closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Best source for issued CWC divers

Apprentice

Best source for issued CWC divers

I understand that the MOD is still unloading its issued watches to the general public. I have done various web searches but I am still unclear as to where to find these gems. How does the MOD send them to market?

I am after an early CWC diver (83-93), do these still come up in MOD disposals?

Any help appreciated!

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Closely guarded secret amongst collectors.

welcome to the forum.

mike

Most of them are in the North East of England, in fact laid end to end they stretch further than Hadrian's wall....

On a serious note alot of them end up on the bay, a couple of sellers seem have a regular supply, so they have probably a connection.

Might be worth sending them a message when the next one pops up and see if you can do a deal. Ramco have and endless amount of G10's but no divers.

If you're after an SBS maybe? - there's an 01 issue on there now.
    Last edited by lewismark; 6th August 2016 at 18:17.

Just been researching British military ATP and WWW watches with Swiss movements from omega and IWC etc. Fascinating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by lewismark View Post
    Most of them are in the North East of England, in fact laid end to end they stretch further than Hadrian's.
    Yep, tried Dave (I am a regular on the MWR forum), but apparently due to a radioactive leak at Sellafield, he has grown several hundred arms, and needs a watch for each wrist, so he needs to hang on to them all.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by seadog1408 View Post
    Closely guarded secret amongst collectors.

welcome to the forum.

mike
    Cheers Mike

I've got lucky a couple of times on Ebay (Precista 93 for £300, unworn issued SBS £180), but would love to get a decent early CWC diver, and since nobody is selling right now, an MOD disposal watch is my best hope.

Apprentice
    To be fair, I have paid a fair bit of tax over the years, I think the MOD should just send me one with Her Majesty's Government's best wishes.

EBay is your best bet just pay the price if you want it bad enough. One thing I learned is when I am to cheap and hold off a few years it cost me more in the long run to get a issued watch I been wanting every year they go up in price. Also post a WTB ad over at the MWR PX forum some times you get it a little cheaper from a fellow collector who wants to sell one some times they factor in the fees they don't have to pay eBay so you mite save a few bucks.

Craftsman
    Early 80's CWC Divers dried up from the MOD long before I started collecting them. They are still disposing of their more modern counterparts in a dripfeed manner - a few here and there. Latest auction results show you will be paying a lot even if you manage to find one - think more than £1600. But TBH all nice issued military watches have gone crazy these days. I'm still picking away with my contacts, but its slower than it used to be, which is not surprising considering the relatively few that were ever issued, but I've never had an early 80's for years, just the later models. I do have quite a few of most years however.

Your only hope is some one buys a old watchmakers shops after he goes out of business. And then sells it piece by piece for profit and one happens to be in it and ends up on EBay. That's how I recently got a 1981 issued CWC 6BB chronograph on the bay and cheaper than what silvermans sells the remakes and maybe not after I get it serviced. And that issued year for CWC 6BB chronographs never comes up for sell so EBay is your best bet you mite get lucky.

Talk to Charlotte at Anchor Supplies in Nottingham

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev-O View Post
    Talk to Charlotte at Anchor Supplies in Nottingham
    I did that, they put me on a waiting list! Shows how rare these are getting and how sought after they are. Fortunately I have now sourced two fantastic '95 CWC divers from fellow forum members here and at MWR. I am going to keep my eye out for a '92 (different bezel insert) or an 80s model with acrylic bezel insert. Thanks all.