closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sales Corner

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkO View Post
    Having read post #1 several times,does that JB have English as a second language too ?
    Having known him as long as I have....YES. Don't think he has a first language :-)

Still, he knows his watches and despite this unfortunate thread I'll vouch for him. No involvement myself in any of what preceded.

H
    Last edited by Haywood_Milton; 27th July 2016 at 16:53.

Master
    Since when did selling watches require a specific type of education? Apart from Borstals , that is.
    Come to think of it, what happened to 'borstals' ? Probably all turned into 'academies'
    I'd take a guess that Mr.Brett could tell us a few entertaining tales about Watchfinder. Good to sell to, more problematic to buy from. Overall, I think I'd prefer Mr Brett. But all dealers need a thick skin when it comes to the forums.
    Paul Thorpe, in his blogs, insists that dealer margins are very tight. I suspect that is true. Tough industry to survive in.

Banned
    http://www.thewatchdirectory.com/watches/

36 pages of watches in stock that aren’t in stock.

His opening post was a touch naive for the bloke described in the about us section, so my conclusion is it’s a pull the wool job.

Shame as (i) this forum is public, so will show up in searches and (ii) many here may want to buy/sell, but want people to be transparent, oh and have a reasonable understanding of spelling and grammar.

Oh well...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Agreed, but it depends on the size of the organisation. If he was CEO of The Goldsmiths chain then I would be impressed, but if it is one bloke in a shop, then not quite so impressive.
    Hence the wink. I suspect he's a director of one man company.
    Last edited by troymcclure72; 27th July 2016 at 15:49.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by burnsey66 View Post

It's a SEO trick.

Craftsman
    Maybe it is an SEO (I assume this is search engine optimisation) trick, but it makes the site practically impossible to use!

Journeyman
    OK so i think i should maybe reply to some of this - all this from a simply question on how to sell something through TZ-UK. In the nicest of manors - not really encouraging for people whom try to interact with a forum for a good decent purpose and try to learn how to and then get shot down. Bad Form.

However, i still love the banter and think it is all very entertaining. English is my first language however i am dyslexic - so sorry for that issue. Yes SEO - google and so on - but hey whom cares.

One man band - maybe not (4) and looking to expand if i can. Oh and the site is being used to test different stuff as i am building a whole new one so not to bothered by it at the moment and sorry if it puts anyone off but this is why i am building a whole new version.

I love watches, the product, how it works and so on and yes did leave WF and set up another company but hardly a rival - that sell to the public and i primarily sell to the trade - they do a great job and i would always recommend them for this to anyone and if honest have put people there way since leaving (although they wouldn't know this)

As for buying and selling, i have helped sell a watch for someone on here already and was true to what i said and hoping to help more -

There is no smoke and mirrors to anything i do, i do not work like that and don't ever want to.

Last thing or rant or comment and so on - i repeat from my original post when i joined and stand by it, i hope to just interact on here, learn, add knowledge and enjoy the forum.

HAVE FUN...
    Last edited by Jonathan_Brett; 27th July 2016 at 16:26.

Quote Originally Posted by Haywood_Milton View Post
    Having known his as long as I have....YES. Don't think he has a first language :-)

Still, he knows his watches and despite this unfortunate thread I'll vouch for him. No involvement myself in any of what preceded.

H
    Quote Originally Posted by paskinner View Post
    Since when did selling watches require a specific type of education? Apart from Borstals , that is.
    Come to think of it, what happened to 'borstals' ? Probably all turned into 'academies'
    I'd take a guess that Mr.Brett could tell us a few entertaining tales about Watchfinder. Good to sell to, more problematic to buy from. Overall, I think I'd prefer Mr Brett. But all dealers need a thick skin when it comes to the forums.
    Paul Thorpe, in his blogs, insists that dealer margins are very tight. I suspect that is true. Tough industry to survive in.

I am not suggesting a certain level of education is required but an ability to communicate clearly is required if you are selling using written posts on a forum such as this. I think the reaction to the first post was because it was written in a style that seemed like someone not asking a genuine question. Hence my question about English as a second language. I've seen threads go sideways when a post is misunderstood as the language usage was down to it being the second language of the member.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkO View Post
    I am not suggesting a certain level of education is required but an ability to communicate clearly is required if you are selling using written posts on a forum such as this. I think the reaction to the first post was because it was written in a style that seemed like someone not asking a genuine question. Hence my question about English as a second language. I've seen threads go sideways when a post is misunderstood as the language usage was down to it being the second language of the member.
    well hand on heart it wasn't meant in any other way they a question and trying to explain what wanted to do. I will learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan_Brett View Post
    well hand on heart it wasn't meant in any other way they a question and trying to explain what wanted to do. I will learn!
    Well it cost me a sale as the buyer backed out - so thanks for that.

His opening post was a touch naive for the bloke described in the about us section, so my conclusion is it’s a pull the wool job.

Shame as (i) this forum is public, so will show up in searches and (ii) many here may want to buy/sell, but want people to be transparent, oh and have a reasonable understanding of spelling and grammar.

Oh well...
    That's something I commented on IN THIS THREAD.
    ______

​Jim.

If Jonathan just buys your Snoopy from you, then all will end well, yuss? Excellent.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    If Jonathan just buys your Snoopy from you, then all will end well, yuss? Excellent.
    no comment - well maybe.

'Thats a silly idea when i want to sell my own'

Do you know that for sure Ken? Or was it just a case of buyers remorse/the wife finding out?

It may be me bring thick but I don't see why this episode should have had any effect on your sale.

Granted his post was poor timing and if he'd read the rules he'd have known that he couldn't sell his watch on here yet but he openly wanted more for his than you do for yours and you're still selling yours at below current market price and below what you paid for it.

It'd be interesting to see what Watchfinder would offer you for it if it doesn't sell on here.

Who is the forum member who gave the advice about advertising the Snoopy here?

I don't think the OP should really take all the blame for this tread.

I'm sure there's a perfectly reasonable explanation.
    Last edited by TimeOut; 27th July 2016 at 17:00.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    Do you know that for sure Ken? Or was it just a case of buyers remorse/the wife finding out?

It may be me bring thick but I don't see why this episode should have had any effect on your sale.

Granted his post was poor timing and if he'd read the rules he'd have known that he couldn't sell his watch on here yet but he openly wanted more for his than you do for yours and you're still selling yours at below current market price and below what you paid for it.

It'd be interesting to see what Watchfinder would offer you for it if it doesn't sell on here.
    No Dave, I don't think it was directly as a result of this thread last night, but if he had any doubts it can't have helped. At one point last night I was going to PM him and apologise for the thread and ask if he still wanted to proceed, got up this morning and had my answer.

I wasn't in a hurry to sell and I am still interested in a decent trade, like Snoopy plus my Daytona for an Aquanaut or something like that. Chronext have one and they do part ex, but I just wanted to give one of the chaps on here hunting for a Snoopy first crack before heading anywhere else.

I will leave the SC listing open for a few days and then consider the next option. It is not about money, it is about the right deal for me.
    Last edited by Wallasey Runner; 27th July 2016 at 17:20.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by TimeOut View Post
    Who is the forum member who gave the advice about advertising the Snoopy here?

I don't think the OP should really take all the blame for this tread.

I'm sure there's a perfectly reasonable explanation.
    don't understand, the OP was a question that i simply from the view put in the wrong way which came across wrong which we have established. The person whom said about selling this on here said about the one that we have mentioned - not where to sell it - thats what i was trying to find out - again in the wrong text - so what the person that suggested to me got to do with anything?

don't understand
    Fair enough - Well it's a community and we all know each other, there are no secrets here.

Another member of the community has given you some incorrect advice. And so, with the first sentence in mind, it would only be fair if he posted in the thread rather than leaving you, a new member, alone to field the questions.

Journeyman
    Fair enough - Well it's a community and we all know each other, there are no secrets here.

Another member of the community has given you some incorrect advice and with my first sentence in mind, it would only be fair if he posted in the thread rather than leaving you, a new member, alone to field the questions.
    Appreciated comment. I do enjoy the banter from this. Just hope it goes away as currently sitting at pretty much the list of threads 🙈

Journeyman
    OK so i think i should maybe reply to some of this - all this from a simply question on how to sell something through TZ-UK. In the nicest of manors - not really encouraging for people whom try to interact with a forum for a good decent purpose and try to learn how to and then get shot down. Bad Form.

However, i still love the banter and think it is all very entertaining. English is my first language however i am dyslexic - so sorry for that issue. Yes SEO - google and so on - but hey whom cares.

One man band - maybe not (4) and looking to expand if i can. Oh and the site is being used to test different stuff as i am building a whole new one so not to bothered by it at the moment and sorry if it puts anyone off but this is why i am building a whole new version.

I love watches, the product, how it works and so on and yes did leave WF and set up another company but hardly a rival - that sell to the public and i primarily sell to the trade - they do a great job and i would always recommend them for this to anyone and if honest have put people there way since leaving (although they wouldn't know this)

As for buying and selling, i have helped sell a watch for someone on here already and was true to what i said and hoping to help more -

There is no smoke and mirrors to anything i do, i do not work like that and don't ever want to.

Last thing or rant or comment and so on - i repeat from my original post when i joined and stand by it, i hope to just interact on here, learn, add knowledge and enjoy the forum.

HAVE FUN...
    Being new here also so my here's my feeling and option for what it’s worth.

I’ve always had a passion for watches and joined a few months back and was quite apprehensive at first and really wanted to get a feel for the forum etiquette so I spent lots reading threads and posts and threads,

Since then I have purchased two lovely watches and missed a few due to work commitments, Sure I have bought items online before but never to the value or via a forum or total stranger, I have always been a fact to face or shop buyer and both purchases via this forum and from total stranger were hassle free and smooth.

Please no disrespect but when I read your post I thought it stank and I marked as one to swerve, For me reputation and transparency is everything,

I know where your coming from with dyslexic, both my sons and I have it LOL and its nothing to do with having a education, I have a successful career and my oldest son is doing a 5 years Masters,

it’s just a pain in the ass getting the letters back to front

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by JamJam View Post
    Being new here also so my here's my feeling and option for what it’s worth.

I’ve always had a passion for watches and joined a few months back and was quite apprehensive at first and really wanted to get a feel for the forum etiquette so I spent lots reading threads and posts and threads,

Since then I have purchased two lovely watches and missed a few due to work commitments, Sure I have bought items online before but never to the value or via a forum or total stranger, I have always been a fact to face or shop buyer and both purchases via this forum and from total stranger were hassle free and smooth.

Please no disrespect but when I read your post I thought it stank and I marked as one to swerve, For me reputation and transparency is everything,

I know where your coming from with dyslexic, both my sons and I have it LOL and its nothing to do with having a education, I have a successful career and my oldest son is doing a 5 years Masters,

it’s just a pain in the ass getting the letters back to front
    Didn't quite understand the point of this long post but ok. Or ko lol

Banned
    no comment - well maybe.

'Thats a silly idea when i want to sell my own'
    I'm sure you do, but at the marked up price, to a forum of ready buyers. Strange when you continually inform us how you're stick sells so quickly and your website is void of available stock.

You've not done great in this thread, so maybe let it die.

The more gullible may buy the flannel, but I certainly don't.

Journeyman
    I'm sure you do, but at the marked up price, to a forum of ready buyers. Strange when you continually inform us how you're stick sells so quickly and your website is void of available stock.

You've not done great in this thread, so maybe let it die.

The more gullible may buy the flannel, but I certainly don't.
    Honestly, if you new my stock to turn time and so on you would understand. I have an average turn time of about 2/3 days and as mentioned I focus on B2B so that also is why it is never on long or at all as I sell it. Think that's what I am meant to do? But I also never promote to go and see all the stock o have anywhere - so I don't push people to buy from me for this reason. But hey thanks for the feedback.

Journeyman
    Didn't quite understand the point of this long post but ok. Or ko lol
    Okay keep this one simple for you,

I thought your first fist post was out of order, why obey forum rules when you can just create a sales thread out with SC bating the sale of a snoopy and donation to the fund raiser.

Journeyman

I thought your first fist post was out of order, why obey forum rules when you can just create a sales thread out with SC bating the sale of a snoopy and donation to the fund raiser.
    Thanks for the clarity - as per my previous messages. I have already apologised for this and explained -

How many times can someone keep repeating them selves - I didn't mean for it to come out like it did on the OP.

So with that - forgive or forget, after all nobody died and there are worst things in the world like - wearing socks with sandles

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the clarity - as per my previous messages. I have already apologised for this and explained -

How many times can someone keep repeating them selves - I didn't mean for it to come out like it did on the OP.

So with that - forgive or forget, after all nobody died and there are worst things in the world like - wearing socks with sandles

Appreciated comment. I do enjoy the banter from this. Just hope it goes away as currently sitting at pretty much the list of threads 
    One thing is for certain: there's something here we're not being told.

Watch collectors are an inquisitive bunch, some may even register on the autistic spectrum. Going from past experience; this thread will sit at the top until all the info is out in the open.

Banned
    Honestly, if you new my stock to turn time and so on you would understand. I have an average turn time of about 2/3 days
    With that record I’d list it on that site!

Journeyman
    One thing is for certain: there's something here we're not being told.

Watch collectors are an inquisitive bunch, some may even register on the autistic spectrum. Going from past experience; this thread will sit at the top until all the info is out in the open.
    Ok please do not take offence: I wanted to sell my own watch, I was told about one that sold, wanted to follow suit - couldn't find out how, posted thread to explain what I was trying to do - THATS IT!

Ok please do not take offence: I wanted to sell my own watch, I was told about one that sold, wanted to follow suit - couldn't find out how, posted thread to explain what I was trying to do - THATS IT!
    It still feels strange when you are in the trade, you would need to sell it on a forum you just recently joined.
    May be it is all an innocent mistake but just is strange.

Ok I'll phrase it another way: one of the dearly beloved fully stamped and paid up members of this forum with SC access told you about Ken's watch. Presumably during this discussion there was a suggestion made that you might sell yours here too. Upon trying to list it you discovered that you had no access to the sales corner.

At this point you must have wondered what to do....

Your friend may have suggested posting in WT, or, without any further advice from your friend, you decided to post in WT that you were selling a Snoopy.

Somewhere along the line I think you are going to have to explain the full scenario.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    It still feels strange when you are in the trade, you would need to sell it on a forum you just recently joined.
    May be it is all an innocent mistake but just is strange.
    Nothing strange, if you want to sell something and you hear about how to sell it then you follow the path - standard really. So example you hear someone is buying x for more from somewhere and so you go there ? No? if not then we'll you are an idiot?

I was simply again previous post, trying to ask how to, also just because I sell watches for a job it doesn't mean I am restricted to how, where and to whom I can sell to?

Banned
    just because I sell watches for a job it doesn't mean I am restricted to how, where and to whom I can sell to?
    On TZ-UK, you need to be a member for 6 months and post 250 times.

So, you are restricted, here at least. For that you should have some respect, for both the rules and membership.

Honestly Jonathan, you’re twaddle is wearing thin.

Put down the spade Jonathan, before you bury yourself.

JB, the question being asked is who told you about Ken's watch being sold here? As you've neither access to view or post in SC, it's a reasonable question to ask.

Answer the question and this thread will probably disappear in no time.

Journeyman
    ...mm
    Last edited by JamJam; 27th July 2016 at 19:24.

Journeyman
    On TZ-UK, you need to be a member for 6 months and post 250 times.

So, you are restricted, here at least. For that you should have some respect, for both the rules and membership.

Honestly Jonathan, you’re twaddle is wearing thin.
    Bored !

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by -Ally- View Post
    Put down the spade Jonathan, before you bury yourself.
    Wasn't trying to dig a whole but be honest and open - not lick there and spade going away

Banned
    Bored !
    How to win friends and influence people - chapter one.

Good luck, you’ll need it.

Jonathan helped me sell a watch and he was a pleasure to deal with. I hope this was a genuine mistake and he hit the send button without really thinking what he had written. If he was so unsure about how the forum worked he could have quite easily made a post asking what the process was for selling without mentioning the name of the watch he was hoping to sell.

Mark Williams on IPhone Taptalk

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by mark.wilo13 View Post
    Jonathan helped me sell a watch and he was a pleasure to deal with. I hope this was a genuine mistake and he hit the send button without really thinking what he had written. If he was so unsure about how the forum worked he could have quite easily made a post asking what the process was for selling without mentioning the name of the watch he was hoping to sell.

Mark Williams on IPhone Taptalk
    Thanks Mark and was an error and fully aware of this and didn't know the rules. Hope all is well.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    the plot thickens......

Master
    This thread is getting as sticky as when Sticky the stick insect got stuck on something sticky!

Craftsman
    Why is there such a bad attitude to dealers ? I think this guy has been honest about his intentions and why he did what he did . Whats the worst that could happen in all honesty ??

Journeyman
    Apologies
    Last edited by JamJam; 27th July 2016 at 19:17.

Journeyman
    So all I can say is 'i am sorry for that OP and that is has gone wrong and lead to all this I'll feeling'. Your comments have been noted and I will go and read the rules to make sure I don't make anymore blunders.

But please know I wont be responding to anymore posts - as I always say to the girls 'it's not you, it's me' lol

Thank you for your understanding around this error.
    Last edited by Jonathan_Brett; 27th July 2016 at 18:31.

Fair enough.

One more thing that you might want to consider. As you should now have "view" access to Sales Corner, should any watches advertised therein find their way on to your website for sale, the resulting storm will put this into perspective.

A previous dealer was caught hoovering up watches from Sales Corner to sell on his own site. He's not around any more.

Craftsman
    On the plus side, the OP's post count has done well out of this thread!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Backward point View Post
    Fair enough.

One more thing that you might want to consider. As you should now have "view" access to Sales Corner, should any watches advertised therein find their way on to your website for sale, the resulting storm will put this into perspective.

A previous dealer was caught hoovering up watches from Sales Corner to sell on his own site. He's not around any more.
    Totalling agree!

Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    Are you trying to say Rolex buyers are overweight?:-)
    Absolutely not. Any notion of Rolex as Fat B'Stards default choice is news to me.
    Come to think about it though, I do know several Rolex wearers who are fatties...and complete B'Stards too!