closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Attack on C.H.Moody & Son in Nantwich earlier today

Master

Attack on C.H.Moody & Son in Nantwich earlier today

A good, family independent and Rolex AD.

http://www.crewechronicle.co.uk/news...bbers-11671430

Great to learn that very little was taken and that the baddies were caught. There are details not reported....hope they have a horrid, horrid time when they've been put away.

Video of them chucking an iron drain cover at the windows and looking like gimps as it bounced back are rather amusing. I am reminded of their bright counterparts in this video :

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lxdnJjN-UCM

Idiots all.

H

Glad to see they were caught quickly and no one was hurt.

My local friendly family independent now have a well built gentleman manning their door after being raided twice in the last few years.

I'm very glad I spent sixty seconds watching that video

Quote Originally Posted by 5avvy View Post
    My local friendly family independent now have a well built gentleman manning their door after being raided twice in the last few years.
    A distant AD (most are living up here) which I have used a few times employed the same sort of chap.
    It doesn't make much difference as they have been done at least twice, and possibly three times. Unfortunately if a gang drives a vehicle through a window and/or are seriously tooled up, a burly bloke is very little use.
    I did notice on my last visit that the original bloke has gone, albeit replaced by another chunky door man.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    I'm very glad I spent sixty seconds watching that video
    lol, what a pair of chumps!

So, it took FIVE POLICE FORCES to sort out? And they're all chuffed that they talked to each other? We really need some sort of drastic single-force reform across the UK. Shudder to think about the man hours of duplicate incident reporting happening for the next few days....

And yes, that video is superb ;)

Quote Originally Posted by JGJG View Post
    So, it took FIVE POLICE FORCES to sort out? And they're all chuffed that they talked to each other? We really need some sort of drastic single-force reform across the UK. Shudder to think about the man hours of duplicate incident reporting happening for the next few days....

Perhaps this is why we just have a single force up here now?
    Police Scotland.

Master
    As jewellers, the problem of cross-border failings prompted us to "do it ourselves." The Safergems intelligence network (manned by former coppers working at the British Security Industry Association) allows us to gather reports nationally, disseminate targeted alerts and collate admissible evidence where a gang has been travelling around with a bad habit.

There is currently a particular problem of people from a certain part of the world, whose criminal element comprise irritating distraction thieves and switchers right up to professional teams of armed robbers. To a man and woman they seem to think that travelling around Britain will keep them one step ahead of the individual police forces. It is delightful to see them arrested and charged with numerous offences from all over the country, their translator's defence that "they have never done it before" demolished by the library of pictures and incidents from Aberdeen to Aylesbury.

H

Hopefully they get banged up, and locked away for a long time.
    Good riddance I say.

They are nothing but parasites , i hope they get everything they deserve , idiots .

Video =

Always a pleasure to see!

Quote Originally Posted by Haywood_Milton View Post
    This video is marvellous. Glad the crims got caught - bang em up!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by tobywatches View Post
    This video is marvellous...
    Yes it is, thanks...

Master
    .... their translator's defence that "they have never done it before" demolished by the library of pictures and incidents from Aberdeen to Aylesbury.

H
    Why do I doubt their sentences will be robust and /or that they'll be deported and forever barred from re entry to the UK. I'd pay more taxes happily to see our border controls more able to prevent crims entering the country.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by deepreddave View Post
    Why do I doubt their sentences will be robust and /or that they'll be deported and forever barred from re entry to the UK. I'd pay more taxes happily to see our border controls more able to prevent crims entering the country.
    In fairness, I am not sure yet whether this particular family of stupid were "home-grown" or not.

Details of the incident lead me to think 15 years is a possibility so keep your fingers crossed. Not 15 years of fear and horror as they might experience in an American, South American or Eastern European prison of course, but we don't want to make serial offenders think prison is a bad thing here, do we?

H

Craftsman
    A good, family independent and Rolex AD.

http://www.crewechronicle.co.uk/news...bbers-11671430

Great to learn that very little was taken and that the baddies were caught. There are details not reported....hope they have a horrid, horrid time when they've been put away.

Video of them chucking an iron drain cover at the windows and looking like gimps as it bounced back are rather amusing. I am reminded of their bright counterparts in this video :

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lxdnJjN-UCM

Idiots all.

H
    Best video I've seen in a while.

Master
    Jewellery shop robberies always make the headlines. Even though the baddies are most often caught and sentenced, that news is less often reported with the same relish. This is a shame, as it encourages a never-ending stream of hopeless thickos to try their hand at what they think will be a lucrative and risk-free job. I post this here in the small hope of redressing the balance :

"Four men have been jailed total of 30 years after pleading guilty to robbery at a Nantwich jewellers.
    Lewis Chalmers, Patrick Massay, Darren McAndrew and Joseph Schofield raided Moody’s Jewellers on Pillory Street on 27th July 2016 after smashing a hole in the front window using a sword and a drain grid.
    They then dumped their getaway car and set it on fire on Brine Road, Nantwich, before being arrested in a van on the M6 in Staffordshire.
    Chalmers 27yrs from Oswald Road, in Chorlton Cum Hardy; Massay 26yrs from Pegwell Drive, Salford; McAndrew 32yrs from Edlington Walk, Newton Heath; Schofield 20yrs from Dob Brook Close, Manchester, were sentenced at Warrington Crown Court on Monday 21st November 2016.
    Chalmers and Massey were jailed for nine years, McAndrew eight years, and Schofield 48 months for their part in the robbery.
    They wore balaclavas, forced a hole in the window and stole eight expensive Tudor watches before making off in a vehicle.
    A joint operation by Cheshire Police, North West Motorway Group, Central Police Motorway Group, West Midlands Motorway Group and Staffordshire Police traced the van and four men inside were arrested on suspicion of robbery."

HM

Happy ending.

Good news indeed. Cheshire police catch the majority of suspects on the M6!

Jewellery shop robberies always make the headlines. Even though the baddies are most often caught and sentenced, that news is less often reported with the same relish. This is a shame, as it encourages a never-ending stream of hopeless thickos to try their hand at what they think will be a lucrative and risk-free job. I post this here in the small hope of redressing the balance :

"Four men have been jailed total of 30 years after pleading guilty to robbery at a Nantwich jewellers.
    Lewis Chalmers, Patrick Massay, Darren McAndrew and Joseph Schofield raided Moody’s Jewellers on Pillory Street on 27th July 2016 after smashing a hole in the front window using a sword and a drain grid.
    They then dumped their getaway car and set it on fire on Brine Road, Nantwich, before being arrested in a van on the M6 in Staffordshire.
    Chalmers 27yrs from Oswald Road, in Chorlton Cum Hardy; Massay 26yrs from Pegwell Drive, Salford; McAndrew 32yrs from Edlington Walk, Newton Heath; Schofield 20yrs from Dob Brook Close, Manchester, were sentenced at Warrington Crown Court on Monday 21st November 2016.
    Chalmers and Massey were jailed for nine years, McAndrew eight years, and Schofield 48 months for their part in the robbery.
    They wore balaclavas, forced a hole in the window and stole eight expensive Tudor watches before making off in a vehicle.
    A joint operation by Cheshire Police, North West Motorway Group, Central Police Motorway Group, West Midlands Motorway Group and Staffordshire Police traced the van and four men inside were arrested on suspicion of robbery."

HM
    Thanks for highlighting the story Haywood and, for my first post , it gives me a chance to introduce myself.

My name is David Alabaster and I have been Manager at Moodys for coming up to 13 years now, and have had the pleasure of knowing you, Haywood, for much of that time.

My first experience of being robbed was in 1981 at Pragnells in Stratford-upon-Avon staring down the barrels of a sawn-off shotgun for a minute wondering if it was actually loaded. Since then I have experienced, sadly, a good number of robberies and attacks, and I was also working in Manchester in 1996 when the big IRA bomb decimated the city centre (I was about 800 yards from where the bomb went off and ducked appropriately!)

In all that time this is the first time that anyone has been arrested for their offence and the various Police forces did an amazing job. And I tell you what - it makes all the hassle and aggravation worthwhile.

So thanks to all for their comments and I look forward to getting to know more of you through the Forum.

Welcome David! I'm only in Sandbach so will pop in at some point to say hello. You describe some chilling experiences. I can't imagine what that must be like. At least in this case the culprits have been dealt with appropriately.

Master
    Welcome, David !

This is my favourite forum, can be a rough ride at times (especially if one says something daft, by which I mean anything that a member who has had a bad day disagrees with), but there are a host of good people here.

I vouch for David and his shop as a straigh-down-the-line, cracking independent.

H

Quote Originally Posted by jpjsavage View Post
    Welcome David! I'm only in Sandbach so will pop in at some point to say hello. You describe some chilling experiences. I can't imagine what that must be like. At least in this case the culprits have been dealt with appropriately.
    Brilliant! Look forward to it and thanks for the welcome.

Welcome, David !

This is my favourite forum, can be a rough ride at times (especially if one says something daft, by which I mean anything that a member who has had a bad day disagrees with), but there are a host of good people here.

I vouch for David and his shop as a straigh-down-the-line, cracking independent.

H
    Thanks for the welcome Haywood.

You know me - I never say anything daft..........

I just don't understand their risk/reward thinking. It's crazy. 30 years for 8 (ultimately 0) Tudor watches. I wonder if they thought they would get away with more, run a low risk of getting caught and if caught would receive a light sentence?

Any psychologists or criminologists (or ex-cons)?

Future incarceration costs? £2m?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyCasper View Post
    I just don't understand their risk/reward thinking. It's crazy. 30 years for 8 (ultimately 0) Tudor watches. I wonder if they thought they would get away with more, run a low risk of getting caught and if caught would receive a light sentence?
    I am am neither a psychologist nor a criminologist but it seems to me that lack of thought and comprehension is part of the problem. It seems that there is (a) a lack of empathy (i.e. lack of subconscious/innate awareness of the reciprocity principle) as well as (b) lack of intellectual rational judgement about risks vs. rewards. In other words, those who do this sort of things are not capable of realising that it is a bad idea (and is commonly a poor rate of return even if they get away with it).

Future incarceration costs? £2m?
    Yes, I think this is a problem still to be solved. Some form of long term incarceration does seem warranted in cases like this but the question of how to remove the burden from the taxpayer is as yet unsolved. My view is that the criminal should pay for it, but I'm not sure how.

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
    Brilliant! Look forward to it and thanks for the welcome.
    welcome David,

very glad the thieving scumbags got caught..... I have friends in trade in Brighton and know of a few incidents that have happened there....nasty vile people who are too lazy to work properly............

but anyway, glad to have you here, any friend of Haywood's is a friend of ours....

but I suspect he's really only delighted to have someone else to answer member's PM's on whether their wife will like the blue or silver face on a Rolex for Christmas... or if you have any ceramic daytona's for £5k which they can sell for £12k on sales corner.....
    Last edited by lordloz; 1st December 2016 at 22:21.

Hi David, welcome to the party

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    Yes, I think this is a problem still to be solved. Some form of long term incarceration does seem warranted in cases like this but the question of how to remove the burden from the taxpayer is as yet unsolved. My view is that the criminal should pay for it, but I'm not sure how.
    There but for the grace of God potentially so we must do everything we can to help those unfortunate to make better decisions however the older I get the more draconian my thinking on crime and suitable punishment.

Quote Originally Posted by henk View Post
    Thank God no one was hurt
    Thanks for that Henk. We were VERY safe inside thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by lordloz View Post
    welcome David,

very glad the thieving scumbags got caught..... I have friends in trade in Brighton and know of a few incidents that have happened there....nasty vile people who are too lazy to work properly............

but anyway, glad to have you here, any friend of Haywood's is a friend of ours....

but I suspect he's really only delighted to have someone else to answer member's PM's on whether their wife will like the blue or silver face on a Rolex for Christmas... or if you have any ceramic daytona's for £5k which they can sell for £12k on sales corner.....

Thanks for the great welcome lordloz - good to be here.

I would only claim to be a friend of Haywood's under duress of course, but then, what a good friend he is!!

Quote Originally Posted by adesmith View Post
    Hi David, welcome to the party

Cheers Ade.

Good to pop in on here and look forward to seeing you before Christmas

David. I definitely exchanged emails with you when I was after a Batman and a Hulk. I got them both on the same day but you were helpful as I recall. Welcome.

Michael.

Master
    Welcome to another forum, Mr Alabaster. Hope all's well with you and the rest of the crew in Nantwich.

Quote Originally Posted by mjrennie View Post
    David. I definitely exchanged emails with you when I was after a Batman and a Hulk. I got them both on the same day but you were helpful as I recall. Welcome.

Michael.
    Hi Michael.

Thanks for the welcome - I hadn't realised I was amongst so many old friends and acquaintances!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by downer View Post
    Welcome to another forum, Mr Alabaster. Hope all's well with you and the rest of the crew in Nantwich.
    Thank you. We're all in the pink here which could be down to the chilly weather!!

Talking

Thanks for highlighting the story Haywood and, for my first post , it gives me a chance to introduce myself.

My name is David Alabaster and I have been Manager at Moodys for coming up to 13 years now, and have had the pleasure of knowing you, Haywood, for much of that time.

My first experience of being robbed was in 1981 at Pragnells in Stratford-upon-Avon staring down the barrels of a sawn-off shotgun for a minute wondering if it was actually loaded. Since then I have experienced, sadly, a good number of robberies and attacks, and I was also working in Manchester in 1996 when the big IRA bomb decimated the city centre (I was about 800 yards from where the bomb went off and ducked appropriately!)

In all that time this is the first time that anyone has been arrested for their offence and the various Police forces did an amazing job. And I tell you what - it makes all the hassle and aggravation worthwhile.

So thanks to all for their comments and I look forward to getting to know more of you through the Forum.
    You don't know me by name but you may by sight.
    I live in Nantwich and am often seen drooling outside your shop window.
    K.

Quote Originally Posted by krusty View Post
    You don't know me by name but you may by sight.
    I live in Nantwich and am often seen drooling outside your shop window.
    K.
    Cheers for that Krusty

I wondered why there was so much drool on the window!

Seeing your avatar it's narrowed it down to about fourteen people in Nantwich so I hope you will pop in for a coffee and chat to introduce yourself sometime soon - but not on Mondays!!

Blog Entries
    Seeing your avatar it's narrowed it down to about fourteen people in Nantwich
    LOL

Glad they got nicked. Nothing else to say that hasn't already been said.

Welcome, David. Wish it was under better circumstances.

Blog Entries
    They stole 8 Tudors ? 8 ! Aside from
    The risk versus reward do these guys know they have robbed a Rolex micro brand that is going through a re emergence. I think these robbers are from the WIS community. 😅
    I'm making light of it obviously / it's the victim impact I think of . Stupid really the risk vs reward it's hardly the great train robbery .

Blog Entries
    Although it does seem odd a four man team /8 tudors / 2 a piece .

I'm seeing it now if they never got caught ...Meanwhile Back at the loot hideout

"No I'm having the black bay "
    Well I want the bronze "

Quote Originally Posted by henryviii View Post
    Glad they got nicked. Nothing else to say that hasn't already been said.

Welcome, David. Wish it was under better circumstances.
    Very kind of you King Henry.

The welcome from everyone here has been fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by bond View Post
    They stole 8 Tudors ? 8 ! Aside from
    The risk versus reward do these guys know they have robbed a Rolex micro brand that is going through a re emergence. I think these robbers are from the WIS community. 
    I'm making light of it obviously / it's the victim impact I think of . Stupid really the risk vs reward it's hardly the great train robbery .
    Love it, Mr Bond!

Their original plan was clearly to try and get the Rolex but our shop security is so tight that really nothing went to plan for them.

We were told by a friend in the Police that they were doing it for £500 each.......

Bruce Reynolds will be laughing his socks off up there!

Blog Entries
    We were told by a friend in the Police that they were doing it for £500 each.......
    Good grief.

Cheers Ade.

Good to pop in on here and look forward to seeing you before Christmas
    You know why I can't come in!!! Too tempting

Blog Entries
    Im not exactly on great money but £500 to be 'forced' or coerced into it for 5 ton is really effing gullible. I mean these guys who fence them as well how much are they hoping to recoup ? They cannot sell them full whack to anyone other than undesirable. Just seems a big ordeal for in the scheme of robberies 'a pittance' .

So to sum up -they are obviously Rolex forum members then and had to make do with tudors.

What next ? The Phantom pink panther strikes at the few and far between grand seiko boutiques around the UK
    🙃🙂🙃🙂

Master

Any psychologists or criminologists (or ex-cons)?
    I'm studying psychology and business management, so the course covers such topics quite well. However what I've learnt offers no answer as to their actions. The simple diagnosis is that they're just idiots. I know there are a lot of VERY clever thieves out there, but I imagine that the vast majority of them are thieves because they were incapable of making a living through any legal means. Makes me think of the guys who stole a fancy rolex from a business owner in Greenwich not too long ago. Not only were they stupid enough to be clearly caught on CCTV, but there were something like 4 of them. All that risk for what would probably end up being a grand a person.
    Last edited by hafle; 2nd December 2016 at 17:02.

Welcome David, glad everyone is ok.

As for these thieves, they are obviously on the bottom rung of the ladder, and not too much upstairs.

A few years ago, someone tried to rob our shop. It's a carpet shop. Yes really. To this day, I don't know what they were thinking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk