closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Counterfeit DSSD on the bay again

Counterfeit DSSD on the bay again

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/192023837436?ul_noapp=true

Another no hoper trying to scam the unwary.

I Have reported the loser to ebay.

Journeyman
    Good job

Banned
    Madness. I guess I will have to buy it, to prevent someone from being scammed!

Craftsman
    What are the biggest tells that it's a fake?
    He's got zero feedback which would put me off but looking at the watch itself what can you guys see that suggests it's moody?
    Thanks

Craftsman
    The photos like they've been photocopied out of a newspaper. That for me is the biggest tell, as you can't make out any detail. Anyone selling a £6k watch would presumably have access to a post-1993 digital camera.

Being frank, who would part with that sort of money based on that advert. Unlikely to get any bites in my opinion.

Are you sure it is a fake?

Should a watch from 2008 have a green sticker ? I thought they stopped in 2007 ?

Master
    As was said, the photos are deliberately bad to now give the obvious signs away, but the end-link fit to the case is horrific on the last photo.

The photos could be that of a genuine DSSD. If someone is prepared to defraud a punter out of £6k I don't think they'd lose too much sleep from putting up a web pic in a sales ad.

Quote Originally Posted by manganr View Post
    The photos could be that of a genuine DSSD. If someone is prepared to defraud a punter out of £6k I don't think they'd lose too much sleep from putting up a web pic in a sales ad.
    Quite possible but you cannot report that to EBay nor can EBay take any actions unless actual fraud has been committed.

Grand Master
    I`m no expert on these, but apart from the zero feedback, unconvincing advert and some poor pictures I can`t see anything to convince me it's fake. Accepting the point about the end piece gap, that could be caused by a springbar getting sprained slightly; the bracelet's also under tension owing to the way it's been put on the cushion and this will accentuate any gap.

Would I buy from this advert? Definitely not, but the watch just might be OK.

Several years ago I bought an 18 month old Sub 14060 from a similar advert. I went to see the watch and all was correct, I got a good deal.

My gut feeling on this one isn`t positive, but I`m not convinced at this stage that the watch is a fake. Definitely needs seeing in the flesh, and if it's a fake the owner probably won`t agree to that.

That's the problem with poor photos and one has to wonder if it's a deliberate ploy.

Paul
    Last edited by walkerwek1958; 12th November 2016 at 15:27.

Banned
    It is 100% fake.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandS View Post
    It is 100% fake.
    Are you the seller?

Master
    It is 100% fake.
    Always reassuring when a true ex spurt speaks up...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeColdplayHistory View Post
    Are you the seller?
    Well, what do you offer?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    It is 100% fake.
    what watches do you have GrandS? you seem such an expert on various brands, you must have a few in your collection?

Quote Originally Posted by soundood View Post
    what watches do you have GrandS? you seem such an expert on various brands, you must have a few in your collection?
    He has a fake DSSD but he is selling that.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I've offered a quid. He'd had 7 other offers

Banned
    Let me just say that it is not very interesting and many members here have far finer and more varied collections than I could ever hope to amass.

It is 100% fake.
    What proves it's a 100% fake then?

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    What proves it's a 100% fake then?

R
    Trust me.

Master
    Trust me.
    Why would we do that? Why don't you feel like sharing?

Master
    It may just be a terrible ad. You'd think if you're selling something to special at such a value, someone would put some effort into listing it well!

Quote Originally Posted by hafle View Post
    Some members here have him on ignore.
    They would appreciate not quoting him.
    Personally,I don't mind the entertainment he provides.
    Thanks.

Banned
    Because I don't like to belabor points, especially when it seems pointless. I am not a teacher. To me that is an obvious fake. If you can't see it, then you may wish to do some studying for your own benefit.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    can you answer the above GrandS?

Banned
    can you answer the above GrandS?
    Yes

Master
    Because I don't like to belabor points, especially when it seems pointless. I am not a teacher. To me that is an obvious fake. If you can't see it, then you may wish to do some studying for your own benefit.
    Why are you on the forum if you don't have any intention of offering meaningful input? I'm beginning to understand the allegations levelled against you.

I'll just have to go on the basis that the only way you can know that it is 100% fake is that you are the seller, and as such, a criminal.

This is a community and as such we share opinion, knowledge, advice, help, assistance, etc.

I'm not asking you to belabor anything, but simply to share with me and others the knowledge you say you have.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    This is a community and as such we share opinion, knowledge, advice, help, assistance, etc.

I'm not asking you to belabor anything, but simply to share with me and others the knowledge you say you have.

R
    I appreciate the request, but I am too busy at the moment.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Yes
    well go on then, let us know what Brands makes yu have at the moment? I cant remember you ever posting a watch in watch talk

Banned
    Why are you on the forum if you don't have any intention of offering meaningful input? I'm beginning to understand the allegations levelled against you.

I'll just have to go on the basis that the only way you can know that it is 100% fake is that you are the seller, and as such, a criminal.
    If you really want to know, then I suggest you study the real deal carefully. The fake will be revealed, as surely as mist is burned away on a sunny morning. It will give you a lot more lasting satisfaction than having me tell you.

Master
    If you really want to know, then I suggest you study the real deal carefully. The fake will be revealed, as surely as mist is burned away on a sunny morning. It will give you a lot more lasting satisfaction than having me tell you.
    Thanks, but it makes more sense that you're the seller and as such a criminal.

Banned
    Thanks, but it makes more sense that you're the seller and as such a criminal.
    Thanks, you are very kind, too bad you don't actually have a brain. Would I come here saying it is a fake if I was the seller? Would you? I guess so.

Not too busy to pen a few words, surely?

R

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Thanks, you are very kind, too bad you don't actually have a brain. Would I come here saying it is a fake if I was the seller? Would you? I guess so.
    I have been here a while now, and had heard you were a Troll but had not really came across you, now that I have I refuse to feed you so you are on ignore.

one last thing before I go, why are you on a watch forum trolling when you really dont have any interest in watches? I bet you troll Mumsnet too, I might search the username GrandM

goodbye
    Last edited by soundood; 12th November 2016 at 21:33.

Master
    Absolutely. Wouldn't harm you at all given the nature of this forum. It isn't being sold to try and dupe watch aficionado's, if it's being sold to scam the average eBay user (assuming it is a fake)

I'd you know it is 100% fake but absolutely refuse to state your reasoning then it is the only logical explanation.

Feel free to share you're reasoning though. That's right, you've stated you have no intention. You'd rather see someone buy.

Until you do, I'll just consider you the seller and a criminal :) you're more than welcome to prove me wrong, but only you refuse to divulge how you could possibly know 100% that it is fake.

Banned
    Absolutely. Wouldn't harm you at all given the nature of this forum. It isn't being sold to try and dupe watch aficionado's, if it's being sold to scam the average eBay user (assuming it is a fake)

I'd you know it is 100% fake but absolutely refuse to state your reasoning then it is the only logical explanation.

Feel free to share you're reasoning though. That's right, you've stated you have no intention. You'd rather see someone buy.

Until you do, I'll just consider you the seller and a criminal :) you're more than welcome to prove me wrong, but only you refuse to divulge how you could possibly know 100% that it is fake.
    Untwist your knickers and then remove your nasty fake from ebay. Continued digging will only make your hole bigger.

Not that busy by the looks of it.

Master
    Guys! If you believe GrandS to be a troll or wind up merchant etc then stop biting so easily. If his aim is to get you LOT wound up he must be p*****g himself. It's too easy

Banned
    One of the things that give me the greatest pleasure is to fight fakes and fake merchants. One of these has now outed himself with his repeated demands for instructions on how to make his fake look convincing.

Looks like he has photographed another image looking at how poor it is...
    If anyone lives near him, ask to go see it....

Apprentice
    I would say it's a real dssd as I'm sitting here comparing it to the real one on my wrist,as to whether that person owns it or has just stolen the photos is debatable !!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    and removed, well done team and those who reported it,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Error?item...837436&errid=2

Banned
    Told you so.

Last edited by GrandS; 13th November 2016 at 17:07.

There are any number of reasons for an item to be removed. And no, you didn't 'tell us' anything really: your reticence to show why it was a '100% fake' plus the excuse you gave for not doing so doesn't add up to you being a community-based member at all. IMO, of course.

R

I reported this as a fake originally,and missed the questions on why- the main reason was the spacing on the bezel between the numbers, (the gap between 10 and 20 etc.) if you look at a genuine Deepsea they are close together, the gap was too large on this one.
    It was a pretty convincing fake and I had to compare with mine for a while to establish it was hooky.
    Unfortunately the pictures are no longer available for scrutiny.
    Last edited by nibby; 3rd December 2016 at 01:18.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by nibby View Post
    I reported this as a fake originally,and missed the questions on why- the main reason was the spacing on the bezel between the numbers, (the gap between 10 and 20 etc.) if you look at a genuine Deepsea they are close together, the gap was too large on this one.
    It was a pretty convincing fake and I had to compare with mine for a while to establish it was hooky.
    Unfortunately the pictures are no longer available for scrutiny.
    Thank you.