closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Wandering past the local McLaren dealer, this just in...

Master

Wandering past the local McLaren dealer, this just in...

..not 10 minutes earlier, this young silver thing had been dropped off:

http://www.themotorhood.com/themotor...am-mclaren-214

The M23 has been there for a couple of months.

Rob.

I once had a ride in one (although it could have been an M1B) up the hill at Goodwood. It was on the press day (to which I'd snuck in!), which they stopped doing at the house only a couple of years ago. By that point there were 150 or so cars there and it was a bigger event than the first couple of FOSs, with considerably fewer people. I'd walked down the line of cars ready to go up the hill (they always took journalists for a ride, if they could fit in) and asked Dickie Attwood if I could go in the 917 (no room) and Justin Law in a XJR-9 (no room) before getting to the McLaren and being told I could have a lift if I could fit in and the driver could still move his elbows. The engine noise was deafening but the acceleration away from the line was unbelievable. I filmed it and you can see the start, then tree tops, then a corner, then the sky and so on it was so brutal. Afterwards the driver apologised for being so cautious and slow due to the tyres not being warm enough...
    "A man of little significance"

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    I once had a ride in one (although it could have been an M1B) up the hill at Goodwood. It was on the press day (to which I'd snuck in!), which they stopped doing at the house only a couple of years ago. By that point there were 150 or so cars there and it was a bigger event than the first couple of FOSs, with considerably fewer people. I'd walked down the line of cars ready to go up the hill (they always took journalists for a ride, if they could fit in) and asked Dickie Attwood if I could go in the 917 (no room) and Justin Law in a XJR-9 (no room) before getting to the McLaren and being told I could have a lift if I could fit in and the driver could still move his elbows. The engine noise was deafening but the acceleration away from the line was unbelievable. I filmed it and you can see the start, then tree tops, then a corner, then the sky and so on it was so brutal. Afterwards the driver apologised for being so cautious and slow due to the tyres not being warm enough...
    Gold.

I was in the passenger seat of a GT3 Cup Car, and the guy said "don't touch that", that being the red off switch/key. I though, how the hell am I going to touch that. Barrelling down the back straight at about 240k, with less than 100m to go before the hairpin, the driver hit the picks. My arms went flailing. I sat on my hands for the rest of the laps. Brutal deceleration.

Rob.

Craftsman
    I took a stroll past my local Maclaren garage this evening for a nosey but nothing historic in. They did have 14 Maclarens sitting around registered and new which more than enough to keEp me entertained. A great place to drool!

Quote Originally Posted by ru55 View Post
    I took a stroll past my local Maclaren garage this evening for a nosey but nothing historic in. They did have 14 Maclarens sitting around registered and new which more than enough to keEp me entertained. A great place to drool!
    Me too but it was late morning. Was that in Hamilton by any chance?

I did have a good chuckle when I spotted the £200K+ marked price on the Bentley Bentayga next door which must be the ugliest car I've seen in many a year. That's a lie as I spotted one in Edinburgh a few weeks ago.