closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Has Tudor failed (again) in the UK?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by IanSmithISA View Post

The answer seems to be yes, I have a Black Shield and was disappointed to see my local Fraser Heart reduce them from £3540 to £2840, that's a £700 reduction or a £400 from the £3270 price when they were first released.
    Sorry to say, but you picked one of Tudor's worst models.

Journeyman
    Was in my local AD a couple of weeks ago looking at another Brand, and talk about Tudor came up as I have one and they said that they had been selling well in their shop.

Craftsman
    The Blackshield is pvd and a niche watch in that respect. I quite like the different look it offers.

I think the other offerings are more mainstream and seem to hold value a bit better. The closing down sales do trigger some good deals now and again.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Master
    They seem to hold their value as well as Omega pretty much, which is quite an achievement considering they're basically a new brand IMO. Yes, they've been around years but until the Black Bay, most people didn't know anything about them, so in this latest incarnation, I wouldn't say it's struggling at all.

The only issue is a lot of dealers seem to be losing Rolex status and therefore Tudor go with them, so these 30% sales don't do the brand no favours. This is why Zenith are poorly viewed here due to easy discounts, but in places like Switzerland, they're held in much higher regard. With Tudor, you are basically getting a Rolex for half the price apart from small areas such as the clasp which still needs improvement on some models.

The harrods and Bucherer models buck the trend by going for premiums, and the GMT & 58 will certainly be massive sellers as they're excellent VFM. I can't wait for the GMT!

Master
    Interesting what you say about Zenith being held in high regard elsewhere. I think they are seriously under-estimated here. Bad marketing will do that. But some great El Primero based watches. Classics.

Apprentice
    Good morning,
    Quote Originally Posted by mangoosian View Post
    The Blackshield is pvd and a niche watch in that respect. I quite like the different look it offers.
    I hope not and it certainly doesn't feel like a metal case. :-)

I bought it as it was ceramic and the idea of a mechanical watch which nobody needs in a fragile ceramic case appealed.

Feel free to call me naive but I was hoping that Tudor would follow Rolex and not be authorizing such big public discounts as they have now established a principle for the brand, its a fashion brand.

Given that Black Shields were sold at £3270 for most of their life the recent price hike and drop isn't likely to encourage anyone who wanted one to buy one, so it is a lose for the dealer, the brand and existing owners.

A much better solution would have been for a blind eye to be turned and more of them appearing on the grey market web sites.

Bye

Ian

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by IanSmithISA View Post
    Good morning,

I hope not and it certainly doesn't feel like a metal case. :-)

I bought it as it was ceramic and the idea of a mechanical watch which nobody needs in a fragile ceramic case appealed.

Feel free to call me naive but I was hoping that Tudor would follow Rolex and not be authorizing such big public discounts as they have now established a principle for the brand, its a fashion brand.

Given that Black Shields were sold at £3270 for most of their life the recent price hike and drop isn't likely to encourage anyone who wanted one to buy one, so it is a lose for the dealer, the brand and existing owners.

A much better solution would have been for a blind eye to be turned and more of them appearing on the grey market web sites.

Bye

Ian
    Sorry my mistake. It looks PVD. Did not read the specs.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

northward
    I feel like this thread has aged badly. The Pepsi GMT will be a sensation when it comes out, especially at that price

Master
    Slowly but surely, Tudor will be the go to option in the mid market, just below Omega price wise.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Berty234 View Post
    Slowly but surely, Tudor will be the go to option in the mid market, just below Omega price wise.
    They're actually substaintially below Omega in price.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JP Chestnut View Post
    For now!

Quote Originally Posted by JP Chestnut View Post
    Depends on model. Basic divers are around the same as a SMP300m.
    It's just a matter of time...