closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Takes Some Bottle (Fake Watch Content)

Banned

Takes Some Bottle (Fake Watch Content)

http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=485435

Someone risking flogging a blag Rolex on the Rolex Forum indeed...

LOL, anyone who writes 1000% Authentic in their sales post is a scammer.

Interesting read that Steve, started off as a slow burner until a few comparison shots were posted. How many people on here would have identified the watch as fake if they were looking to buy it in isolation. The differences were very minor, but more obvious when highlighted in red for our ease.

As others on the thread stated, totally supports buying from a trusted source - someone who knows what they are doing and can verify a genuine watch.

Craftsman
    Just read through this on TRF.
    A very informative read, and lots of interesting learning posts.

Master
    In the thread, the seller was quite convincing and persuasive that he was the victim. Then it became clear that it wasn’t the first time he had tried to sell a fake and it all fell apart. It still gave an insight into the sheer gall of these people.

I agree with the suggestion in the thread that the Ebay sale could have been between two accounts both run by the seller.

As well as all that, the thread is also interesting for the information on fakes - reverse engineered Swiss made fake Rolex movements that require a microscope to detect the defects!

Thanks for the link burnsey.

One reason why with non-vintage watched box/papers add SOME degree of comfort even if not conclusive. Obviously, one looks a t a lot of things but if one's ability to spot a fake is limited ( and mine is) , box/ papers provide some sense of comfort even if we know they don't PROVE that is not fake or stolen.

Two things crossed my mind from this...

1 - RolexForums is such a crap place. The poster 'sachal007' got stick out of nowhere and fair play to him for acting the gentleman later in the thread.
    2 - This is, sadly, the reason I avoid Subs. The fake game in subs is just too high for me.

A very informative read , fair play to sachal007 .

Interesting read and another bleeding heart scammer pleading innocence, the close up high res image (page 6 I think) is a good tell tell it's a fake, maybe there are lots of little things not quite right but what got me was the finish, it all seemed a little rougher where the machine tooling was not quite up to Rolex standards, and the clasp is laughable..

So the OP with 200 posts outed the seller with 22 posts.

The mods argued with the OP and told him to watch what he said.

Mods had to eat humble pie slightly but took credit for the whole thing with a small mention of the OP through gritted teeth.

Hilarious.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    seems legit,

Re:
    2 - This is, sadly, the reason I avoid Subs. The fake game in subs is just too high for me.

There could be a hundred reasons not to buy a Sub ( I can't think of one,TBH ) but THAT ain't one of them. Not that hard to avoid a fake or be scammed.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    Re:

There could be a hundred reasons not to buy a Sub ( I can't think of one,TBH ) but THAT ain't one of them. Not that hard to avoid a fake or be scammed.
    For pete's sake, just buy a new one then. The world is awash in fake Panerais but you don't seem to have any trouble with them...

Quote Originally Posted by TimeThoughts View Post

1 - RolexForums is such a crap place. The poster 'sachal007' got stick out of nowhere and fair play to him for acting the gentleman later in the thread.
    I won't disagree with the first part, but the sceptical reaction is almost the default until people are truly convinced. Didn't the TMS episode play out broadly similarly?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandS View Post
    For pete's sake, just buy a new one then. The world is awash in fake Panerais but you don't seem to have any trouble with them...
    GrandS, we are mostly watch enthusiasts, therefore, have a general idea about our hobby, which means we take care researching our purchases.

We take pride in our hobby. Why don’t you do the same, as yours is obviously trolling, but you are simply not very good at all. Thought about base jumping?

Quote Originally Posted by TimeThoughts View Post
    I have to agree to some extent, I have no worries about buying a fake as I know where to buy but everytime I see a Sub worn in 'real life' I find myself wondering if it is real/fake as there are just so many fakes out there

It has to take something away from the ownership experience? maybe I am wrong?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Montybaber View Post
    I have to agree to some extent, I have no worries about buying a fake as I know where to buy but everytime I see a Sub worn in 'real life' I find myself wondering if it is real/fake as there are just so many fakes out there

It has to take something away from the ownership experience? maybe I am wrong?
    No one can say a Sub is uncommon, but my own experience is the fake fans go for more bling - AP, Hublot etc.

As for the ownership experience, doesn’t matter a all. The one on my wrist is real.

Quote Originally Posted by burnsey66 View Post
    As for the ownership experience, doesn’t matter a all. The one on my wrist is real.
    Exactly!

I've a GMT rather than a sub but I wear it for me and no one else.

I really don't care what other people think!

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    No one can say a Sub is uncommon, but my own experience is the fake fans go for more bling - AP, Hublot etc.

Agree with you there Steve. I see plenty of this from potential customers.

A fake AP or Hublot with diamonds etc worn poking out of the sleeve makes me laugh inside, whilst giving me their postcode in Longsight and telling me they want to trade in their 57 plate Focus 1.6 with ST wheels and "tints, innit!" And they're purported £25k watch is glinting at me!

I see subs, Seamasters, carrera's, datejusts and Daytonas on a daily basis at work (staff AND customers) plus speedies, Monaco's and Navitimers on occasion but none of them are worn with the "look at me" style of the AP's or Hublot's......

Master
    Fascinating thread. Learned a lot there.

Fakes are definitely getting better - and there are plenty of Frankens out there of the vintage watches too.

Rather salutary when you think you know your stuff and realise how much more there is to know.

Interesting link there Burnsey. And yes, theTMS debacle was similar but the real analogy here is with pippen as it took a newbie to oust him
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Banned
    GrandS, we are mostly watch enthusiasts, therefore, have a general idea about our hobby, which means we take care researching our purchases.
    Cough, cough, splutter...

The TRF piece really was a good read; those are scary!

Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post
    I won't disagree with the first part, but the sceptical reaction is almost the default until people are truly convinced. Didn't the TMS episode play out broadly similarly?
    TMS was a 'trusted member'
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Master
    Thank goodness that didn't happen here.
    The fake thing may or may not have flown under the radar, but the fact he was trying to squeeze $1200 profit from it would have had him hung, drawn and quartered.

looking at the photos straight off it appears to be decent enough. Only when you start to look at the comparisons that it becomes evident that its a fake!