closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Smiths W10 Military Issue Watch (Circa 1967) on ebay

Banned

Smiths W10 Military Issue Watch (Circa 1967) on ebay

the seller seems to be fair in his description, I think this is one to avoid.
    what is the general opinion?

Smiths W10 Military wristwatch issued in 1967 on grey worn nato strap. Working and keeping good time. Has some issues so please read on before deciding to bid.
    In my opinion the watch could be a put together example as the crown and crystal appear new. The dial has experienced a an amateurish type paint touch up in the past and has the usual discolouration on the dial and hands anyway. The case back screws on but doesn't appear to screw on all the way. The movement has the hacking function and lever and works correctly but the movement is marked 60464E? Anyway, there maybe other issues but that's all I can find so please bid accordingly. Also, please study the pictures as they form a larger part of the description and condition. All sensible questions will be welcomed and answered. Please be aware that water resistance cannot be guaranteed. Payment must be made directly after winning the item. Thanks.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Smiths-W10...cAAOSwtnpXlP0f

I would pass...

Master
    The dial looks as if it's been dragged by a car.

Definitely one to avoid, they're plentiful so worth waiting for a good one. To his credit the seller seems pretty upfront about the issues. I think the current price it has reached is already too much to pay for one in this condition.
    Last edited by lewismark; 31st July 2016 at 17:45.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lewismark View Post
    Definitely one to avoid, they're plentiful so worth waiting for a good one. To his credit the seller seems pretty upfront about the issues. I think the current price it has reached is already too much to pay for one in this condition.
    That's what I thought as well.