closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: IWC Pilot ser no. 3595688 stolen in South America

Apprentice

IWC Pilot ser no. 3595688 stolen in South America

Hi

We were in Buenos Aries last week and I was mugged in broad daylight on a busy(ish) street and my IWC Pilot Mk vi was stolen. Nothing else was taken (not that I was carrying anything valuable) and luckily there were no injuries. We were told by the tour guide the streets were safe in daytime but apparently not! We were warned about flashing ostentatious jewellery and watches but the modest IWC (black face, black alligator strap) did not, I think, fall into this category. I know it is a very long shot but does any know the best places to advertise worldwide the serial number, etc of stolen watches just in case it should turn up somewhere?

The morals of the story I think are: don't believe anything a tour guide tells you and buy a cheap and cheerful watch to wear in dodgy places.

I'm sad to hear that. What a horrible thing to happen. I hope there's something you can do to track it down again... I would start with a call to IWC with the serial number, and see what they suggest.

I'm sorry that you received such poor advice, your final sentence is pertinent. I'm about to board a flight to Caracas with a G-Shock on. I hope that the insurance coughs up without delay and that the experience hasn't put you off visiting South America again, although I wouldn't recommend Venezuela at the moment.