closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rolex Price Increase - October

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    Thanks, but not an update for over a month!

Looks like people have given up, it has become
    bit of a drawn out, boring discussion to be honest.

Thanks Rolex!

Quote Originally Posted by Lovewatches108 View Post
    Thanks, but not an update for over a month!

Looks like people have given up, it has become
    bit of a drawn out, boring discussion to be honest.

Thanks Rolex!
    Oops my bad! He link took me directly to the last page of the thread, assumed it was the first.

Smile

Oops my bad! He link took me directly to the last page of the thread, assumed it was the first.

tut, tut.....must get with the program here!

GBP/USD trading at 1.30 today, a nearly 300 point dip from the 1.33 level a week ago.

Surely this is going to pinch Rolex and surely they are going to have to act soon?

GBP/USD trading at 1.30 today, a nearly 300 point dip from the 1.33 level a week ago.

Surely this is going to pinch Rolex and surely they are going to have to act soon?
    Would it not be more insightful looking at the exchange rate of Sterling to Swiss francs?? What does USD to GBP have to do with a swiss manufacturer of anything??

Master

You sound like you want a price increase!

Master

Isn't it a circular argument. This means that you constantly increase the price in whichever country looks the cheapest which is self perpetuating as makes somewhere else cheaper.

Never going to happen but why not reduce the prices in some countries too if this is about pricing parity as am struggling to recall a time when prices even stayed the same for more than 2 years, even when the pound has been strong

Still, the whole Rolex business model is a mystery to me.......law unto themselves

Was shopping with the wife in Peterborough last Sunday. Following a thread on here about Rolexes being in the window for an hour before being sold, I popped in to Fraser Hart. Nothing Sub wise in the window, I asked the girl when they expected anything in. She fetched the manager, who very politely told me he didn't have a clue, and the best thing to do would be to keep popping in.

I asked about the imminent price rise and he smiled. He said we all read the forums, and he had asked his rep from Rolex. He was told that there is no planned price rise. As I said he reads this forum so correct me if I'm wrong about this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by thegreatdogwood View Post
    ...am struggling to recall a time when prices even stayed the same for more than 2 years, even when the pound has been strong

Still, the whole Rolex business model is a mystery to me.......
    Indeed, since prices have remained unchanged from June 2012 until the present day (4 years+) and back in the mid-1990s ff. stayed unchanged for much longer still.

As the use of the following graph in every thread on prices ever to hit the forum in recent times appears still not to have reached all eyes :

Note the parts that look like flat lines.

They are flat lines.

Haywood

Master
    Rolex AD's have received a green letter to say that SERVICE prices are to rise by 10% on 1st October. How quickly can you get your Daytonas in for a quotation?

My thoughts on the ever-more pressing logic for a rise in RRPs remain unchanged....

H

Craftsman
    I've had two ADs one yesterday & the other today inform me they've received letters from Rolex regarding price increase. But was either unable or unwilling to provide me the date of the increase.

Seems the salesperson was being rather sly as all they would say is they've received letters indicating price increase. They failed to mention it was servicing rather than actual watch prices.
    Last edited by Van Diemen; 27th September 2016 at 12:03.

Quote Originally Posted by Haywood_Milton View Post
    Rolex AD's have received a green letter to say that SERVICE prices are to rise by 10% on 1st October. How quickly can you get your Daytonas in for a quotation?
    Glad that I have my free Rolex service lined up.
    Ready for my DSSD in about 7 years!

Master
    Blog Entries
    I have been offered a GMT but they won't sell it till next week.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    lol seriously? that is shocking business practice but I guess they wanna maximise profit after the price increase. They got the stock pre price increase so nice extra 10% bump.

Master
    Blog Entries
    If anyone want a LN GMT give me a shout and I will pass on the details.
    Last edited by Middo; 27th September 2016 at 19:09.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiserphoenix View Post
    lol seriously? that is shocking business practice but I guess they wanna maximise profit after the price increase. They got the stock pre price increase so nice extra 10% bump.

They may not have paid the invoice yet, though...

Craftsman

My thoughts on the ever-more pressing logic for a rise in RRPs remain unchanged....

H
    So if I drop my SD 16600 for normal service tomorrow at Rolex St James will I get the current or the updated service price?

Craftsman
    Current I would assume

Master
    I would expect that it would be the price current on the date the assessor looked at your watch. I fear that it may be too late already, in fact, to be sure of realising the outgoing prices.

H

If an increase does happen, are Watchfinder etc likely to improve their offers to buy I wonder.

Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    I walked into my AD and bought the BLNR I was on the waiting list (9 months or so) for, 3 days ago. They were happy to sell to me.
    Last edited by j0hnbarker; 27th September 2016 at 19:12.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ally- View Post
    If an increase does happen, are Watchfinder etc likely to improve their offers to buy I wonder.
    Not so sure
    I think a few people would be thinking the same so there might be an increase in supply of pre-owned ones all of a sudden which may keep the prices down.

Seriously, 10% increase on service? Aren't they expensive enough?!

Master
    I wonder whether it could actually work the opposite and go down. If prices rise and there's a sudden release of SS (after all there zip out there so you'd imagine that they are either being held back by AD's or Rolex themselves) eventually the demand will be filled by going via an AD and as such non AD's would be unlikely to command their current exorbitant pricing.

Craftsman
    If & when there is a price increase the pre-owned prices will have will increase relative to the RRP.

Certain pieces have always & will continue to command a degree of premium unless Rolex floods the marketplace. Highly unlikely
    Last edited by Van Diemen; 27th September 2016 at 20:23.

Yes I think we've all pretty much established that and I'm sure Haywood himself is on record saying it will be good for business, no problem with that personally but my question was really to decide if I should sell to WF now or hold out.

Craftsman
    I would expect that it would be the price current on the date the assessor looked at your watch. I fear that it may be too late already, in fact, to be sure of realising the outgoing prices.

H
    Thanks, it makes sense. I dont expect the assessor to rush and quote me on the 30th of September. They will quote the price as of the assessment date. Which will be in a week, best case. Oh well, will wear the watch another year before sending it to service. It is just running a little bit fast. It is 2007 model, but I have probably used for no more than a total of 3 years since.

Of course, Rolex might decide to exploit its scale to ramp up its competitiveness (squeezing the likes of Omega) by holding its prices.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by WatchIng View Post
    Of course, Rolex might decide to exploit its scale to ramp up its competitiveness (squeezing the likes of Omega) by holding its prices.
    What competition? All twenty of the top-selling watches in the UK over £5,000 are Rolex models.

H

What competition? All twenty of the top-selling watches in the UK over £5,000 are Rolex models.

H
    Yes, but think how many sales they might be losing to cheaper watches on a price comparison basis!

Master
    Norway had a price rise a couple of months ago and it's made the price disparity between the UK and Norway comical. With a discount AND tax free they are still either equal to, or more than UK RRP's.

Quote Originally Posted by 33JS View Post
    Norway had a price rise a couple of months ago and it's made the price disparity between the UK and Norway comical. With a discount AND tax free they are still either equal to, or more than UK RRP's.
    Funny, I don't remember the slew of 'Norway Rolex Price Increase [insert month here]' threads.

Master
    Yes I think we've all pretty much established that and I'm sure Haywood himself is on record saying it will be good for business, no problem with that personally but my question was really to decide if I should sell to WF now or hold out.
    But how far into the Rolex back catalogue will that pricing effect go? Models up to ten years? Twenty? I ask because if your watch is a 5513 with a tritium dial and plexy crystal, it's a different beast to a modern Sub. Same for a 1016 or a 1675 from the 70s or late 60s.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post
    Funny, I don't remember the slew of 'Norway Rolex Price Increase [insert month here]' threads.
    ...we can start... ;)

Hulk here is £7,300ish!

It means nothing I am sure, but I notice on the rolex website this morning that the prices show automatically under the model number (before you had to click to reveal the price) and there is a little "pricing policy" clicky. The prices haven't changed though (but someone will be sure to update the threat at midnight! )

Quote Originally Posted by triumph coupe View Post
    It means nothing I am sure, but I notice on the rolex website this morning that the prices show automatically under the model number (before you had to click to reveal the price) and there is a little "pricing policy" clicky. The prices haven't changed though (but someone will be sure to update the threat at midnight! )
    Oh yes, just noticed too! Interesting they chose to make such a change on the eve of a new month...hmmmm....

On the same note, genuinely spoke to my AD (WoS) this morning and she quite confidently told me that all staff are being told that there will not be a price increase this year. Asked where they got that information from, she said from their managers.

Make of it what you will. But I find that surprising, especially in light of the fact that GBP is under real pressure right now, with GBPUSD dipping below 1.30 to 1.29, for example.

Haywood - any further insight?

Quote Originally Posted by j0hnbarker View Post
    I walked into my AD and bought the BLNR I was on the waiting list (9 months or so) for, 3 days ago. They were happy to sell to me.
    Well done, sir! I'm very jealous.

I suspect not all ADs will partake of this hiding stock in the safe shenanigans.

Master
    Oh yes, just noticed too! Interesting they chose to make such a change on the eve of a new month...hmmmm....

On the same note, genuinely spoke to my AD (WoS) this morning and she quite confidently told me that all staff are being told that there will not be a price increase this year. Asked where they got that information from, she said from their managers.

Make of it what you will. But I find that surprising, especially in light of the fact that GBP is under real pressure right now, with GBPUSD dipping below 1.30 to 1.29, for example.

Haywood - any further insight?
    I am astounded to be saying there will be NO rise at start of October.

Pressure from many directions remains intolerable for there to be one, but Rolex UK are most unlikely to put one in place in November in December, to avoid serious disquiet from ADs in crucial Christmas season.

If betting, I'd put a bundle on January 1st. Why it didn't happen in Aug / Sept / Oct will be a cause of mystery to many and certainly me. There are very distinct, recognised and Rolex-acknowledged drivers for a UK price adjustment now, which there have not been since the rapid rises of 2008-2012.

Haywood

Craftsman
    The way I see it if they increase prices now, they will most probably have to increase prices early next year.

GBP is currently very week and showing no real sign of recovery.
    Now come early next year the dreaded Article 50 is said to be invoked. What happens then? If GBP looses even more ground prices will have change again.

Best for them to just wait it out and see what happens. I really hope this doesn't mean there will be little to no SS sports stock in the U.K.

Grey & used prices for certain SS references are simply crazy.

Craftsman
    This is good news, may even be able to get my Hulk before they go up

Odd they haven't mind, and assume this will make used prices even stronger in the run upto Christmas unless Rolex release more watches to the ADs. Would love to be a fly on the wall at Rolex HQ

Master
    Okay whose first with the 'January 1st 2017 Rolex price increase' thread?

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by soundood View Post
    this man is counting down the clock until the increase, wont be long now

Haha!

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by j0hnbarker View Post

Very jealous !

I am astounded to be saying there will be NO rise at start of October.

Pressure from many directions remains intolerable for there to be one, but Rolex UK are most unlikely to put one in place in November in December, to avoid serious disquiet from ADs in crucial Christmas season.

If betting, I'd put a bundle on January 1st. Why it didn't happen in Aug / Sept / Oct will be a cause of mystery to many and certainly me. There are very distinct, recognised and Rolex-acknowledged drivers for a UK price adjustment now, which there have not been since the rapid rises of 2008-2012.

Haywood
    No price increase is not much good unless the ADs open their safes!

Craftsman
    Makes no odds there is no SS sports stock anywhere in the UK ! unless you want an Explorer 2 !

so to get xmas sales there needs to be some stock !!!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by johnthemull View Post
    No price increase is not much good unless the ADs open their safes!
    Yeah i am almost wishing for there to be one so that more pieces can be made available. Its just making the UK too hot for global buyers.