closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Miyota movement ID?

Miyota movement ID?

Chaps,

Would anybody be able to ID a movement for me?

This is my Mother in Law's watch, and it's stopped working - I've changed the battery but that hasn't helped - there was a quantity of green gunge inside so I'm guessing the seals have failed and sweat has corroded something it shouldn't have. I've cleaned the movement but it still doesn't want to know, so my next option is to replace the movement.

Looking at it, I thought it was the venerable 2035, but on closer inspection, the battery retainer is different, it has a single jewel and, crucially, it's smaller!

In this pic, the movement to the left is a 2035, and the one I need to replace is on the right

There are no identifying marks, but if anybody recognizes it or has an idea on a compatible replacement, I'd be grateful

Cheers

Richard

Master
    Not easy to identify without being able to run a vernier caliper over it, but the complete Miyota listing is here >>>> http://www.citizen.co.jp/miyota_mvt/

Craftsman
    Is it a two hand watch? If so a 5Y20 might fit as a replacement, but ideally need the ligne measurement of the movement.

Journeyman

Motors 2035

These movements are so cheap there just not worth messing around with