closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Lime lume Gone

Journeyman

Lime lume Gone

Hello chaps, was just wondering when your lume dies on your CWC G10. Mine seems to die very quickly,
    i.e I wear it all day and admittedly when I go into dull poorly lit area throughout the day I see it illuminate and Spring to life.

However when nightfall draws inn around 7 to 7.30 pm I rarely see any lume from my watch at all, in fact whilst typing this I have no lume whatsoever.
    I must point out at this point it's a new G10 with luminova and not any earlier T model.
    Replies and answers much appreciated
    Last edited by Mick; 31st August 2016 at 23:55. Reason: Type error

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    Hello chaps, was just wondering when your lume dies on your CWC G10. Mine seems to die very quickly,
    i.e I wear it all day and admittedly when I go into dull poorly lit area throughout the day I see it illuminate and Spring to life.

However when nightfall draws inn around 7 to 7.30 pm I rarely see any lume from my watch at all, in fact whilst typing this I have no lume whatsoever.
    I must point out at this point it's a new G10 with luminova and not any earlier T model.
    Replies and answers much appreciated
    A blast from an LED will keep it going for a few hours. Whilst camping my CWC diver lasted all night if given a good charge at about 11pm.

Journeyman
    Thanks Murray
    so being in daylight all day isn't enough to charge the lume so that it would last the night.
    As I've said it is non existent at about 7pm

"All day"doesn't matter: it's not some sort of light accumulating device that would charge up all day. It glows from the moment you shine (day) light at it
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Journeyman
    So approximately how long after you have shone (day) light at it would you expect it to lume after the light source is removed

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

A few hours is the best answer I can give you. You can test it yourself by flashing a LED in the evening (no need to do it for long).
    When you wear your watch throughout the day it glows throughout the day as well. Then at some time it stops receiving 'useful' day light and the luminosity will start to decrease. 19:00 is quite early to me but I cannot judge as only you can test it properly.

Journeyman
    Will test tonight and post results. How long do you think that I will need to hold it up to a LED light

Last edited by Mick; 1st September 2016 at 20:51.

A bright Led? 15 to 30 seconds should be plenty

Journeyman
    Held it under iPhone torch for about 30 seconds lume lasted about 6 minutes
    Held it under halogen kitchen light for 30 to 40 seconds lume lasted about 10 minutes
    Doesn't seem so good

If it's a Luminova dial it seems strange to be completely dead in 10 mins.
    Luminova brightness diminishes throughout the night but it is especially bright after the initial exposure after which the brightness dies down, it will never be completely dark however.
    Perception of light emissions will differ from person to person so maybe this is the why you feel the dial lume seems dead
    I have a L dialed diver from 2012 and whilst the lume is poor, it is visible throughout the night when my eyes are dark adjusted. (It has poorer light emission than a 08 T dialed version).The diver does have larger Lume plots than the G10 however which will make a diffrence.
    My T dialed 09 G10 is visible throughout the night (not very bright) and this has the small dial plots as per your watch as such I should imagine the L dialed version would be dimmer than a watch with larger lume plots.
    Last edited by Sinnlover; 2nd September 2016 at 22:25.

If it's a G10 with a bright lume that you're after then get a Pulsar - they shine like a beacon. You can pick them up for around £45 ish on ebay.

Banned
    Will test tonight and post results. How long do you think that I will need to hold it up to a LED light

Use a UV light much better.

Held it under iPhone torch for about 30 seconds lume lasted about 6 minutes
    Held it under halogen kitchen light for 30 to 40 seconds lume lasted about 10 minutes
    Doesn't seem so good
    Specsavers?

Master
    The watch hands and markers have what you call a GTLS, this will only produce light if the watch is put close to a torch for example, they are designed like this for military tactical reasons.

Journeyman
    http://www.kronometric.org/article/lume/

Found this technical stuff