closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Polywatch - WOW!!

Master

Polywatch - WOW!!

Managed the badly (in my opinion at the time) scratch my Speedy's hesalite whilst on holiday. Did it on the 2nd day and it pissed me off overtime I looked.

I gave it the polywatch treatment today and WOW, it's completely gone along with the other swirls it had.

Highly recommend it to anyone with a Speedy.

Stupidly I didn't take a before pic but you could just feel the scratch with a nail.

Grand Master
    Looks great,but just to say there are many other light abrasives that will do the same for a lot less and will last years.

Eg a tin of brasso which for a similar price will last years and do every watch on the planet.....well you know what I mean,compared to the tiniest poly watch tube,that doesn't really go that far.

Grand Master
    Polywatch is ideal for final finishing, but the best way to tackle scratched acrylic crystals is using fine wet and dry paper wrapped around a small rubber block (pencil eraser will do). Use it wet, finish with 3000 grit, polish with metal polish (autosol) and finally finish with polywatch. Using polywatch on it's own will soften the edges of a scratch but won`t take anything deep completely out.....it's like boring through a mountain with a carrot.

It takes courage to attack an acrylic glass with fine wet and dry, it looks far worse before it gets better, but it does the job. Don`t ever try it on glass, and don`t be tempted to try polishing an acrylic glass with a dremel tool.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    Polywatch is ideal for final finishing, but the best way to tackle scratched acrylic crystals is using fine wet and dry paper wrapped around a small rubber block (pencil eraser will do). Use it wet, finish with 3000 grit, polish with metal polish (autosol) and finally finish with polywatch. Using polywatch on it's own will soften the edges of a scratch but won`t take anything deep completely out.....it's like boring through a mountain with a carrot.

It takes courage to attack an acrylic glass with fine wet and dry, it looks far worse before it gets better, but it does the job. Don`t ever try it on glass, and don`t be tempted to try polishing an acrylic glass with a dremel tool.

Paul
    Hence why people use polywatch sounds too technical your method never had any problems with poly watch as most folk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by P9CLY View Post
    Looks great,but just to say there are many other light abrasives that will do the same for a lot less and will last years.

Eg a tin of brasso which for a similar price will last years and do every watch on the planet.....well you know what I mean,compared to the tiniest poly watch tube,that doesn't really go that far.

Paul
    Thanks for the input guys...good tips. The scratch wasn't that deep but you could feel it with a nail. I only paid £4.95 for Polywatch and I didn't use much at all.

Grand Master

Paul
    agree Paul,and done many as you describe.Polywatch or cape cod finish it off nicely too.

Craftsman
    I have used it on a Smiths Everest with great results. It was cheap to buy and a little goes a long way, iv still got plenty left after a few goes.