closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Another CW Sale - Trident Collection

Another CW Sale - Trident Collection

Just a quick heads up. Code is TRIDENT15.

https://www.christopherward.co.uk/co...ent-collection

Somewhere out there is someone who bought a CW for the original price.

Master
    ^^^^^^
    I've heard that too, but I think it's an urban legend

Master
    Blimey, they've gone a bit upmarket on pricing haven't they.

I do really like the look of the Trident. But the constant sales puts me off.

Master
    Most of the sale items end up on eBay quoting the original prices and offered at a bit of a mark up on the sale price. This happened a lot with those square case Markario (or whatever they were) watches last year when they cleared them out at 50%

I wonder if this stock clearance is to make room for Tridents with the new "Kiddyscript" logo, in which case it may be the last chance to get a decent dial on a CW, but the continual sales completely kill this brand for me, which is a shame because they were beginning to establish a niche.

Quote Originally Posted by UKMike View Post
    Most of the sale items end up on eBay quoting the original prices and offered at a bit of a mark up on the sale price. This happened a lot with those square case Markario (or whatever they were) watches last year when they cleared them out at 50%

I wonder if this stock clearance is to make room for Tridents with the new "Kiddyscript" logo, in which case it may be the last chance to get a decent dial on a CW, but the continual sales completely kill this brand for me, which is a shame because they were beginning to establish a niche.
    Some of the new tridents (the classic) are on there with the new logo - I've noticed the endless supply of CW on ebay.

They're starting to sort out their design so that they can justifiably ask for a bit more money. Up to the C9 and the C65 (both quite nice IMO though not haute horologie), the designs were a little dated.

The Quartz Trident is overpriced even at the sale price; I am wearing one now that I bought in a sale two years ago for £150 and that is fair. The crown is too flimsy and the Quartz tick stops it from feeling expensive. On a NATO, it is an excellent holiday watch.

I struggle with the concept of around £750 for a watch with a base ETA/Sellita but there are others who have asked more for less.