closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Benarus Moray 40mm

Benarus Moray 40mm

This arrived today - I traded my Helson Sharkdiver (40mm) for it. It's nice to have a Benarus again as I owned a brown dial Moray 2 a couple of years ago. That was a considerably bigger watch than this one though, which is the main reason I moved it on. If I remember rightly I traded it for the Sharkdiver so I seem to have come full circle :)

Anyway the new arrival is very nicely made with stainless steel case, 1000m water resistance, domed sapphire crystal, unidirectional bezel, screw down crown etc etc. This is the smaller version so dimensions are 40mm across the bezel (44mm including the crown) x 49mm lug to lug x 16mm thick, lug width is 20mm & dial/crystal diameter is 31mm. Initially I thought the watch was too thick for the diameter but it wears extremely well & despite the thickness (part of which is down to the domed crystal) it sits nicely on the wrist, not sure it'll fit under a shirt cuff though!

Fit & finish seems very good with a nice even all over brushed finish, a 120 click bezel that lines up exactly at 12 & a nicely engraved case back & crown. If this is anything like my Moray 2 then I'm expecting the lume to be very bright & long lasting, time keeping should be good as the watch uses the Miyota 9015 which hacks, hand winds & has a quick set date.

I've been a bit off watches recently but I'm liking this one very much indeed - the Helson was a great watch but it had fallen out of favour for whatever reason so I'm glad I've moved it on for a watch of similar spec/quality.

Apologies for the rubbish photos :(

Thanks for reading/looking & I'll answer any questions if I can :)

Lovely watch

I had one a while back

Built like a tank, supernova lume and a good size on the wrist. Bit top heavy though, which was why I eventually flipped it.

Looks nice. I've got a Moray Vintage that I picked up last year that I really, really like. Lume is torch-like as well.
    Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

Journeyman
    I always liked Benarus, one day I settled for a first generation Moana Pacific. But I was never happy with the bezel, which looked a bit cheap, so I eneded up selling it. I should've gone for the Benarus instead, lovely watch

like my Moray too :)