closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Ford Focus RS

Ford Focus RS

Hi
    Had a test ride in one on these yesterday. Amazing power and grip. The interior was average but the noise amazing.
    Just over £30k

Has anyone here got one or had a go?

Andy

Had a go in one around Donington. It was faster around there than a V8 Vantage, in particular the brakes were stunning and it put the power down with no drama at any point through the turns. Very impressive.

Very good friend of mine has one on order having test driven one in July. He was smitten and is very excited. Doesn't add much but he said he was far more excited about that than spending similar money on something more 'exotic'.

Journeyman
    Good cars and will work out very cheap to own due to massive residuals.

They've almost become too good tho. Lack a certain drama, but that comes part and parcel of being awd and the security/all weather ability that brings.

Banned
    Bought one on release, so not the latest variant, but I specced mine up and made money on resale over a year later.

A real hoot and pretty well put together. It turned heads, but not for it’s looks - you could hear it way before you could see it!

Quote Originally Posted by burnsey66 View Post
    Bought one on release, so not the latest variant, but I specced mine up and made money on resale over a year later.

A real hoot and pretty well put together. It turned heads, but not for it’s looks - you could hear it way before you could see it!

I love the previous model in the green. My local ford dealer offered me a blue one in the summer. 6000 miles from one local owner, £24000. I was seriously tempted

The RS seem to really hold their value. I think it was an auto car review that stated the latest ones residue would be 51% after 3 years but I can't seem them dropping by that much

Master
    Blog Entries
    Went out with a mate of mine in his RS it's running 450 bhp all I know it's bloody fast and sounds awesome popping cracking all over the place. Great fun. He said he paid 21k two years ago it's a 2010 he is up for selling it and as been offered 21k. Not bad.

I've been a passenger in the new one, it felt completely uneventful and a relaxing and boring drive. But I know the driver wasn't in the mood to put his foot down.

That said, I've driven one myself at the Millbrook proving ground. It is spectacular. Nothing else I was in that day (including a Nissan GTR and Merc GTS AMG) felt anywhere near as exciting. The sound was just superb and the power felt accessible all the time, never did I feel I wasn't in control of the car. Add to that the vast cost differential and you really can understand why there is a massive waiting list and strong residuals.

If I was to spend that amount of money on a car, and didn't have to worry about running costs (I do a lot of motorway driving for work) there probably wouldn't be anything else on my shortlist.

Great car!

They look spectacular in the metal when in Nitrous Blue. Don't need a car that size, will never use the power, still want one :D

The Mustang looks good too, and I absolutely love my Fiesta ST. Not to mention the GT that looks incredible. Ford are certainly on it right now

Edit: I should add, it looks like Ford are readying an even more mental RS, prototype has been spotted of what is believed to be a new RS500 model...
    Last edited by jounetsu; 25th September 2016 at 22:43.