    +1.....It's the sheer diversity that makes them so appealing.

Paul

Thanks much Neil.C, it's also a nice story.
    It's a kind present from a moderator on Omega Forums and his wife--she initially was the intended recipient but found it "too old".
    He saw me posting 1940s watches and very generously sent it my way with a mission to wear it.
    Quite a privilege, and a very gracious gesture.
    Wow.

A lovely gift.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Blog Entries
    Haven't seen one of these make an appearance yet...

Love it and is worn very regualry...

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    Wow.

A lovely gift.
    For sure, and I feel quite lucky for it.

Cool

Several of mine

'67 Seamaster De Ville

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by NenoS View Post

'67 Seamaster De Ville
    That's what I'm looking for, Seamaster Deville in gold , ideally with seamonster logo and no inscriptions.

Buying with my collectors head on, so taking my own advice and prepared to pay a strong price for a minter. Plenty of these in the States, often 14ct with plain casebacks and inscriptions. Weak pound, import tax and over-ambitious prices aren't helpful. A nice 9ct example in the UK would suit me.

Paul

I suppose my soccer watch qualifies as vintage....

Journeyman

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    Here's another of mine, 18ct cal 501 (not my favourite movement!), circa1960. Black dial's refinished, which puts some folks off.......looks stunning on the wrist! Another one that ideally needs a service and a bit of TLC

18ct pie-pan Constellation, 1962. Bought from Mike Wood several years back......when I made an offer below asking price Mike gave the most polite decline I`ve ever heard! Needless to say I didn`t haggle...would've been crazy to let this one slip by!

1950 14ct rose gold Seamaster bumper auto, bought in 1996. Finally restored it to exactly the right condition last year. Dial refinished to get the rose gold correct, genuine Omega NOS handset, serviced, running like a good 'un, and waterproof to 3 bar!

Bought this one 10yrs ago for £90 off ebay . Seller was in Athens. I`ve fully refinished it, replaced the glass and crown. another one that could use a service. The gold links in the bracelet are solid 18ct, as is the bezel. A real 70s watch, on my wrist at the moment. Love it or loathe it, it's unusual!

Here's the 166.032 after refinishing. Circa 1969, larger than most vintage watches at around 36.5mm exc crown. Must get it back on the bracelet.

That's all for now!

Paul
    I really like the day date with the gold links. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's what I'm looking for, Seamaster Deville in gold , ideally with seamonster logo and no inscriptions.

Buying with my collectors head on, so taking my own advice and prepared to pay a strong price for a minter. Plenty of these in the States, often 14ct with plain casebacks and inscriptions. Weak pound, import tax and over-ambitious prices aren't helpful. A nice 9ct example in the UK would suit me.

Paul
    Thanks Paul.
    My late father was the first owner.
    Seamaster logo on the back as you wrote.
    Regularly serviced at Omega, it runs - 2-3 sec a day.

Grand Master
    One of the posh shops in London (can`t remember which) has the Seamaster 166.032 exactly like mine for sale, reduced from £1495 to £995. Saw it in the window on my recent Wembley Rugby League final trip.....had too much beer to remember where I saw it! It's certainly a rare one, I`ve seen several with silver hands and batons and I`ve seen a few with just the date (cal 565 movement, mine's a 752). The watch has a bit more 'presence' than many of the smaller vintage watches. I spent ages refinishing mine correctly, not the easiest to do. The grained finish on the bezel is tricky to get right, but that applies to most watches with grained and polished finishes.

Definitely one of my all-time favourite watches, I had a gold-capped one which I sold a few years ago and I sometimes wish I`d kept it.

Paul

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by NenoS View Post
    Thanks Paul.
    My late father was the first owner.
    Seamaster logo on the back as you wrote.
    Regularly serviced at Omega, it runs - 2-3 sec a day.
    Super watch, and the sentimental value makes it special for you.

This has jogged my memory, I know someone who owns a similar watch and I might chase him up to see if he wants to sell it!

Paul

Super watch, and the sentimental value makes it special for you.

This has jogged my memory, I know someone who owns a similar watch and I might chase him up to see if he wants to sell it!

Paul
    Thanks again Paul.
    BTW, I have Certina Water King, very similar look as your 166.032.

Craftsman

Vintage Omega

Recent purchase, knowing that it needs to get a service and bit of a refurb. Think it will be going to STS as they seem to be the most recommended.

images upload
    Last edited by simonoakey; 9th October 2016 at 12:33.

Journeyman
    Here's my big triangle seamaster

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Having seen this in the metal its absolutely lovely, one of those watches which wears much better than it looks in pictures.

Bought this one 10yrs ago for £90 off ebay . Seller was in Athens. I`ve fully refinished it, replaced the glass and crown. another one that could use a service. The gold links in the bracelet are solid 18ct, as is the bezel. A real 70s watch, on my wrist at the moment. Love it or loathe it, it's unusual!

Some super looking watches here.

This is my Seamaster:

Quote Originally Posted by Tim63 View Post
    ...seem to have more than my fair share...

image upload with preview
    That is truly lovely.

Cream of the crop... I always wanted a Pie Pan Constellation with arrowheads. 40th birthday present - and it looks as good as anything out there!

This one gave me a few issues when I picked it up... now the second hand stutters around the dial but keeps great time and looks good on fabric

I love the patina on this one...

Grand Master
    Stuttering seconds hand is a relatively easy fix. There is a small spring which tensions the seconds pinion and prevents this, but if it's adjusted too strongly the amplitude drops significantly because there's more resistance in the wheel train. The trick is to adjust the spring tension to just prevent the stuttering; if this is done correctly it'll only drop the amplitude by around 5° which is fine.

Paul

Seamaster Calendar.1958. Bought from SC.

Master
    One of my 70's seamasters.

Snowman, the one you first posted is really cool with that yellow lining and textured silver dial!
    Just reading back and spotted this.

It is nice (good size too, for regular wear, I think) - It's a 166.066 "big yellow" Seamaster with what 'some people' described as "Omega's best movement ever", the Cal 565.

I see another in the thread too - It came with a silver chapter ring too, but yellow lifts it a bit, I think.

M

It is the only Omega I have its just vintage 1985 speedmaster moonphase moonwatch

Sent from my SM-A5100 using Tapatalk

Master
    A couple of very different Constellations.

I have the original bracelet for this one but I prefer it on leather (ostrich in this case):

I have 2 of these f300s. Rubbish photos but I was trying to catch the dial textures:

walkerwek1958, I really like the 166.032.

There are some great watches on this thread. I’d love a Seamaster chrono like Neil C’s.

Apprentice
    First post on the forum though I've been lurking for a while. Here's my Seamaster De Ville at the present time. The dial is lovely on this one but it's been running like a dog so Brendan to the rescue with his superb work. Looking for a new strap for the watch so some suggestions would be welcome.

Last edited by LeeTurner; 11th October 2016 at 09:44.

Oh dear, I just knew this thread would lead to un-natural stirrings....I owned a lovely Seamaster 176.007.....and stupidly sold it. Now I see a few very smart examples and wonder why I got rid. What I was unaware of at the time was the number of slight variations on the hour markers. Does anyone have intimate knowledge of this model, any guidance appreciated via PM.

Bin that request, just found a whole host of info on the movement and case!!!
    Last edited by Tim63; 11th October 2016 at 10:02.

Show me your vintage Omegas... (a late night wasted on eBay is to blame!)

Quote Originally Posted by Tim63 View Post
    Oh dear, I just knew this thread would lead to un-natural stirrings....I owned a lovely Seamaster 176.007.....and stupidly sold it. Now I see a few very smart examples and wonder why I got rid. What I was unaware of at the time was the number of slight variations on the hour markers. Does anyone have intimate knowledge of this model, any guidance appreciated via PM.

Bin that request, just found a whole host of info on the movement and case!!!
    Are you sniffing around the blue dials again?

In my humble view, the applied indices are the ones to go for, and the richness of the blue on these dials far exceeds that of the other options. For some reason the lume also seems to stand the test of time better on these dials.
    Last edited by colin t; 11th October 2016 at 10:46.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by hafle View Post
    Just stunning. I will get one one day, but most currently available have poor paint, or are ridiculously expensive. Will have to stick with my 861 seamaster chrono for now.
    That's fabulous, have just read your original post about the original purchase and restoration.

Craftsman
    Any excuse...

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by ed335d View Post
    A couple for me - MKII

Oooooh. Lovely.

Are you sniffing around the blue dials again?

In my humble view, the applied indices are the ones to go for, and the richness of the blue on these dials far exceeds that of the other options. For some reason the lume also seems to stand the test of time better on these dials.
    Bang to rights...again!!!
    I thoroughly agree on the applied indices, just love the way they can catch the light. Lovely example....