closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Couch-Johns & Wiley Ltd, Strand, London

Apprentice

Couch-Johns & Wiley Ltd, Strand, London

Hello

I unfortunately placed a pocket watch in the care of Couch-Johns & Wiley Ltd last year for repair, since then they've dissolved and closed their shop on the Strand in London.

If anyone knows who their watch repairer is so I can arrange to get the pocket watch back I would be most grateful.

Many thanks

Daniel

Blog Entries
    Don't know the answer to your question but have you tried speaking to the (former) officers of the company? The director and company secretary are listed on the Companies House website with what appear to be their home addresses: https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/07122733/

Apprentice

Couch Johns & Wiley

Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    Don't know the answer to your question but have you tried speaking to the (former) officers of the company? The director and company secretary are listed on the Companies House website with what appear to be their home addresses: https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/07122733/
    Hi Mark

Thanks for the message and apologies for the delay in responding.

I have tried but they don't respond and several other people in the same situation have tried as well. It appears things went very wrong with this company and left people without treasured items and money.

Kind regards

Daniel

Blog Entries
    Blimey. Very odd, especially since the company was dissolved voluntarily if I recall correctly.

How much is the pocket watch worth? It might be worthwhile consulting a solicitor if the watch is worth enough. I believe it is legally possible to issue an injunction which compels the directors to tell you what you need to know but of course it's only worth spending the money on that if the watch is worth it.

Failing that, knocking on doors is entirely reasonable behaviour, although you should document everything you do to prevent accusations of harassment.