TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Westworld

Master
    The only way they could show us more of Thandie would be to X-ray her

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.D View Post
    We've been so spoiled by her nakedness that I still wasn't fully sated by this episode..... Is that greed?

I have really enjoyed this so far. The only issue I had with episode 6 was the scenes between Thandie and the two technicians, where it just seemed a really blunt, unrealistic way of purely progressing the storyline and Thandie's path to self awareness. The technicians just didn't seem to act in a realistic way to Thandie's persuasion.

Don't understand all this 'Thandie' love..

...she's a bit too skinny for my liking! :)

My wife's decided to get onboard with the show now so I've re-watched the first two episodes and I'm agree with Tony's observations below...

Okay, there's a lot you guys are missing here, so for clarity...

William and the MiB are almost certainly one and the same person. William's timeline is thirty years ago, whilst the MiB is in the present. What we don't yet is what changed him into the brutal killer he is now, but I'm sure it'll have something to do with Dolores.

There's probably a third timeline, when the man who appears to be Bernard is conducting his conversations with Dolores. The popular view is that he's actually Arnold, at a time before William and Nolan enter Westworld.

If the above is correct, then Bernard is some kind of Arnold clone, probably with the same consciousness uploaded. And no, he couldn't see himself in the photo, because he wouldn't have been allowed to, and it's also why he didn't know about Arnold in his conversation with Ford when he clearly would/should have done.

The reason that the MiB can do whatever he likes is that his company effectively own Westworld now (there were hints of this in one of the earlier episodes).

That's all I can think of for now but I have to admit, I'm absolutely loving it!

Quote Originally Posted by unkychris View Post
    I have really enjoyed this so far. The only issue I had with episode 6 was the scenes between Thandie and the two technicians, where it just seemed a really blunt, unrealistic way of purely progressing the storyline and Thandie's path to self awareness. The technicians just didn't seem to act in a realistic way to Thandie's persuasion.
    That's assuming the lab techs are human...and she's already becoming self aware enough to have a visitor 'kill' her to get back in to the lab.

I thought the scene of her walking through the factory (and the strong version of that Radiohead song) was superb.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff W View Post
    That's assuming the lab techs are human...and she's already becoming self aware enough to have a visitor 'kill' her to get back in to the lab.

I thought the scene of her walking through the factory (and the strong version of that Radiohead song) was superb.
    Agree, that scene was very powerful.

Master
    Alas, I’ve had my fill of Thandie’s boobs (and the others') – nodded off during episode six, and haven’t had the slightest inclination to suffer those same 25-30 minutes, again, let alone the remaining 20 or so.
    Have really only persevered since episode four due to what’s been written here – but I really just CBA with something that is effectively as dull as dirty dishwater.

I'm finding it interesting rather than gripping. There needs to be some major plot twists / developments soon to keep me watching.

I'm hoping it'll be like Game of Thrones where the last couple of episodes in a season are normally amazing

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by watchcollector1 View Post
    I'm finding it interesting rather than gripping. There needs to be some major plot twists / developments soon to keep me watching.

I'm hoping it'll be like Game of Thrones where the last couple of episodes in a season are normally amazing
    Yeah, it's comfortable and intriguing without being gripping. Suits me fine!

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Okay, there's a lot you guys are missing here, so for clarity...

William and the MiB are almost certainly one and the same person. William's timeline is thirty years ago, whilst the MiB is in the present. What we don't yet is what changed him into the brutal killer he is now, but I'm sure it'll have something to do with Dolores.

There's probably a third timeline, when the man who appears to be Bernard is conducting his conversations with Dolores. The popular view is that he's actually Arnold, at a time before William and Nolan enter Westworld.

If the above is correct, then Bernard is some kind of Arnold clone, probably with the same consciousness uploaded. And no, he couldn't see himself in the photo, because he wouldn't have been allowed to, and it's also why he didn't know about Arnold in his conversation with Ford when he clearly would/should have done.

The reason that the MiB can do whatever he likes is that his company effectively own Westworld now (there were hints of this in one of the earlier episodes).

That's all I can think of for now but I have to admit, I'm absolutely loving it!
    I've been avoiding this thread as I was trying to work out for myself what the bloody hell was going on but I seem to be coming to the same conclusions as Tony.

Multiple timelines (at least 3), as already pointed out the signage is all different when Logan and William enter Westworld, also Maeve isn't working at the bar when they first come into town
    William is hurt by the 'bullet' but MIB isn't so maybe technology improving?
    The Shakespeare quote seems to be the start of everything going tits up, Abernathy tells it to Dolores who in turn tells it to Thandie Newton and they both start to experience flash backs
    Bernard interviewing Dolores is the real Arnold
    The female boss tells the fella that's writing the storylines (can't remember names) that there is more to the park than meets the eye but he's too stupid to understand it
    As for cost, it's mentioned that it costs $40,000 a day and that there are 1,400 guests in the park so $56,000,000 a day should cover expenses quite easily
    No doubt I'm totally wrong but I don't see too many story lines being wrapped up by the end of the first series but it really needs to get a move on, I'm enjoying it but you really have to concentrate on every single thing that's being said and every tiny detail that's on screen as everything seems to have hidden meanings and significance

Quote Originally Posted by mickylall View Post
    ... you really have to concentrate on every single thing that's being said and every tiny detail that's on screen as everything seems to have hidden meanings and significance
    That's what I love about it

Hmmm never realised that there would be more than 1 timeline... perhaps I should pay more attention to other things....

Quote Originally Posted by hyl1987 View Post
    Hmmm never realised that there would be more than 1 timeline... perhaps I should pay more attention to other things....
    Yeah, I never gave it any thought until I read about it on another web site.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    episode 7 hot of the press to watch tonight

Trompe L'Oeil - Dolores and William journey into treacherous terrain; Maeve delivers an ultimatum; Bernard considers his next move.

Quote Originally Posted by pacifichrono View Post
    Yeah, I never gave it any thought until I read about it on another web site.
    Ah I guess it gets abit more obvious when Dolores appears in different scenes with 1) William/Logan and 2) Teddy/Man in Black.

Correct me if I'm wrong but she seems to have been on the path to self awareness in 1) the prior timeline when she was able to shoot someone? And she's still on that same path 30 years later?

This video shows the key events re-ordered.

https://youtu.be/oJFc7QdFvHc

Master
    Nice to see Thandie continuing to deliver an impressive performance all round.

Master
    Nice to see Thandie continuing to deliver an impressive performance all round.
    I've not watched yet, but that post gave me stirrings....

"Westworld" has been renewed for a second 10-episode season!

Due to production size and complexity, the second season will not begin until PROBABLY 2018, with a late 2017 premiere remotely possible.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pacifichrono View Post
    "Westworld" has been renewed for a second 10-episode season!

Due to production size and complexity, the second season will not begin until PROBABLY 2018, with a late 2017 premiere remotely possible.
    Ha, excellent - took me a minute

Craftsman
    Hot-diggidy-damn! I'd read a few theories so it wasn't 100% unexpected but still... damn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Episode 7 confirms a few theory's kicking about, I cant say anymore.

E7

I think she just saw herself being remade.

Craftsman
    Wow, im blown away.

So far the missus has been struggling and iv had to explain everything which is quite annoying, but I didn't see that coming! and yes I think she did see herself being remade...!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post
    E7

I think she just saw herself being remade.
    The perfect crime. I wonder if anyone else has met the same fate.

Quote Originally Posted by watchcollector1 View Post
    The perfect crime. I wonder if anyone else has met the same fate.
    I bet. He said they corporation keep sending them from time to time.

What an episode. Confirmed at least two theories doing the rounds, explained some other things that had occured in previoes eps. Raised a lot more Qs too...

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by trainspanner View Post
    Wow, im blown away.

So far the missus has been struggling and iv had to explain everything which is quite annoying, but I didn't see that coming! and yes I think she did see herself being remade...!
    I think you're probably right about seeing herself being remade.

Master
    Great episode. Enjoyed the Dolores story as well as the more dramatic revelation. I thought the chief technician's acting when his true nature was revealed was superb. The handcuffed to bed bandit was also v amusing. Thandie's nipples..... well, let's just say......... 2 wonders of the world.

Some good theories confirmed in last nights episode! Finally the plot is really kicking off and now I seriously cannot wait for next week!

The GF has no idea what's going on, so this is very much a solely box set!

Master
    Best show on TV at the moment and getting better!

Quote Originally Posted by stefmcd View Post
    Great episode. Enjoyed the Dolores story as well as the more dramatic revelation. I thought the chief technician's acting when his true nature was revealed was superb. The handcuffed to bed bandit was also v amusing. Thandie's nipples..... well, let's just say......... 2 wonders of the world.

They are indeed magnificent, but let's not forget her pelt, trimmed but still acceptable for those who value such things.
    F.T.F.A.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    They are indeed magnificent, but let's not forget her pelt, trimmed but still acceptable for those who value such things.

Indeed well maintained but allowed to range.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    Hear hear sir!

Just caught up. Bernard was superb, we must have a lot more coming from him. Hopkins gives it that edge of true evil, sort of unhinges you. I can see those Indians going berserk. I left this evening with an overall feeling of its just what I had hoped for and the lingering memory of extraordinary nipples.........................

Just awesome, I guessed Bernard was a 'host' but am lost with what is really going on...love it!

Master
    Now that Bernard is outed, who will be next?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ZIM View Post
    Now that Bernard is outed, who will be next?
    Hopkins.....? ;-)

Master
    I am beginning to think so.

Quote Originally Posted by ZIM View Post
    I am beginning to think so.
    Merely created by Arnold???

Master
    Perhaps and Arnold is the man who lives at the centre of the maze, if there is a maze with someone living at the centre either metaphoricaly or literally.

On the other hand we don't actually know if Arnold ever existed.

On the third hand if William becomes the MiB perhaps he is trying to find a way of releasing Delores and regain the life he found on his first visit.

I have my suspicions about the scene where he takes her to barn and starts waving his knife about. In view of the dule, at least, time line theory his line about " time to get reacquainted Delores" may be viewed in a different light.

Then again I could be totally wrong about everything.

Great program.

No fxxxing idea what's happening. Where are the girl and the bloke going on the train? And why are they going there? And what's the name of the other bloke on the train? And who are the soldiers with the battling gun, and why are they shooting at the train? What's the point of the whole thing?
    I understood that in Lost, people where Lost and wanted to find a way out. But with this...I simply have no idea who wants what.

Quote Originally Posted by Corporalsparrow View Post
    No fxxxing idea what's happening. Where are the girl and the bloke going on the train? And why are they going there? And what's the name of the other bloke on the train? And who are the soldiers with the battling gun, and why are they shooting at the train? What's the point of the whole thing?
    I understood that in Lost, people where Lost and wanted to find a way out. But with this...I simply have no idea who wants what.
    Your not paying attention. Watch this and all will be crystal clear...........................

https://youtu.be/CAOlvqU8G00

Quote Originally Posted by luckywatch View Post
    Your not paying attention. Watch this and all will be crystal clear...........................

https://youtu.be/CAOlvqU8G00
    Waaaay too subtle. These people seem to forget...people like me have their dinner on their lap at the same time. And besides, all the vid tells me is what I already know; Bernard is a robot. Yup. Still don't get any of the story. Is there even a story?

Westworld: What is the Maze?

Master
    All I have seen so far is boobies and cowboy stuff. Haven't seen any of the timelines or intricate plots etc.............

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by zanderpants View Post
    All I have seen so far is boobies and cowboy stuff. Haven't seen any of the timelines or intricate plots etc.............

That would be the best programme tagline for me.... Boobies and cowboy stuff. Great phrase.

Master
    "What door"

Master
    I'm surprised that no one has mentioned the cameo nod to Yul's original MIB in last weeks episode when Bernard was looking for the terminal in the abandoned level.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-en...-a7403011.html
    Last edited by Captain Morgan; 17th November 2016 at 21:31.