closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fresh creps roadman

Fresh creps roadman

Does anyone else have teenagers with no idea what they are on about?
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Used to

Youngest one is approaching 30 now

Still dont know what they are on about most of the time though

Not sure it makes him a yardie like your teenagers but I have a threenager that thinks everything is 'awesome' or rhymes with poo.

Yes mate - 2 of them.

My daughter is 'little miss chip on her shoulder' right now.

Sharon's son is I know everything and you know jack.

Happy days! Lol.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Yep, a 15 year old who alternates between charming and witty (in front of strangers) and a sour-faced grunting, tutting pain (almost exactly like Harry Enfield's Kevin The Teenager). I'm hoping it's just a stage!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

My nine year old came home from school a while back and was calling me and his mum 'Braa'. "No way, braa." "Too much, braa". I think it's meant to be a variation of "Bruv". Anyway, I set him straight and insisted he uses the informal pronoun of "La". The area of London we live in needs some Scouse in its lexicon.

^
    I always admired the American 'sir' and 'ma'am'...

I worked with an American from Louisiana in my youth, and his use of 'ma'am' in London bars whem addressing attractive young ladies was devastatingly effective!

Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    I worked with an American from Louisiana in my youth, and his use of 'ma'am' in London bars whem addressing attractive young ladies was devastatingly effective!

I can believe that.

Also, a good Home Counties accent when in the States can have precisely the same effect ;-)
    as I learned to my delight when a younger single man.

This week my eleven year old daughter received a holiday e-mail message from her best friend and classmate, who is South Korean. It was signed off with 'best regards'.

I'm 37 and run a bar in Manchester. We predominantly play RnB and the staff & customers are a lot younger than I am. I feel it keeps me youthful and down with the kids.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kungfupanda View Post
    I'm 37 and run a bar in Manchester. We predominantly play RnB and the staff & customers are a lot younger than I am. I feel it keeps me youthful and down with the kids.
    is this your bar?

Last edited by soundood; 14th August 2016 at 16:15.

Master
    So can we clarify exactly what "fresh creps roadman" actually means?

I'm in my 30's and honestly have literally no idea what any part of those words mean, in the sense they were used by the yoof in question! And I am not trying to be deliberately obtuse! But I am now curious. I wonder if it's a locality thing as I have not heard that sort of speak here, though no part of my life causes me to interact with anyone much younger than myself.

To be honest, some of the phrases the extremely old Lancashire folk use are equally baffling!

Quote Originally Posted by ach5 View Post

I'm in my 30's and honestly have literally no idea what any part of those words mean, in the sense they were used by the yoof in question! And I am not trying to be deliberately obtuse! But I am now curious. I wonder if it's a locality thing as I have not heard that sort of speak here, though no part of my life causes me to interact with anyone much younger than myself.

To be honest, some of the phrases the extremely old Lancashire folk use are equally baffling!
    It means approximately "I say young chap, that is some rather spiffing footwear you have there"

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    My nine year old came home from school a while back and was calling me and his mum 'Braa'. "No way, braa." "Too much, braa". I think it's meant to be a variation of "Bruv". Anyway, I set him straight and insisted he uses the informal pronoun of "La". The area of London we live in needs some Scouse in its lexicon.

Braa - bro - brother (possibly from another mother)

My 14 year old came out with a "sownbt"

What is a sownbt I ask - "someone with nothing better todo"

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by kungfupanda View Post
    Where's your bar mate? Might be a good place for a future Mcr GTG?

Edit - RnB you say?

Last edited by Kirk280; 14th August 2016 at 21:41.

Lovely, with a drop of /x20/ Grand Marnier, poulise..
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

My sons confirmed

It does indeed mean those new shoes are sick.

As I have been informed by my just turned 14 last week 6'2" son a road an is what we would have called a chav.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by seikopath View Post
    It means approximately "I say young chap, that is some rather spiffing footwear you have there"
    Roadman is derogatory... right? My eldest two (teenagers) refer to other hooded teenagers as "he's such a roadman" I.e. A bit 'street' and think they're gangsta when really they just go home to an urban semi with a slightly disappointed mum and dad to greet them...

Fresh creeps is new to me though... Thanks for providing me amunision to embarrass Grace at 15th birthday party next week!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by justin44 View Post
    As I have been informed by my just turned 14 last week 6'2" son a road an is what we would have called a chav.
    Bingo... That's what I understood!

'crep' from crepe soul?

Quote Originally Posted by justin44 View Post
    The Urban Dictionary would seem to disagree

Roadman comes from the 21st century slang word, describing a boy (normally at a teenage age) as someone who thoroughly knows the ins and outs of his area, and the people in the area - he will also be involved in popular events such as trapping, driving (cruising), parties etc.

Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob View Post
    Braa - bro - brother (possibly from another mother)
    Correct.

May be related to 'sista from another mista'.....

I've got no hope, I'm only just getting over 'Literally', 'Basically' and my favourite 'I'm not even lying but..........'

Quote Originally Posted by johnboy9876 View Post
    I've got no hope, I'm only just getting over 'Literally', 'Basically' and my favourite 'I'm not even lying but..........'
    I get ' basically ' like basically ten million times a day, basically. You know? Like, basically.

I get ' basically ' like basically ten million times a day, basically. You know? Like, basically.
    We (I) had 'what it is' , 'right, what it is' and repeat.........

Master
    All I know is that I have a twelve year old daughter who is becoming devastatingly pretty and who communicates in grunts.

The worst thing about that is when I spend the next few years following her around with a shotgun the conversation will suck.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    my 14 y.o. just got back form seven weeks in the south of France with a crepe pan as souvenir.
    He made us a pile of perfect ones last night and turned every single one by flipping it in the air.
    Learned pretty fluid French.
    He loved it and would like to go to China for next summer he says.

He has a job since he just turned 13. As monitor for rock climbing and zip lines of all things.
    He even gets called when at school because he is the only one who can handle English speaking clients.

He has not have a clue what he wants to 'do'. Good for him!!
    He is great at dancing, plays the guitar, understands car mechanics, can cook, can be charming and speaks 4 languages already so who cares??!!
    I hope he will wander (and wonder) over the world to have fun and figure out that THAT is the purpose of life: Enjoy living it and, if you have the luck to have kids*, pass the learned on to the next gen.

* He is already quite aware that one needs NOT to marry for that. His dad is not either :-)

So, apart from helping/motivating him to get his C2 in English my task for the coming winter is to find him a summer address in China...

Some more items for the nadsat lexicon, supplied by my reliable informants :

Wavy garms
    Is it?
    Peak
    Brows on fleek
    Bare

I thought the thread title had been slightly misspelled and expected to be reading about pancakes.
    F.T.F.A.

Master
    Some more items for the nadsat lexicon, supplied by my reliable informants :

Wavy garms
    Is it?
    Peak
    Brows on fleek
    Bare
    Translate please!

Nadsat, not heard that for quite some time.

Quote Originally Posted by ach5 View Post

My first thought was freshly made thin pancakes from a chap by the side of the road?

Wavy garms - nice clothes

Is it? - a bit like 'really?'

As in - 'I'm going to pick up my panerai today'
    'is it?'
    The appropriate response :
    'it is'

I know that Peak means bad and Bare means really good. Go figure....

Brows on fleek - eyebrows are looking really good

Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    I thought the thread title had been slightly misspelled and expected to be reading about pancakes.
    Me too. Possibly recommendations for the best crepes when out and about. I do like a crepe.
    Although looking at some of the YouTube links has allowed me to discover Soundood's channel.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dkpw View Post
    Me too. Possibly recommendations for the best crepes when out and about. I do like a crepe.
    Although looking at some of the YouTube links has allowed me to discover Soundood's channel.

Don't do drugs kids !

Oh god make it stop.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Blog Entries
    There was me thinking at first that it had something to do with a itinerant pancake seller! My bad.

Master

WTactualF ?

(There's one I learned recently!)

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Huertecilla View Post
    my 14 y.o. just got back form seven weeks in the south of France with a crepe pan as souvenir.
    He made us a pile of perfect ones last night and turned every single one by flipping it in the air.
    Learned pretty fluid French.
    He loved it and would like to go to China for next summer he says.

He has a job since he just turned 13. As monitor for rock climbing and zip lines of all things.
    He even gets called when at school because he is the only one who can handle English speaking clients.

He has not have a clue what he wants to 'do'. Good for him!!
    He is great at dancing, plays the guitar, understands car mechanics, can cook, can be charming and speaks 4 languages already so who cares??!!
    I hope he will wander (and wonder) over the world to have fun and figure out that THAT is the purpose of life: Enjoy living it and, if you have the luck to have kids*, pass the learned on to the next gen.

* He is already quite aware that one needs NOT to marry for that. His dad is not either :-)

So, apart from helping/motivating him to get his C2 in English my task for the coming winter is to find him a summer address in China...

Very well, where do I begin? My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year-old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet.

My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes, he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

My childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring, we’d make meat helmets.

When I was insolent, I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds – pretty standard, really. At the age of twelve, I received my first scribe.

At the age of fourteen, a Zoroastrian named Vilma ritualistically shaved my testicles. At the age of 18, I went off to evil medical school. At the age of 25, I took up tap dancing. I wanted to be a quadruple threat — an actor, dancer…

...Soundood's channel.
    What a fookin pigsty.

@RJM25R

So, like basically, from now on, if someone posts a picture of a hideous new strap in watchtalk 'fresh creps roadman' is a totes pukka response, braa?
    Bare.

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    Very well, where do I begin? My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year-old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet.

My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes, he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

My childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring, we’d make meat helmets.

When I was insolent, I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds – pretty standard, really. At the age of twelve, I received my first scribe.

At the age of fourteen, a Zoroastrian named Vilma ritualistically shaved my testicles. At the age of 18, I went off to evil medical school. At the age of 25, I took up tap dancing. I wanted to be a quadruple threat — an actor, dancer…
    There truly is nothing like a shorn scrotum. Breathtaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Huertecilla View Post

I find this incredible. A minor in an EU country allowed to supervise dangerous activity?

What qualifications does he have to do this exactly?

Fresh creps roadman

[....]Soundood's channel.
    Good Lord. That's some pretty unsettling stuff. There's the unhinged gurning, of course, but the apparently indeterminate age of the malefactor (my guess is anywhere between 50 and 120 years) further adds to the sense of disorientation and aberrancy.

Master
    Some of the theatre porters at work are teenagers. When talking about respective weekends etc. I genuinely don't know what they're saying sometimes. I'm 31.

If you've seen the superb The Wire on TV you'll get what I mean.