closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Waltham West Germany vintage diver

Waltham West Germany vintage diver

I'll start this thread by sharing an image of one of my "the one that got away" grails. Have always loved this watch but the prices they command these days I've certainly missed the train to ever buy one. The Smiths Astral "Made in England" dive watch.

free image host

For me this is perfect. Sadly my new arrival isn't one of those, but it is something very much of that style and I personally love it. Stainless steel case in what I consider superb condition for its age, nice clean looking movement and some beautifully aged lume. Bezel is a bit of a weird one being free turning and made of plastic, but the fact the numbers are part worn off suits me as it adds to the look and saves my OCD's about it being lined up perfectly

Anyway, here is the watch, it's a Waltham and was purchased as 60's/70's, if anyone has a better idea of age I'd be delighted to hear.

image uploader

image uploader

image uploader

image uploader

image uploader

image uploader

image uploader

Inside the case back are two sets of numbers, no idea their relevance, B-474 above P-75 surrounded by WALTHAM WATCH Co. WEST GERMANY. Just putting that info here incase anyone has a better idea than me, I can't find another Waltham quite like it from googling.

Now all I need is to find a better strap for it(this is one of my old ones, need a black with stitch to match the creamy lume I think).

Anyway, hope some of you folk might like it as much as I do.
    Last edited by Tetlee; 29th August 2016 at 19:33.

Craftsman
    That's a good looking watch - and looks to be in tidy condition too. What size is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    That's a good looking watch - and looks to be in tidy condition too. What size is it?
    Thanks, bezel is 37mm, lug to lug 47mm, perfect dimensions for smaller wristed folk. Lug width is the typically awkward 19mm so easiest to squeeze a 20mm strap.

New (vintage) arrival

Really nice. I bought a vintage Vostok Amphibia for similar reasons although your Waltham looks like a clear step up in quality.

Re the strap I'm thinking of a shark mesh for mine which is very similar in shape a colouring to yours - maybe an option? It would fit the period.

Quote Originally Posted by alfat33 View Post
    Really nice. I bought a vintage Vostok Amphibia for similar reasons although your Waltham looks like a clear step up in quality.

Re the strap I'm thinking of a shark mesh for mine which is very similar in shape a colouring to yours - maybe an option? It would fit the period.
    Show us your amphibian(ooh err), theres so many options there, saw quite a few that tempted me too. Put a new strap this afternoon, might not fit the period but I like it.

upload gambar

It's a nice strap. I think I prefer the black one but just personal taste. Here is my Amphibia - if you are interested them search the Forum for Vostok, there are a number of appreciation threads and some real experts.