closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Fortis

Apprentice

Fortis

Hi,

Any Fortis Owner/Owners here to share some views, I like Marinemaster Model in Classic,Blue, Yellow and classic Chronograph.

Regards

Dizy

Master
    I've had a full lume B-42 Marinemaster for quite some time. Nice piece of kit to my eyes. The lume's quite different, the bracelet's well built.

Master
    Well made and look great.....but quite heavy and wear relatively large with those chunky, long lugs. I'd have another though.

Apprentice

Fortis

Here's my Mars 500 watch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Prontouk; 27th September 2016 at 22:19.

Apprentice

Fortis

Just found nice photo of my favourite Fortis in my collection, will add once I can get it off computer !!

Did it !!

Last edited by Prontouk; 27th September 2016 at 22:55. Reason: Trying to add photo properly

This is the watch that's been in my collection longer than any other. I bought it sometime back in '07, sold it briefly in about 2011, replaced it with the Kosmonaut, then sold the Kosmonaut after a year and bought the MarineMaster back from the same guy I'd sold it to.

As you've probably surmised, I'm a fan. It's a solid, well built diver with an ETA movement. Some people knock the lack of a screw down crown, but water resistance is a product of gasketing and water pressure. The MarineMaster actually was selected by Watch Time Magazine as the best of about six divers they tested several years back. The screwed lugs are by far the best thought out design I've ever seen for strap changing.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by benny.c View Post
    Well made and look great.....but quite heavy and wear relatively large with those chunky, long lugs. I'd have another though.

I have a baby wrist, is it chunky or heavy?

Master
    Both (for me at least).

Master
    I am definitely a fan of the now-discontinued B-42 Stratoliner Chrono (Panda) and have been trying to find one for ages. The new Cosmonaut models with ceramic bezels look superb too!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-MB1HHYm9g

SGR

Apprentice
    Apart from Jura any other places selling Fortis?

Quote Originally Posted by dizy View Post
    Apart from Jura any other places selling Fortis?

Page & Cooper, some great prices on their Fortis Stock too

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by AAddict View Post
    Page & Cooper, some great prices on their Fortis Stock too
    Cheers for the info, they haven't got the one I like.

Master
    I used to have a B42 Cosmo... big heavy thing in Stainless Steel when combined with the bracelet... but that wouldn't put me off having another.

Now got the polar opposite... probably the lightest Fortis possible in plastic.

I love my Marinemaster, but as others have said it's a big hefty beast especially on the bracelet (which is fantastic and looks the best of all the strap options imo). However, I don't wear mine daily, in tends to be a night out/weekend watch, I'd definitely consider the titanium cosmonaut or the titanium marinemaster (which comes without a saw-tooth bezel) if I had to wear it all the time to reduce the heft. I'm also not a big fan of the new bezel or 15 minute markering, but if I had to pick one, I'd be getting this https://www.jurawatches.co.uk/collec...m-watch-ft-460

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Gromdal View Post
    I love my Marinemaster, but as others have said it's a big hefty beast especially on the bracelet (which is fantastic and looks the best of all the strap options imo). However, I don't wear mine daily, in tends to be a night out/weekend watch, I'd definitely consider the titanium cosmonaut or the titanium marinemaster (which comes without a saw-tooth bezel) if I had to wear it all the time to reduce the heft. I'm also not a big fan of the new bezel or 15 minute markering, but if I had to pick one, I'd be getting this https://www.jurawatches.co.uk/collec...m-watch-ft-460
    Good watch, I prefer leather or rubber strap than steel

Master
    I am not an owner yet but the new fortis cosmonaut is such a treat to look at!
    Fratello watches had a very good review about them a few weeks back

Master
    I think in terms of dial layout they will really do sing. A nice option if you don't want to go down the typical Breitling Route. Their pilot watches are exception value when compared to options like IWC

Master
    Just a further note I've only ever seen 2 in the wild. Which markets do they compete most in? I assumed they might be big in Germany / Scandanavia but not sure why I came to that conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark lowman View Post
    Just a further note I've only ever seen 2 in the wild. Which markets do they compete most in? I assumed they might be big in Germany / Scandanavia but not sure why I came to that conclusion.
    While on vacation in Cancun I came across a watch shop in a high end fashion mall that featured Fortis. They also were carrying Breitling and Montblanc, IIRC. But like you, I've never seen them anywhere else in the wild.

Journeyman
    I have Fortis Flieger 24 h. One of my favourites.

Some time ago I wrote a review on 24h Fortis Fliegers
    http://forums.watchuseek.com/f5/fort...-a-970339.html

Apprentice
    I do like this one

https://www.watches.ag/media/image/7...10_600x600.jpg

Master
    I have one of these

No issues on quality, good value for the price paid

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by benny.c View Post
    What a fantastic photograph.

I've had three over the years but only the Cosmonaut Chrono remains. Fantastic brand that is underrated.

Master
    A kind member sold me this recently so I'm definitely a Fortis fan

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave O'Sullivan View Post
    What a fantastic photograph.
    Thanks

Had Flieger for 2-3 years. Indestructible watch. I know because of I used it in rock climbing gym. Had scratches on mineral glass, but case was in pristine condition when i sold it. Really loved low profile, green hands and markers. Still miss it, but had to sell to buy spedmaster.

Craftsman
    Never had one but ive always wanted an auto .Seeing them in a shop display iwas blown away by the quality finish.A lot of watch for the money, On the hit list for the stunning chrono

Had one, a cream dialled job with a Valjoux 7750. Excellent watch, a bit chunky on the wrist. The only "issue" was self-inflicted, as I have fists of ham and over-tightened one of the tiny screws which holds the bracelet on. The screw sheared off, and the end result was that I needed to buy a new bar (like a solid spring bar) and two screws. Neither easy to find, nor cheap.

The watch itself was great.

Slight thread derail (sorry) but seeing as this thread has attracted the forums fortis experts I hope it's a good place to ask...

A while ago there was a watch on sales corner which was essentially a Russian knock off of one of the fortis designs. Sadly, I can't find the post, or remember the Russian brand or the exact fortis it was a copy of. I think I remember the sale blurb saying fortis asked them to cease and desist but that's about it.
    I do remember I liked it though and thought 'I'll get myself one of those one day'. But given I don't know the brand or the fortis it's based on my forum searches and eBay trawling have been fruitless.
    Anyone have any idea what I'm waffling on about?

I think you are thinking of the Pilot 3133 Aviator 1??

http://www.russtime.com/poljot-aviat...?cPath=136_115

Quote Originally Posted by Crazytrain View Post
    Slight thread derail (sorry) but seeing as this thread has attracted the forums fortis experts I hope it's a good place to ask...

A while ago there was a watch on sales corner which was essentially a Russian knock off of one of the fortis designs. Sadly, I can't find the post, or remember the Russian brand or the exact fortis it was a copy of. I think I remember the sale blurb saying fortis asked them to cease and desist but that's about it.
    I do remember I liked it though and thought 'I'll get myself one of those one day'. But given I don't know the brand or the fortis it's based on my forum searches and eBay trawling have been fruitless.
    Anyone have any idea what I'm waffling on about?

I have a Fortis Classic Chronograph and also bought a Fortis metal bracelet for it too.

My only gripe is that the lume is pretty weak??

This one seems to have the oddly coloured chronograph second??

Quote Originally Posted by odyseus10 View Post
    I think you are thinking of the Pilot 3133 Aviator 1??

http://www.russtime.com/poljot-aviat...?cPath=136_115
    That's the beaver! Thanks - I'd tried Poljot aviator in eBay but that description seems to cover a variety of styles and that one never popped up. Ta...