closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Webwatchmaker Brendan Hoey

Webwatchmaker Brendan Hoey

Hi all,
    I just wanted to post some pictures and feedback on here about my recent experience with Brendan.

I first reached out to him following a post on here asking for help to identify a vintage Omega (cal 266 it turned out) I inherited from my grandfather. I received a few recommendations about someone to service said watch, one of whom was Brendan.
    I sent him a message on whatsapp about the above and also a failed seamaster cosmic 2000 that belonged to my father in law.

I have to add, at this point, that my father in law passed away before I met my wife so obviously we have never met.
    My mother in law came across the seamaster in the back of a wardrobe, knackered and not running. A local jeweller advised my wife to throw the watch away. Thankfully she didn't and the mother in law and I conspired to get it fixed as a surprise for my wife and of course as a piece to remember him by.

Anyway, Brendan suggested that both pieces were serviceable and he would be able to get the seamaster running.

I packaged both watches up and sent them away. I was quite nervous as both have immense sentimental value.

Brendan sent me a picture when he had received the watches and told me he'd get to them in a couple of days. If I recall Brendan had 11 other watches too look at at the time.

A few days later Brendan sent me some pics of the 266 in pieces ready to clean. A few hours later a picture comes with all the components clean then a little later a picture of the mechanics back together, along with a video of the watch running. Now I don't have this piece back yet as it's having the dial refurbished too. On to the seamaster...

Well, when Brendan starts to disassemble I get a message.... A bad message... Water damage! Oh no.... Not to worry, says Brendan, it could be ok. Well it turned out not terrible. A couple of parts needed replacing, at crazy Swiss prices... Thanks swatch group!
    So the disassembly continues, with pics as before and reassembly.
    New strap was added and the seamaster put in the post. I was excited!
    Today the watch arrived and I presented it to my wife with her mum.
    Lots of tears ensued as both were absolutely over the moon.
    Lots of husband points for me today!

I can't recommend Brendan enough. Communicative, efficient, professional and, without doubt, an artist.
    He's a very knowledgeable watch maker and also a personable fellow. We've had random chats about ask sorts in between him working on the watches.

If you need a repair or a service he's the man. I might just pre book my new speedie pro now for a 5 year service.

Here's some pics....

Cal 266 and seamaster

Cal 266

Seamaster before

Seamaster after

TL:DR
    Brendan is ace. Go to him for all your watch service and repair needs!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Well Brendan certainly worked his magic there , looks fantastic .

He sorted out three pocket watches for me at a very reasonable cost and quickly - this was after someone else had them for months and gave up.

He did a great job and I wouldnt hesitate to use him again or recommend him to others.

All round top bloke, done a few for me and has the wifes Rolex for a dial swop and service now, highly recomended.

Craftsman

Webwatchmaker Brendan Hoey

Great to hear. Personally I like to give credit where credit is due, and if someone offers a good/great service, then deservedly that should be applauded.

Edited to add, I'll bear this in mind for my own Speedie service.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    Brendan has just repaired my 116710 and arranged a full service via RUK.

Great guy...though he has a very strange sense of humour.

Grand Master
    Brendan has serviced a few for me now and i can highly recommend his work, he turned around my Rolex Exp II in just two weeks which is crazy fast!
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

Grand Master
    Not many repairers will touch this version of the Seamaster Cosmic owing to the difficulty in getting the case apart. I shy away from them for this very reason; a crazy design which needs either special equipment and /or technique to separate the inner case from the glass and movement.

Paul

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Credit to Brendan then for not only touching but finishing very well :-)

Top Bloke! 👍

Craftsman
    Cracking looking job

Master
    Another top service recommendation for Brendan from me. I've passed his details onto quite a few people since I used his services last (maybe that will get me a discount next time )

I can thoroughly recommend Brendan webwatchmaker. He did a great service on my white Longines Admiral and a couple of Oris's....or is it Orisi?....or Orises..... and a couple of Oris watches

Cheers
    Mark

Journeyman

Brendan - webwatchmaker = Excellent!

I have to jump on the bandwagon here-I was going to start a new thread once I had my watches back, but as I'm here-Brendan has just finished putting together a Heuer Bund for me. It came to me in parts and the work he has done is extraordinary-even down to cleaning the tiny chrono wheel by hand. I've had constant WhatsApp updates with pictures....but all that aside, his sense of humour is unparalleled! (mind you, he has just bought a new joke book from a car boot sale-he told me all about it!)

Oh, and he has also nearly finished putting together a Val 72 movement for me from individual pieces....a task which was turned down by at least 4 (reputable) UK watchmakers.......I think that speaks for itself.

A BIG thumbs up from me!

Steve

Master
    Brendan is ace. Revived three watches for me , two of which I thought were goners.
    Can't recommend him highly enough.

Apprentice

A Genius At Work

I sent two Chronograph's to Brendan other watchmakers had turned down, But the genius soon had them working.
    I recommend him to one and all.

Sir Barry.

Well, Brendan has done it again. Two for two for me now.

Before

After

Thanks again Brendan!

And my 'collection'.... Lol

I can thoroughly commend Brendan's work, it really is good, incluing making new parts, re-plating chromed cases, servicing and many more things.

But I do wish he would issue a written service receipt when he returns things. I have not had one off him, ever. It is a simple fact that a service receipt has value to the owner of the watch (in case of sale).

D

Wrist shot!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by japester View Post
    Wrist shot!

Im in love with this!

Me too!

Banned
    Torquay, Devon. Great place to work and relax. Love flying and lots of great sea walks.
    Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    I can thoroughly commend Brendan's work, it really is good, incluing making new parts, re-plating chromed cases, servicing and many more things.

But I do wish he would issue a written service receipt when he returns things. I have not had one off him, ever. It is a simple fact that a service receipt has value to the owner of the watch (in case of sale).

D
    All you have to do is ask at the time !

Another happy customer

Brendan serviced/repaired 2 heirloom pocket watches for me a little while ago they run superbly. All in all a high quality job done by a true professional cheers Brendan. Thanks Dave

Craftsman

My Omega 176.0012

so Brendan did the magic!
    here my Omega Speedy 176.0012 bought on internet, a full service was badly needed!

and here how it looks now after the Webwatchmaker's treatment :)

thumb up for Brendan!

I agree with everything that has been said. Brendan serviced my JLC Hometime and he did a wonderful job. The movement was stripped and rebuilt and he certainly knows his way around a JLC calibre 975. The rather delicate gold hands must have been tricky to refit but no problems at all. He also has a fast turnaround and his prices are more than fair. Based on the results he is a bit of a perfectionist, and that cannot be a bad thing as you have to be in his profession.

My watch is now running beautifully.

Thanks for everything Brendan.

Last edited by j111dja; 8th October 2016 at 09:20.

Journeyman
    Fantastic job indeed and totally recommend Brendan

Craftsman
    It's great to know that there is someone there to trust with your watches that have sentimental value and there are some lovely examples of that here. Thanks very much to the OP.

Another thumbs up to Brendan. He recently carried out some work on a watch I own. Excellent all round.

Master
    Good. I am about to use him to fix a 1970s Zenith which is lovely, but needs some care and attention. We are lucky to have a watchmaker like this still providing a service.

Just a further update (and a cheeky bump for Brendan),
    He's now done a Rolex 15000 from 1981 for me (Acquired from this very forum from Martynw - cheers!).

Usual quick turnaround and excellent work.

On a positive note for me this is the first one that didn't need parts! :)

Thanks again Brendan!

Master
    Wow really great to hear that we have an amazing watch repairer amongst us!! So many horror story these days so really happy to see these independents get good feedback.